Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - The Formation of Damnation

Go down 
+28
ghost
sam
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Troublezone
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Selvmord
SideShowDisaSter
Sword Of The Heretic
Todd Jaymz
UltraMagnus007
powermacho
Invader
zombiewalkin
7thSecond
Rex
mc666
Thrasher73
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Vordul
MetalGuy71
nevermore
DallasBlack
INVADERS
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:32 am

I still haven't heard this album...but I have yet to not like a TESTAMENT album...the closest I came to not liking one was Demonic...but even it grew on me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:31 am

Killer album and they were killer at the Masters of Metal (although the setlist was WAY too short-of course they were the opening band, so I understand).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:59 am

Saw Testament last night and they absolutely annihilated! If t-shirts weren't $45 I would have had one! They played two songs from the new CD and they sounded as good as the old stuff IMO. Alex Skolnick was on-fire, although he looks like a skunk with that grey streak running through his hair.

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
Saw Testament last night and they absolutely annihilated! If t-shirts weren't $45 I would have had one! They played two songs from the new CD and they sounded as good as the old stuff IMO. Alex Skolnick was on-fire, although he looks like a skunk with that grey streak running through his hair.

$45 for a shirt? SHEESH...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:04 am

detuned wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Ouch. I paid $40 for an Iron Maiden shirt back in June, my wife wanted to kill me when she found out how much I paid for it too!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:18 am

The only way I'm paying $45 for a t-shirt is if it comes with a free lap dance from a gorgeous girl not wearing a t-shirt.
just kidding
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:24 am

detuned wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

They were $35 where I was at (I got 4).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 am

detuned wrote:
The only way I'm paying $45 for a t-shirt is if it comes with a free lap dance from a gorgeous girl not wearing a t-shirt.
just kidding

lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:05 am

ultmetal wrote:

He's always had that grey streak. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:56 pm

troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

He saw Cthuhlu and his hair turned grey overnight.

Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 506406
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:05 pm

detuned wrote:
troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

He saw Cthuhlu and his hair turned grey overnight.

Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 506406

I thought the grey streak was from the first time his mutant abilities manifested themselves and he accidentally stole someone's powers and memories by touching them.

No, wait, that was how "Rogue" from the X-Men got the gray streak in her hair. Never mind.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:07 pm

detuned wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

That's because the venue & the headliners get a cut of merch on big tours like that...when I saw Motley Crue/King's X, KX shirts were $26 (1994)...when KX played alone in a club a week later, the same shirt was $18...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:26 pm

scratch

I'm still on the fence about this one. I have their Rhino comp and it was decent, but I don't usually venture into thrash outside of Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
scratch

I'm still on the fence about this one. I have their Rhino comp and it was decent, but I don't usually venture into thrash outside of Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth...

I'd be happy to give you a shove. BUY THIS ALBUM!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Yeah, you need to add Testament to that list.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:32 pm

This album is very good. I say that to myself every time I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:34 am

Metallica should be taking note of bands like Testament.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 am

yeah but how long has it been since metallica been a thrash band....25 years!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:49 am

Listened to this last night....KICK ASS record!!!! TESTAMENT never disappoints!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:13 am

TheGooch wrote:
yeah but how long has it been since metallica been a thrash band....25 years!

They're a thrash band every night that the play the old songs at the concerts. They are obviously trying to recapture some of that past sound and no it's been 20 years since Justice (thrash).
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Formation of Damnation   Testament - The Formation of Damnation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:16 pm

🤘