Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - The Formation of Damnation

Go down 
+28
ghost
sam
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Troublezone
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Selvmord
SideShowDisaSter
Sword Of The Heretic
Todd Jaymz
UltraMagnus007
powermacho
Invader
zombiewalkin
7thSecond
Rex
mc666
Thrasher73
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Vordul
MetalGuy71
nevermore
DallasBlack
INVADERS
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:35 am

Hot Topic sells cds?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:42 am

Yup, usually a small selection from the last time I was in one.....which was several years ago.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:43 am

Some locations sell about 7 (the one where I live) and some have dozens or even hundreds of titles - many of which are suprisingly good. A good mix of nu, metal-core, thrash, death, black, powermetal (both Euro and Trad/American), goth, symphonic, punk, hardcore, even some classic metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:46 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Some locations sell about 7 (the one where I live) and some have dozens or even hundreds of titles - many of which are suprisingly good. A good mix of nu, metal-core, thrash, death, black, powermetal (both Euro and Trad/American), goth, symphonic, punk, hardcore, even some classic metal.

I was not aware of this either. The last time I went into a Hot Topic store at the mall, I felt like an old man. All the kids working there looked at me like I was either a creepy old perv or a dad looking for his kid.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:05 am

Well, I felt the same way, what with the sideways looks from the staff, but was wearing my sleeveless Into The Pit tee so I guess that gave me a little cache? Little turds with their girl pants! Ha! It is like a different world in there. I just walk right past the thongs and tongue studs straight to the cds, and try not to make eye contact with the little natives. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:44 pm

I've listened to this twice now. This is exactly how I like my Thrash!!

This is so good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:36 pm

Every time I hear it I love it more, Testament are back and I couldn't be any happier.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:56 am

Wow! The reviews on Metal-Archives for this CD are BRUTAL!!! Why the heck do people expect bands to re-record old albums and sounds? The reviews are ridiculous, "Not as good as before." Yet I'd be willing to bet if they had recorded an album that sounded exactly like "The New Order/Practice What You Preach" these hordes would still criticize them for sounding "stale". Seems some band's just cannot win with the metal fans.

Someone complained that this was not thrash metal. Ok, so what! It's still metal. It has riffs, it has hooks, it has solos, it's metal! Why does everything have to fit into a certain formula, one in which Testament really hasn't fit in since 1992's "The Ritual".

AND my rant is done...for now!

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Huh? That's funny that people are coming down on it. I think it sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:01 pm

I think it's heavy power metal with thrash tendencies and it's great!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wow! The reviews on Metal-Archives for this CD are BRUTAL!!! Why the heck do people expect bands to re-record old albums and sounds? The reviews are ridiculous, "Not as good as before." Yet I'd be willing to bet if they had recorded an album that sounded exactly like "The New Order/Practice What You Preach" these hordes would still criticize them for sounding "stale". Seems some band's just cannot win with the metal fans.

Someone complained that this was not thrash metal. Ok, so what! It's still metal. It has riffs, it has hooks, it has solos, it's metal! Why does everything have to fit into a certain formula, one in which Testament really hasn't fit in since 1992's "The Ritual".

AND my rant is done...for now!
same happened with Slayer. everyone panned Diablous & GHUA as to modern. then when they shot back with Christ Illusion, everyone whined about how they were just copying themselves. silly.

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Metal Archives is complete crap. It's a great site for info, but it shouldn't be interactive. Has anyone ever checked out the forum? Man, if you want to walk away with no hope for the future of humanity, visit the forum. It's like Blabbermouth x 10.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:11 pm

I like the review section and the fact that they have links. Didn't know there was a forum.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:38 pm

This album rules!! If this is not thrash, then I don't wanna know what is!! Testament should be in a category ABOVE the so-called big 4!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:42 pm

Sounds like thrash to me.Great album.I know its hard to let go of the nostalgia of the earlier albums but this a great Hit from one of Thrash metals finest.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:29 pm

It's Thrash!!! Anyone that disagrees doesn't know jack.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:57 am

Some people will just never be happy. I think it's a great album. If I had a request about anything, I would say that I would have liked to hear an old-school instrumental on there. They've done some nice one's in the past and it would have been nice to hear Alex go off a little bit. But that's a very, very minor complaint.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:24 am

Well I completely dig this album and it shall be added to my arsenal soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:45 am

I heard a few tunes from this one today (title track and a couple others), have to say that the music sounded KILLER but the cookie monster vocals on the title track pretty much ruined it for me. If there's alot of that style of singing on this album I won't be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 am

Put this on yesterday after maybe over a month of not touching it, and it still sounds real good to me. I wouldn't say that Chuck's vocals are cookie monster at all. They fit perfectly with the music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:57 am

detuned wrote:
I heard a few tunes from this one today (title track and a couple others), have to say that the music sounded KILLER but the cookie monster vocals on the title track pretty much ruined it for me. If there's alot of that style of singing on this album I won't be picking this one up.

It's kinda like the way it is on the Low album a mix of clean and growl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:00 am

Guess I wasn't prepared for it, the last Testament album I heard was The Ritual. I'll see if I can find some more samples to listen to, cause damn the music really sounded killer.

I've just never been a fan of the growling death vocal thing, it bugs the crap out of me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:08 am

detuned wrote:
Guess I wasn't prepared for it, the last Testament album I heard was The Ritual. I'll see if I can find some more samples to listen to, cause damn the music really sounded killer.

I've just never been a fan of the growling death vocal thing, it bugs the crap out of me.

Alot of it is natural heavy vocals like Max Cavalera but Chuck Billy style.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:51 am

detuned wrote:

he does it less on this album than i would have prefered. he has a great death drowl.

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:30 am

This album hasn't grabbed me like I hoped it would. That makes me sad. Sad
I can't put my finger on it either, it just doesn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - The Formation of Damnation
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next