Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone here fans of Danzig?

Go down 
+14
Leatherface
Gilbert
Nico
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Wurthless
adrian
Witchfinder
arachnoplasma
tohostudios
TheGreatDuck
mc666
Eyesore
fingers
18 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

anyone here fans of Danzig? Empty
PostSubject: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Been getting into them recently their first albums are gold. Glenn danzig is like the evil twin brother Elvis Presley never had. Also ultmetal how come you don't own any Danzig? I thought you'd be a fan. Also did Danzig release any decent albums after the first two.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Never heard of them. What do they play?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:47 pm

fingers wrote:
Also ultmetal how come you don't own any Danzig?
there is only room for one short, muscly, long haired, metal singer at his house.

TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:49 pm

fingers wrote:
Been getting into them recently their first albums are gold. Glenn danzig is like the evil twin brother Elvis Presley never had. Also ultmetal how come you don't own any Danzig? I thought you'd be a fan. Also did Danzig release any decent albums after the first two.
I often wondered about that as well. As for the albums, haven't listened to any of them so far, but I usually hear the first 4 were the best.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:51 pm

I don't like Danzig much but I like his work as lead singer in The Misfits.

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Never heard of them. What do they play?

You are kidding?
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 8:03 pm

I was a big fan in my teens. I prefer the Misfits and Samhain, but I still listen to some Danzig once in a while. First four albums are all pretty solid, with the fourth (4p) probably being my favorite after the debut.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 8:48 pm

The first 4 are great with 2 being the best. Everything after that is meh.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Never really been much of a fan
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:33 pm

Like some others have said, their first four with the original lineup are the best. After that they've been pretty bad IMO.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:38 pm

The first three are the best. Especially the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:44 pm

I love the 3rd one the most, a great doom metal album! Danzig is not really doom but I personally get a doom vibe from How The Gods Kill.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Danzig's vocals sound like a cross between Elvis and Jim Morrison. And the music is very Sabbath inspired.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 pm

I only own the first album, but it's pretty good. You might call it overrated, but I never get tired of "Mother"! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:30 am

I am just familiar with one song, cantspeak, which does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 4:01 am

I really like the first three records but, after How the Gods Kill I kind of lost interest in them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:18 am

I dig the first three Danzig albums. I've had several others in the past but eventually traded'em off cuz I never listened to 'em

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:21 am

I too am a fan of the first 4 albums. After that, he started experimenting with an electronic/industrial sound like Nine Inch Nails which I didn't care for. Combined with losing the original band members was enough for me and I lost interest. The last Danzig release I purchased was the box set he put out a few years ago. I found it dirt-cheap in a used shop and nabbed it out of curiosity. Pretty good too. There is some really good unreleased material on there.

I understand he's come back around in more recent albums to the blues-based rock sound of his earlier material, but I have not heard it. I see his stuff in the used sections quite a bit, but never bothered to check it out.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 am

I dig evil Elvis' first four and the last one was pretty good too. Oh yeah, the guy is a douche. Just had to make note of that.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The first 4 are great with 2 being the best. Everything after that is meh.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone here fans of Danzig?   anyone here fans of Danzig? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone here fans of Danzig?
Page 1 of 1