Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danzig

Go down 
+26
Schbopo
Am I Evil?
MetalFRO
SlaytanicPOWER
darkwulf
Leatherface
Addy
skullsmasher
Selvmord
manny
akeldama
DeathCult
7thSecond
arttieTHE1manparty
Lurideath
rattpoison
AchrisK
powermacho
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Stender
mc666
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Danzig - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:47 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
With all this Danzig discussion, I went digging around at our old friend Wikipedia and saw this little bit o'trivia...

James Hetfield, singer and guitarist of Metallica, sang the background vocals[citation needed] on "Twist of Cain" and "Possession", although was uncredited for contractual reasons.

Never heard that one before. Anyone know that to be factual or is someone making this up?

I didn't know that about the song "Possession", but he definitely is on background vocals for "Twist of Cain". James has always gone with the uncredited direction. He was also uncredited for "Man or Ash" on Corrosion of Conformity's "Wise Blood".

Yea, the CoC playing I knew about. I remember reading that in an old issue of RIP or Circus or one of those rags from back in the day.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Danzig - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
With all this Danzig discussion, I went digging around at our old friend Wikipedia and saw this little bit o'trivia...

James Hetfield, singer and guitarist of Metallica, sang the background vocals[citation needed] on "Twist of Cain" and "Possession", although was uncredited for contractual reasons.

Never heard that one before. Anyone know that to be factual or is someone making this up?

I didn't know that about the song "Possession", but he definitely is on background vocals for "Twist of Cain". James has always gone with the uncredited direction. He was also uncredited for "Man or Ash" on Corrosion of Conformity's "Wise Blood".

Yea, the CoC playing I knew about. I remember reading that in an old issue of RIP or Circus or one of those rags from back in the day.

I'm a Metallica fanboy, but I've found it so funny, how James was such a hypocrite when it came to showing up on someone's album. Jason got James wrath for showing up on Sepultura's "Against" album (playing on the song Hatred Aside). I suppose it has to do with being uncredited, versus that of receiving credit for showing up on the album.

Hell, Lars played on King Diamonds "In the Shadow" album (Return of the Vampire). I don't remember him receiving all the crap that Jason received.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Danzig - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:34 pm

I still like his first two albums but after that I lose interest.

As far as his evil image, I'm reminded of Alice Cooper saying (paraphrased) that if you want to find Satan, don't look on heavy metal stages because most of that is just kids playing Halloween all year round Smile
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

Danzig - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Cause lars own metallica.James couldn't do smurf poo
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Danzig - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Been on a Danzig kick lately. He's supposed to come out with a new one in September.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Danzig - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:48 am

Here's samples of the new album.

http://www.amazon.com/Deth-Red-Sabaoth/dp/B003RGY34S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danzig - Page 5 Empty