Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opeth-Damnation

Go down 
+7
GrandNational
shamgar75
mc666
ultmetal
Rex
MetalRob331
DallasBlack
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:44 am

Even though this album is not really metal, since Opeth is a metal band I figured I'd put it here (feel free to move this to the rock section if necessary)

As much as I love the death metal hybrid music of Opeth, I think this album is one of their most shinning moments. The music is beautiful, haunting, and infectious and is the perfect music to just space out to. Opeth is one of the most unique and talented metal bands out there and this album proved that they are much more than death with progressive interludes. Mikael Ã…kerfeldt has proven to be a musical genius as well as an awesome vocalist. Any other fans of this progressive rock masterpiece?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:32 am

I love the albums music, its killer material. I love opeths mellow melodic haunting side. These are all killer songs and Windowpane is probably my fav
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:46 am

Me likey. Some of the photography is neat-o too. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 10:42 am

For the longest time I was on an Opeth kick and was listening to 'em and buying up all their albums. I saw them on Gigantour and they were underwhelming, probably due to the fact that they were stuck between Arch Enemy and Overkill. I haven't really listened to them much since.

Still, I like this band. Just haven't given them a spin in a while.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:08 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
I love the albums music, its killer material. I love opeths mellow melodic haunting side. These are all killer songs and Windowpane is probably my fav

Windowpane is one of my favs. as well as Death Whispered A Lullabye, In My Time Of Need, and MY most favortie: To Rid The Disease.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:09 am

this album was a swing & a miss with me. it's just not heavy enough. that isn't a big issue with some bands for me, but it is with Opeth. dunno why.

shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Need to listen to this again. I was on a long Opeth kick (courtesy of Ult's reivews) and really enjoyed Blackwater Park and Deliverance...then Damnation came out. It was good, but I wanted to hear the heavier Opeth stuff at the time. A whole mellow Opeth album was not appealing to me then, but now I must give it the time it deserves. Opeth rules - excellent music!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:30 am

Rexorcist wrote:
Me likey. Some of the photography is neat-o too. Smile

I wonder why Rexorcist? Laughing Good job on the artwork. That album came out 2 months prior to me graduating college, so it always takes me back to those times right before that part of my life ended. Memories.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:45 am

DallasBlack

you should check out

Novembre

Dark Suns

exquistie stuff matey!!!!!!!!!! listening to music
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:39 am

🇬🇹

i love this album even my mum listens to it! i like to listen to it when i am in bed late at night becuase it is amazingly haunting music

i am still on my big opeth kick from years ago but i suspect that Ult is write in that they would be underwhelming on that tour due to the slot
Back to top Go down

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:43 pm

I finally heard this album last night (I've never listened to Opeth previously), I really enjoyed it. It's not a metal album, but a superbly crafted progressive rock album. I'm not sure if I'll get any of the earlier releases because the death metal vocal thing is just not my bag, but this particular release will probably get quite a few plays.

Question. Their more recent albums, is there more clean or growl vocals? The band is so talented I'd like to explore further.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
For the longest time I was on an Opeth kick and was listening to 'em and buying up all their albums. I saw them on Gigantour and they were underwhelming, probably due to the fact that they were stuck between Arch Enemy and Overkill. I haven't really listened to them much since.

Still, I like this band. Just haven't given them a spin in a while.

Hey, I'll take those albums if you don't want 'em. Laughing

And this Opeth cd is a really good one.
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:12 pm

This is my second favorite after My Arms, Your Hearse. Very talented bunch of musicians these guys are, no doubt. The instrumental track Ending Credits deserves special mention for me, with that killer drumming performance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opeth-Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opeth-Damnation   Opeth-Damnation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opeth-Damnation
Page 1 of 1