Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - The Formation of Damnation

Go down 
+28
ghost
sam
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Troublezone
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Selvmord
SideShowDisaSter
Sword Of The Heretic
Todd Jaymz
UltraMagnus007
powermacho
Invader
zombiewalkin
7thSecond
Rex
mc666
Thrasher73
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Vordul
MetalGuy71
nevermore
DallasBlack
INVADERS
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:54 pm

Bump...this album is getting a re-release. Meh.

Quote :
"The Formation of Damnation" will be reissued just in time for this amazing tour with SLAYER and MEGADETH with a bonus CD that contains live renditions of the classics "The New Order", "Practice What You Preach" and "Souls Of Black". The tracks will also feature enhanced video clips recorded in Alcatraz for their MTV special "52/52" campaign feature as well as the music video for "More Than Meets The Eye". This special album re-release with bonus material will be in stores on February 23. TESTAMENT will have the tour reissue available on all of the dates of the upcoming "American Carnage" tour prior to it hitting stores.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 2:54 pm

This album has really grown on me.

Some awesome riffs here. I don't like the first couple of tracks or the production. And I still think the name of the album is stupid. But there are about 7 really good tracks here.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Great record. Interesting bonus stuff, but I'm not spending on that.

But if you don't already own it... what are you waiting for?!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 9:55 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
This album has really grown on me.

Some awesome riffs here.  I don't like the first couple of tracks or the production.  And I still think the name of the album is stupid.  But there are about 7 really good tracks here.

I've always wondered how many albums there have been, where I disliked them at first, but then did a total 180? I've always really liked "Formation of Damnation" and I really enjoy the first two tunes on the album. "More Than Meets the Eye" would be the type of song that I would suggest to someone, who decided to listen to thrash music for the first time. It holds it own, as it pertains to its aggressiveness, but has enough hooks in it, where if there was a Top 40 for thrash music, it would find a place on that list. I also like the fact that "Zetro" has multiple writing credits on this album. I thought James Murphy and Glen Alvelais did a very good job of filling the position left by Skolnick, but I think Skolnick's return gave the band some credibility outside of the genre. How many people who never heard of Skolnick outside of Trans Siberian Orchestra, but then gave them a listen after finding out he was the lead guitarist for a thrash band? The number might be small, but I still think it helps the band having Alex in the band, as it's a good marketing device, AND it allows Alex to explore his other creative side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - The Formation of Damnation
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6