Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danzig

Go down 
+26
Schbopo
Am I Evil?
MetalFRO
SlaytanicPOWER
darkwulf
Leatherface
Addy
skullsmasher
Selvmord
manny
akeldama
DeathCult
7thSecond
arttieTHE1manparty
Lurideath
rattpoison
AchrisK
powermacho
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Stender
mc666
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Ok for those wanting to here this Rose fella here ya go...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68970731

Listen to "Pain". Sorry, he's purposefully trying to rip off Danzig. No bones about it.

Over my computer speakers, it reminds me of Trog's work (which is a good thing) with a Danzig clone on vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Wow!! That's downright scary. Are you sure he wasn't fronting a Danzig tribute band or something?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 6:14 pm

I have Healing and Into The Unknown but I haven't listened for a while, need to do so. Randy does have a Danzig quality to his voice but I don't remember the music being so but again, it's been over a year since I listened to any.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:01 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I have Healing and Into The Unknown but I haven't listened for a while, need to do so. Randy does have a Danzig quality to his voice but I don't remember the music being so but again, it's been over a year since I listened to any.

The Danzig clone-age wasn't quite as blatant on Randy's subsequent albums but on that debut (SACRIFICIUM) it's really obvious. HEALING shows some influence from Trouble and the Cult (and it's a damn good record) and INTO THE UNKNOWN kinda has an Alice In Chains vibe (to me anyway)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Danzig - Page 3 Danza

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:44 pm

lmao Whos the boss of your soul?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:13 am

I was never a huge fan of his vocal style (I don't like Elvis either), but that debut record was fantastic, John Christ is the primary reason for that (and a very nimble rhythm section). I bought Lucifuge when it came out, there are some tracks I liked but I felt it wasn't nearly as successful as the first. The last one I bought was How The Gods Kill, that one was a little better...but I still prefer the debut.

I saw them twice. The first was on the Lucifuge tour (with Warrior Soul and Soundgarden opening up), the second was on the first Ozzfest tour when he had Tommy Victor playing guitar for him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:38 am

detuned wrote:

I saw them twice. The first was on the Lucifuge tour (with Warrior Soul and Soundgarden opening up)

Ohhh my GAWD that must've been a hell of a lineup!! (color me jealous)

Back to top Go down

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

I saw them twice. The first was on the Lucifuge tour (with Warrior Soul and Soundgarden opening up)

Ohhh my GAWD that must've been a hell of a lineup!! (color me jealous)

That was the concert that turned me into a Soundgarden fan, I went out and bought Louder Than Love the next day.
Back to top Go down
darkwulf
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:08 pm

i liked in the misfits and he was ok in samhain but i was never a huge fan of his solo stuff
Back to top Go down

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:49 am

Quote :
The Danzig
clone-age wasn't quite as blatant on Randy's subsequent albums but on
that debut (SACRIFICIUM) it's really obvious.

So I acquired this Sacrificium album from an unnamed source over the weekend and I gotta say this Randy Rose cat is a hack. He so ripped off Danzig on this album. Vocally and musically. Plus he didn't do it well. Here's just a sample for you....

Randy Rose - "I Was Alive": http://www.supload.com/listen?s=ww2YuO

Danzig's "Her Black Wings": http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ilJ1DdeCsZU

Nah. There's no intellectual property being stolen in that song. It's completely coincidental. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:01 pm

Bump....
Last time this thread popped up we were talkin' about Danzig clones, I recently got a promo copy of a Swedish band called "Devil's Whorehouse" who are also heavy on the Misfits/Danzig/Samhain influence (well, hell, they're named after a Misfits song, so what'd you expect, eh?). The album is called BLOOD & ASHES and the singer does indeed sound a bit like the young and angry Glenn. Apparently one of the band members used to be in the black metal band Marduk, and they started out as a Misfits/Danzig cover band before starting to write originals. Anyway, it's pretty neat stuff, check'em out if you're so inclined:

http://www.myspace.com/truedevils

Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:25 am

Interesting indeed, although their vocals doesn't have quite the skill that Danzig possesses. Some of their tracks are kinda neat.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:09 pm

what are y'alls opinions on this subject?

Link = Glens danzig getting into a fight backstage

Last edited by SlaytanicPOWER on Thu May 21, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:11 pm

I think Glen was talking smack and paid the price. Meanwhile, the rest of the world (myself included) has SOMEHOW moved on with our lives.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Agreed, I brought it up b/c this is the Danzig thread.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:23 pm

That smackdown vid is an oldie but a goody. Looks to me like Glenn boy had it coming.

After that incident, that guy's band (Northside Kings) was selling t-shirts on their website with a picture of the Danzig skull with a bloody nose. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Northside Kings sound kinda like Metalcore/Tough-guy hardcore w/ hip hop influence.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:38 am

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
Northside Kings sound kinda like Metalcore/Tough-guy hardcore w/ hip hop influence.

They sound like they kind of suck.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:38 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
The Danzig
clone-age wasn't quite as blatant on Randy's subsequent albums but on
that debut (SACRIFICIUM) it's really obvious.

So I acquired this Sacrificium album from an unnamed source over the weekend and I gotta say this Randy Rose cat is a hack. He so ripped off Danzig on this album. Vocally and musically. Plus he didn't do it well. Here's just a sample for you....

Randy Rose - "I Was Alive": http://www.supload.com/listen?s=ww2YuO

Danzig's "Her Black Wings": http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ilJ1DdeCsZU

Nah. There's no intellectual property being stolen in that song. It's completely coincidental. Rolling Eyes

Randy Rose isn't a hack, he just aped Danzig far too much on his debut. It's a decent record, but I'm not sure why everyone is so in love with it. Personally, I find "Healing" and "Into the Unknown" to be FAR superior to the debut in nearly every aspect. Then again, I've never been a Danzig fan. I mean, "Mother" is okay and all, but the whole "look how evil I can be" thing is super-lame and kind of turned me off from the get-go. But Randy Rose is a really talented guy, he just directed his talents a bit too far in Danzig's direction on that record. You should hear his songwriting & vocal contributions to Mad At The World. Despite some of his early vocal work for MATW still aping Danzig too much, you can hear he's got his own thing going on. GREAT stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Quote :
the whole "look how evil I can be" thing is super-lame

He's never been "evil" or tried to be. Being into "dark" subjects or imagery doesn't mean someone thinks they are evil. If Danzig has a major fault it is that he thinks more of himself than he should. I find someone blatently ripping off another's style for profit much more of a negative than someone being original with a dark image.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:35 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

He's never been "evil" or tried to be. Being into "dark" subjects or imagery doesn't mean someone thinks they are evil. If Danzig has a major fault it is that he thinks more of himself than he should. I find someone blatently ripping off another's style for profit much more of a negative than someone being original with a dark image.

I disagree spec, Danzig goes out of his way to represent evil. Look at his lyrics and his songtitles. It's way more than being into a "dark subject". Alice in Chains fits more into the Dark Subject catagory, Danzig goes beyond that imo. Whether he ultimately does it for shock or not, in his mind the idea of evil is cool. That being said i admit that i enjoy his music for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:48 pm

I love him.More with misfits though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I disagree spec, Danzig goes out of his way to represent evil. Look at his lyrics and his songtitles. It's way more than being into a "dark subject". Alice in Chains fits more into the Dark Subject catagory, Danzig goes beyond that imo. Whether he ultimately does it for shock or not, in his mind the idea of evil is cool. That being said i admit that i enjoy his music for the most part.

I have to go with Spec on this one TZ, maybe some of the album imaginary is more on demonic imagery, but lyrically I look him more in goth mind set than I love Satan. Dark subjects not as realistic as Alice In Chains but more in the fantasy and goth mold.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Quote :
Randy Rose isn't a hack

Um... yeah, he is. He's a talented one, mind you, and I enjoy his stuff, but he's still a hack.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danzig - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danzig
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next