Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - The Formation of Damnation

Go down 
+28
ghost
sam
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Troublezone
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Selvmord
SideShowDisaSter
Sword Of The Heretic
Todd Jaymz
UltraMagnus007
powermacho
Invader
zombiewalkin
7thSecond
Rex
mc666
Thrasher73
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Vordul
MetalGuy71
nevermore
DallasBlack
INVADERS
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
FYE bites. Even their "sale" prices suck. I'm surprised they're still in business.

Dunno if this is a common occurrence at other FYE stores, by the way, but I dont' even have the patience to look thru the used CDs at the one near me cuz they're all just lumped in a big bin in no order whatsoever. Who's got time to root thru hundreds and hundreds of CDs that aren't even alphabetized, for cryin' out loud??

The one I go to seems to switch things around every few months. Sometimes all the used cd's are mixed in with everything else, then 6 months later I go in and all the used cd's are in their own special section at the back of the store. The FYE I go to is the retail hub of all the other FYE's in the area, so they get everything passed down to them when other stores are clearing their shelves. It's sort of like the "Last Chance for Sale" before they use 'em for skeet shooting practice. I've found some real gems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:34 pm

Newbury Comics didn't have the digibook, so I doubt the likes of FYE will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The one I go to seems to switch things around every few months. Sometimes all the used cd's are mixed in with everything else, then 6 months later I go in and all the used cd's are in their own special section at the back of the store.
Newbury Comics does this exact same thing! It drives me frickin' mad!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:50 pm

i think the album is awesome
the only song i don;t really care for is Dangers of the Faithless - still an ok song though, i;ve heard alot worse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Quote :
FYE bites. Even their "sale" prices suck. I'm surprised they're still in business.

When you consider you pay for shipping when ordering on the net, the prices are about the same. Plus, I can find what I want there, if it comes out that day, they usually have it. No other stores around me can say the same thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 4:38 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
When you consider you pay for shipping when ordering on the net, the prices are about the same. Plus, I can find what I want there, if it comes out that day, they usually have it. No other stores around me can say the same thing.
Hey, you gotta roll with what you got, right? I love Newbury Comics, but I sort of hate shopping there. They don't have new CDs priced at $19.99, but a lot of the non-mainstream metal is about $15.99 per disc. That sucks. But aside from the used shops, that's what I've got around here.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:34 am

Best Buy has lost it when it comes to metal these days. It is rare to get anything good from there that isn't real mainstream (unless ordering online). I've never seen an FYI so that is out of the question. My place to get metal is Virgin Megastore because they have the largest metal selection of any CD store I've ever seen. I will be going there Wed. to see if they have this album and if not I'll just wait and get something else. Virgin is about 15-20 minutes away and I usually spend over an hour browsing their awesome selection so I only go there about once a month and always with more than $50 because I can never leave empty handed. If the CD I want is not there then I invest some time in looking for something else. If the digipak version is anywhere in the DFW area, it will be there. If not there is this used CD store (CD Universe) that special orders stuff and they might even have it, the owner usually pulls through with things like that (they had the special editon of Doomsday For The Deciever once and even the new Death Angel CD when it first came out).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:12 am

When the hell has Best Buy ever been about stocking things that weren't mainstream?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
When the hell has Best Buy ever been about stocking things that weren't mainstream?
BestBuy is a mainstream store, therefore that's all they're gonna carry.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:34 am

Eyesore wrote:

In the mid-late 90's you could find albums from many metal bands that you don't find there anymore: Anathema, Death, Candlemass, Stratovarius, Cathedral, Cancer, Amorphis, Carcass, and others. Sure they didn't have the largest metal selection but it was much larger than it is today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:37 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

In the mid-late 90's you could find albums from many metal bands that you don't find there anymore: Anathema, Death, Candlemass, Stratovarius, Cathedral, Cancer, Amorphis, Carcass, and others. Sure they didn't have the largest metal selection but it was much larger than it is today.

Maybe in your town.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:59 am

It was the same way here to Dallas. I used to find lots of good stuff at Best Buy, but its gone way downhill lately.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:12 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yea, I know I purchased a Cathedal album there once. But their stock of metal is dwindling, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:18 pm

I had no trouble getting the new Testament at my local Best Buy yesterday. They did not have the new Def Leppard though. I was expecting the opposite.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:58 pm

What's this thread about again? tired

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:03 pm

kmorg wrote:

The importance and influence of Dime-Bag Darrell. Duh.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:27 pm

kmorg wrote:

the solo that had you bangin forever
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:37 pm

I love the new album! To me it is a return to old school thrash with Skolnick ripping it up.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:47 pm

Good to see ya around Zombie.Drop by more often.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Got mine now, but no digipak. On sale for 14.99 @ Virgin Metastore, so I figured what the hay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:15 pm

I got the limited edition with DVD yesterday. Love the album and I think it's been worth the wait ( I knew that beforehand). However not quite as great as The Gathering for me yet, but that may change. Gathering was one of my favourite albums of the 90's so it may be too much of a stretch that this one would top it. I am glad that Skolnick is back though and his playing is better than ever, it seems his jazz exercises has only benefitted his playing, he's catchier and more memorable than ever with his phrasing and melodies. Nice to hear som actual lead work of note in Testament again - that was the ONLY thing that Gathering lacked for me.

I haven't got around to the DVD yet.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:37 pm

Bought the limited edition yesterday. Great album, one of their best albums in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:39 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Good to see ya around Zombie.Drop by more often.

Thanks! Im trying to get over here more.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:45 pm

Great album and definatly better than the last two IMO. To be fair Demonic and The Gathering came out when I was absolutly burned out on death metal and the vocals made the albums hard for me to get into. This album happens to bridge the gap between those two and the older material and I like what I hear. I will need to give it some more spins but it will definatly be in my top list for this year.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Virgin recos is one of the best stores to get new albums. I have seen sacred warrior,rob rock, tourniquet, mortification, stryper, extol.

But there is other store on Manhatan New York, in which they have underground thrash metal stuff. They like to carry evrything that is Thrash metal. You see plenty of rarities out there, even rare LP'S. But they also have rare booklets on cd's and dvd's.

To get Testament, I think the only place to have for sure has to be Virgin Records
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - The Formation of Damnation
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next