Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danzig

Go down 
+10
ThrashedOutCobra33
Smindas
DeathCult
Troublezone
Selvmord
TrogDawn
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
mc666
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Is there anyone who likes Danzig? The band by the ex Misfits vocalist and leader Gleen Danzig? I really like them, all albums, but my favourite is "Lucifuge".... I thinks I'ts a great Hard-Rock, Bluesy and Dark Metal that sometimes remember me Black Sabbath! Recently Danzig release "The Lost tracks" a bootleg with singles and rare songs, I like this too Very Happy

Who likes them and this carismatic singer??? 🤘
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:02 pm

I like Danzig a good deal. Got a couple of albums, and I'm a big fan of his comic book label. Plus, his old Misfits stuff was great.

Now, Glenn Danzig HIMSELF on the other hand.....well, that depends on what particular mood he's in. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Never heard of him.
Back to top Go down

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah, Misfits punk infected metal especcialy on "Earth A.D." (this album sound Thrash at times) are very great band! The Danzig era was the best, but i like the Graves & Dr. Chud too ("American Psycho" and "Famous Monsters")!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:31 pm

my wife and i both are huge Danzig & Samhain fans. the Misfits came from my hometown, so i have always loved them.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:34 pm

Aside from Glenn's Misfits stuff (which is Godhead of course), I have always liked the first three Danzig albums (the debut being my most favorite). I kinda lost track of Glenn for a while after that, though I recently picked up a used copy of 777: I LUCIFERI and that one was pretty cool, though not really on par with the early Danzig stuff. I have missed quite a few CDs in between though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:54 pm

I like Danzig's first few albums, but when he started to dabble in the NIN/industrial sound on blackaciddevil and lost the other original band members, I kinda lost interest. I haven't heard anything from him in years. I'd like to pick up that "Lost Tracks" set someday though.

His work with the Misfits is classic. I haven't heard much of Samhain, but the one cd I own is prettty cool (although the name of it escapes me at the moment).
Back to top Go down

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:58 pm

I personally liked blackaciddevil . But that was the point in my life that I was drinking bottles of vodka at a time and blacking out randomly, so my opinion could have been skewed. Smile
Back to top Go down

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:08 pm

In fact "Blackacidevil" is his worst yet, however as I am a big fan of his talented and Jim Morrison inspired voice I found a couple a songs that i liked on that album:P
Thankfully with "I Luciferi" and "Circle of Snakes" he' s back in the right heavy way! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:13 pm

JerryOnly wrote:
In fact "Blackacidevil" is his worst yet, however as I am a big fan of his talented and Jim Morrison inspired voice I found a couple a songs that i liked on that album:P
Thankfully with "I Luciferi" and "Circle of Snakes" he' s back in the right heavy way! 🤘

I've been told that Glenn has gone back-to-basics, but I haven't heard anything from him in some time. Speaking of Danzig, does anyone know what became of former guitarist John Christ? He put out a pretty decent solo album a few years ago (Flesh Caffeine), then dropped out of site.
Back to top Go down

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:24 pm

I've been told that Glenn has gone back-to-basics, but I haven't heard anything from him in some time. Speaking of Danzig, does anyone know what became of former guitarist John Christ? He put out a pretty decent solo album a few years ago (Flesh Caffeine), then dropped out of site.[/quote]

I dunno about Chirst, however bassist Eerie Von has public a solist album with Mike Morance "Uneasy Listening".... I liked this too Razz
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:49 pm

I love the first, self-titled one from 1988 and I like about half each of Lucifuge and How the Gods Kill.

His sound on the first three albums is my favorite of his solo career. I don't care too much for the direction he took later. Neutral

I love the MISFITS and SAMHAIN too. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Speaking of Danzig, does anyone know what became of former guitarist John Christ? He put out a pretty decent solo album a few years ago (Flesh Caffeine), then dropped out of site.

Last I heard, he was in Hollywood writing music for adult films. Seriously.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Speaking of Danzig, does anyone know what became of former guitarist John Christ? He put out a pretty decent solo album a few years ago (Flesh Caffeine), then dropped out of site.

Wow. Nice work if you can get it. Him and Eddie Van Halen should write something together.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:23 pm

I like everything he has done except Blackaciddevil. God that was horrible! Circle of Snakes is surprisingly good, and I really liked 6:66 Satan's Child
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
JerryOnly wrote:

I've been told that Glenn has gone back-to-basics, but I haven't heard anything from him in some time. Speaking of Danzig, does anyone know what became of former guitarist John Christ? He put out a pretty decent solo album a few years ago (Flesh Caffeine), then dropped out of site.

I was wondering the same thing about John and i have that solo disc as well. Great player!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
JerryOnly wrote:

I was wondering the same thing about John and i have that solo disc as well. Great player!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You mean like Eddie Van Halen did?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You mean like Eddie Van Halen did?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Man i keep posting the same time someone else is and the computer double posts my message.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 12:52 am

TrogDawn wrote:
I love the first, self-titled one from 1988 and I like about half each of Lucifuge and How the Gods Kill.

His sound on the first three albums is my favorite of his solo career. I don't care too much for the direction he took later. Neutral

I love the MISFITS and SAMHAIN too. What a Face

🤘 Me too. Samhain happens to be my personal favorite out of what he's done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 4:55 am

I'm mainly familiar with the debut album, which I like a lot. I've heard bits and pieces from the subsequent two and they seem like decent albums as well. I'll pick them up at some point.

Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:28 am

Danzig is an amazing singer and muscian but he can be an assh*le
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 7:37 am

Yes, i like DANZIG too but not everything. I have a love hate relationship with his music. Like him in MISFITS too but i like MISFITS without him too and SAMHAIN was greattttttttttt. Horror/shock soundtrack type punk/dark metal.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Danzig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig   Danzig Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 12:47 pm

I personally odn't like the Misfits without him at all. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

Danzig Empty