Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danzig

Go down 
+26
Schbopo
Am I Evil?
MetalFRO
SlaytanicPOWER
darkwulf
Leatherface
Addy
skullsmasher
Selvmord
manny
akeldama
DeathCult
7thSecond
arttieTHE1manparty
Lurideath
rattpoison
AchrisK
powermacho
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Stender
mc666
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:09 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
the whole "look how evil I can be" thing is super-lame

He's never been "evil" or tried to be. Being into "dark" subjects or imagery doesn't mean someone thinks they are evil. If Danzig has a major fault it is that he thinks more of himself than he should. I find someone blatently ripping off another's style for profit much more of a negative than someone being original with a dark image.

I disagree spec, Danzig goes out of his way to represent evil. Look at his lyrics and his songtitles. It's way more than being into a "dark subject". Alice in Chains fits more into the Dark Subject catagory, Danzig goes beyond that imo. Whether he ultimately does it for shock or not, in his mind the idea of evil is cool. That being said i admit that i enjoy his music for the most part.

I have to go with Spec on this one TZ, maybe some of the album imaginary is more on demonic imagery, but lyrically I look him more in goth mind set than I love Satan. Dark subjects not as realistic as Alice In Chains but more in the fantasy and goth mold.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Troublezone wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

He's never been "evil" or tried to be. Being into "dark" subjects or imagery doesn't mean someone thinks they are evil. If Danzig has a major fault it is that he thinks more of himself than he should. I find someone blatently ripping off another's style for profit much more of a negative than someone being original with a dark image.

I disagree spec, Danzig goes out of his way to represent evil. Look at his lyrics and his songtitles. It's way more than being into a "dark subject". Alice in Chains fits more into the Dark Subject catagory, Danzig goes beyond that imo. Whether he ultimately does it for shock or not, in his mind the idea of evil is cool. That being said i admit that i enjoy his music for the most part.
But evil Is a necessary.I am evil.Look at diamond head Am I evil WAY EVIL Lyrics.lets compare.

I got something to say I killed your baby to day(misfits but it was danzig era.)

now diamond head

27 ever one was nice see they're bodies out on the ice.

just as bad.Death is needed for some of us who find it alright.I'm not in to nerco stuff but I don't fear death any more after my father died and well this music also helped.

I'm not goth at all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

But evil Is a necessary.I am evil.Look at diamond head Am I evil WAY EVIL Lyrics.lets compare.

I got something to say I killed your baby to day(misfits but it was danzig era.)

now diamond head

27 ever one was nice see they're bodies out on the ice.

just as bad.Death is needed for some of us who find it alright.I'm not in to nerco stuff but I don't fear death any more after my father died and well this music also helped.

I'm not goth at all.

I wasn't talking about death, i meant in a disrespecting God sense.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:01 am

Troublezone wrote:

And that's evil?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:52 am

Schbopo wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

And that's evil?

I wouldn't expect you to understand something considered sacred. But i did have a feeling you'd give your 2 cents once this topic began to pick up...
Back to top Go down

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:10 am

If someone takes Danzig seriously enough to consider him "evil", I think they're giving him too much credit. He's a cartoon character...a rather talented one...but a cartoon nonetheless. He wants to be a cross between Elvis and Wolverine, that's just so "evil".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:43 am

detuned wrote:
If someone takes Danzig seriously enough to consider him "evil", I think they're giving him too much credit. He's a cartoon character...a rather talented one...but a cartoon nonetheless. He wants to be a cross between Elvis and Wolverine, that's just so "evil".

I don't mean evil like Hitler or a killer but the messages he sends. It doesn't matter if it's a gimmick or not to minds that are impressionable like young kids. Whatever though i'm sure there are some that understand what i'm trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 8:53 am

Troublezone wrote:

I don't mean evil like Hitler or a killer but the messages he sends. It doesn't matter if it's a gimmick or not to minds that are impressionable like young kids. Whatever though i'm sure there are some that understand what i'm trying to say.

"Impressionable young kids" don't listen to Danzig anymore, if they ever did in the first place. His fan base these days is old guys like me and 40-something former Goth chicks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:59 am

I'm sure many here have seen this one before but it still makes me chuckle.

Here's Glenn talking about his book collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weNO9k1TXS0
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

"Impressionable young kids" don't listen to Danzig anymore, if they ever did in the first place. His fan base these days is old guys like me and 40-something former Goth chicks.
ahhhh.Im NOO were near old.I love danzig.I'm catholic and I don't mind danzig it's just music.Plus kids don't believe in god now adays much any way.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I doubt anyone has ever murdered their mother in the name of Danzig.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

QFT!I dont think any one has killed a baby or raped any one
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

ahhhh.Im NOO were near old.I love danzig.I'm catholic and I don't mind danzig it's just music.Plus kids don't believe in god now adays much any way.

Danzig himself was raised as Catholic and says he has no problems with religion and that him and his parents get along well. It's all just a gimick nothing else.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 7:38 am

Schbopo wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Danzig - Page 4 82702
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 8:11 am

Have no use for this band, in fact when they opened for Sabbath in 92 I came late so I didn't have to listen to that garbage! sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 8:53 am

candlemass wrote:
Have no use for this band, in fact when they opened for Sabbath in 92 I came late so I didn't have to listen to that garbage! sick

But, how do you really feel about them? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 2:12 pm

I actually like Samhain the most out of all the stuff he's done. His comic company is a joke though.

Some kid told me his high school football team used to sit naked in the dark and sing "mother" before every football game. I think that sums Glenn up quite nicely.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:50 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Am I Evil? wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Danzig himself was raised as Catholic and says he has no problems with religion and that him and his parents get along well. It's all just a gimick nothing else.
Catholic people always rock.
Back to top Go down

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Virginia wrote:

Some kid told me his high school football team used to sit naked in the dark and sing "mother" before every football game. I think that sums Glenn up quite nicely.

Laughing very hard

That's awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:17 am

Since we're discussing Glenn & his evil powers, I'll share this little nugget of info.

My first exposure to the band Danzig was a cassette tape of their debut album. It was given to me by a guy I went to college with. One dark and stormy night, he was driving home, listening to this tape and got into an accident. Nothing major, just swerved offf the road or something. I don't remember the specifics. Anyway, he gave me the tape, saying it was evil and caused him to have the accident and he didn't want it near him again. I gladly accepted it. True story.

16+ years later and as far as I can tell, I have thus far been immune to it's evil powers.

Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Since we're discussing Glenn & his evil powers, I'll share this little nugget of info.

My first exposure to the band Danzig was a cassette tape of their debut album. It was given to me by a guy I went to college with. One dark and stormy night, he was driving home, listening to this tape and got into an accident. Nothing major, just swerved offf the road or something. I don't remember the specifics. Anyway, he gave me the tape, saying it was evil and caused him to have the accident and he didn't want it near him again. I gladly accepted it. True story.

16+ years later and as far as I can tell, I have thus far been immune to it's evil powers.
Satin much?that is funny.music doesn't do anything really.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Satin much?that is funny.music doesn't do anything really.

I think at the time, he was dating (eventually marrying, then divorcing) a girl who was very, very religious, which may in turn, had something to do with his suddden aversion to dark/evil music. I still have contact with him, through e-mails mostly. He's a pretty good guy that introduced me to lots and lots of new music & artists in my college days. So I'll always be grateful for that.

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Always hated Danzig...he sounds like a Vegas Elvis impersonator singing Rock...more comical than scary.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:53 pm

With all this Danzig discussion, I went digging around at our old friend Wikipedia and saw this little bit o'trivia...

James Hetfield, singer and guitarist of Metallica, sang the background vocals[citation needed] on "Twist of Cain" and "Possession", although was uncredited for contractual reasons.

Never heard that one before. Anyone know that to be factual or is someone making this up?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
With all this Danzig discussion, I went digging around at our old friend Wikipedia and saw this little bit o'trivia...

James Hetfield, singer and guitarist of Metallica, sang the background vocals[citation needed] on "Twist of Cain" and "Possession", although was uncredited for contractual reasons.

Never heard that one before. Anyone know that to be factual or is someone making this up?

I didn't know that about the song "Possession", but he definitely is on background vocals for "Twist of Cain". James has always gone with the uncredited direction. He was also uncredited for "Man or Ash" on Corrosion of Conformity's "Wise Blood".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danzig - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danzig
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next