Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dreams of Damnation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Dreams of Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Dreams of Damnation   Dreams of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:01 am

Jim Durkin original Dark Angel guitarist's latest band. They have actually been around since 1992 but went on hiatus til 2000. I met the Bassist/singer at a record shop back in 2000 before their e.p. was released and checked out their songs on his truck stereo in demo form. They have a female singer like Arch Enemy but with a more primitive aggression in their sound and tons of signiture Durkin riffs.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=30478403
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Damnation   Dreams of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:30 am

I tried to like this. Too modern for my old ears, but its good to see Jim Durkin still out there doing music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Damnation   Dreams of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:50 am

Quote :
but its good to see Jim Durkin still out there doing music

He's the only reason i even listened.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Damnation   Dreams of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 am

I love Dreams of Damnation! "Epic Tales of Vengeance" is an awesome album. Jim Durkin is one of those guitarists that just seems to come up with amazing riffs without even trying. humble 🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Damnation   Dreams of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:25 pm

TH Joe wrote:
I love Dreams of Damnation! "Epic Tales of Vengeance" is an awesome album. Jim Durkin is one of those guitarists that just seems to come up with amazing riffs without even trying. humble 🤘

He just did some solos for my friends band Army of Darkness. Their first cd is coming out soon.

Ex-Dark Angel Guitarist Jim Durkin Guests On Army Of Darkness' Album

posted Dec 22, 2008 at 1:49 PM by deathbringer.

Southern California thrash metal band ARMY OF DARKNESS has tapped current DREAMS OF DAMNATION/EX-DARK ANGEL guitarist Jim Durkin to lay down guest guitar solos for their upcoming debut album, "Forever Undead." The album will be self-released through the band’s MySpace site in Summer, 2009.
States ARMY OF DARKNESS drummer/founding member Derin Argon:
“We had just parted ways with our second guitarist and we had already booked studio time to start recording. We really wanted get our album out, so I talked to Jim about playing guest lead guitar on it, and he was totally into it. I first met him 9 or 10 years ago. Of course, Jim’s a great player, an awesome dude, and a great friend. He was one of my biggest heroes growing up, and his music is a huge influence and inspiration on the style and sound of our band. It was a lot of fun and an honor to have him play on our CD.”
“We are currently looking for a new permanent lead guitarist. Anyone interested can contact us via our MySpace page or can send YouTube links and MP3s to Kaotickreature@yahoo.com.”
ARMY OF DARKNESS will be opening the Bakersfield Dome show on the upcoming 2009 SOILWORK, DARKANE, WARBRINGER, and SWALLOW THE SUN tour and the San Marcos show on the 2009 tour with DESTRUCTION, KRISIUN, and MANTIC RITUAL.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Damnation   Dreams of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:28 pm

I am not familiar with Dark Angel anyone care to make any recommendations what album or albums I should watch out for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Damnation   Dreams of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:29 pm

manny wrote:
I am not familiar with Dark Angel anyone care to make any recommendations what album or albums I should watch out for?

Leave Scars, Time Does Not Heal, Darkness Descends.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Damnation   Dreams of Damnation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:35 pm

manny wrote:

(Time Does Not Heal) is a good place to start because it's heavy and melodic but the other stuff before it is more speedy like Slayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Damnation   Dreams of Damnation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams of Damnation
Page 1 of 1