Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - The Formation of Damnation

Go down 
+28
ghost
sam
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Troublezone
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Selvmord
SideShowDisaSter
Sword Of The Heretic
Todd Jaymz
UltraMagnus007
powermacho
Invader
zombiewalkin
7thSecond
Rex
mc666
Thrasher73
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Vordul
MetalGuy71
nevermore
DallasBlack
INVADERS
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:58 am

Good solid album but for me there are no stand out tracks yet. Only listened to it once so far but my initial reaction was hat it was a good solid consistant album.

Bit of a let down to be honest as my anticiaption of this album led me to believe it was gonna blow me away which it never did. Still some of my favourite albums have taken time to grow on me so maybe this will be the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:21 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
...my anticiaption of this album led me to believe it was gonna blow me away...
That's the problem. You set yourself up for disappointment. Albums rarely live up to expectations.

That's why I always expect an album to suck ass. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Two thumbs up from me! Like the fact there are much less really low end vocals on this one. I do like all vocal styles but it was cool to see Chuck doing more mid era Testament vocals.-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:06 pm

None of the stores, including FYE, or the local record store had it.lame
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
None of the stores, including FYE, or the local record store had it.lame

Join the club. Here in Memphis it SUCKS as far as what stores stock. I usually have to order new releases online...

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Dude, you're not too far from me. I'm in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.

I figured that Memphis, as big as a city it is, would have decent music stores that catered to metal fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:39 pm

There is one independent store near me and they often ask me now what new metal is coming out so they can stock a couple of them. They have Zero Hour and Warbringer specifically because I ordered them.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Definately no stand out tracks. I loved Testament back in the day, and I thought The Gathering was brilliant. Of course, I like The Ritual too, so what do I know?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:51 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
There is one independent store near me and they often ask me now what new metal is coming out so they can stock a couple of them. They have Zero Hour and Warbringer specifically because I ordered them.

Lets all bow before your greatness :hails:

Razz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:53 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
Two thumbs up from me! Like the fact there are much less really low end vocals on this one. I do like all vocal styles but it was cool to see Chuck doing more mid era Testament vocals.-TJ

I'ts a shame he can't do any higher vocals like in the earlier albums, but as I read in an interview with him, he lost that range years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:51 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
Dude, you're not too far from me. I'm in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.

I figured that Memphis, as big as a city it is, would have decent music stores that catered to metal fans.

Dang dude, your almost straight down the street! lol!

Nah man, Memphis totally blows in regards to finding metal. I occasionally luck up and find a CD or two here or there. There just aren't many used stores in town, the chain stores don't stock most metal releases (FYE does, but they are just to dang expensive!), and forget about a decent concert here...

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:35 pm

I was a little disappointed that there were no ballads on this one. Other then that it's a pretty killer album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:26 am

I'm really liking the new one. Testament kinda lost me for a few years (Low thru The Gathering era), but this seems to be a nice combo of their earlier melodic material mixed wih some harsher vocals in places and some really good speed. I think having Alex Skolnik (sp?) back makes a big difference too.

Now for something more superficial. Anyone else notice how big Chuck Billy has gotten? He's always been a tall drink o' water, but I saw a recent interview and he's really packed on some pounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:08 pm

He is known as the man mountain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Big dood.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:37 pm

yeah, the guys pretty huge like. wouldn't like to take a punch in the face from the guy lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:13 pm

INVADERS wrote:
yeah, the guys pretty huge like. wouldn't like to take a punch in the face from the guy lol

There aren't many people I would like to take a punch in the face from and certainly Chuck isn't one of them.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm really liking the new one. Testament kinda lost me for a few years (Low thru The Gathering era), but this seems to be a nice combo of their earlier melodic material mixed wih some harsher vocals in places and some really good speed. I think having Alex Skolnik (sp?) back makes a big difference too.

Now for something more superficial. Anyone else notice how big Chuck Billy has gotten? He's always been a tall drink o' water, but I saw a recent interview and he's really packed on some pounds.

I definatly noticed that. He looks like he could eat me alive.
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Todd Jaymz wrote:

I'ts a shame he can't do any higher vocals like in the earlier albums, but as I read in an interview with him, he lost that range years ago.

Didn't Chuck have some throat issues a few years back? Cancer or something? Or am I thinking of Blitz from Overkill?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Chuck had cancer near his heart, Blitz had a stroke.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:10 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Chuck had cancer near his heart, Blitz had a stroke.

Ok, so I was in the right ball park, just in the wrong cheering section. Wow, a stroke for Blitz! And he still performs! Good for him. I thought strokes really mess up speech patterns. I guess they effect everyone differently.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

He's native Amercian. Or partly anyway. The older a native American gets, the larger they get. Typically at least. I'm sure the cancer he battled didn't help either....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:31 am

I'm really enjoying the heck outta this one. There is something so familiar-sounding about this, yet it doesn't sound dated or old. It's nice that they kinda went back to their roots on this one instead of trying to re-invent the wheel. They know what they do and they do it well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Wow, a stroke for Blitz! And he still performs! Good for him. I thought strokes really mess up speech patterns. I guess they effect everyone differently.

I read an interview with Blitz a while back where he talked about his stroke -- he sez he has no major side effects, just "that occasionally I p*ss my pants and forget who I am, but at least now I have an excuse." Haha.

Seriously tho, Blitz is a very lucky man. Not only did he have a stroke (while onstage!) and come out of it OK, but he's also survived a battle with cancer, as did Chuck Billy. If they ever elect a Cal Ripken Jr. style "Ironman" of the heavy metal world, I nominate Blitz.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:02 am

Got mine at Hot Topic. Go figure?! don\'t know butt dance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - The Formation of Damnation
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next