Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:29 pm

I saw Warrior Soul on two seperate ocasions opening for Queensryche. The first show they had PA trouble and Kory got pissed off. He actually yelled from the stage for someone to punch the soundman in his fat gut. The next time, they came out late and played only a few tunes, but were on it.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:52 am

I will have to pick up that live record, but man did they leave some top shelf stuff off the set list...

Where the hell is John Ricco?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Hey FF, you can breathe.

I finally uploaded my WS collection to my Zune. Smile

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Dsc02078

It's a bit hard to see, but it's there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:39 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Hey FF, you can breathe.

I finally uploaded my WS collection to my Zune. Smile

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Dsc02078

It's a bit hard to see, but it's there.

Well geez, it's ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:08 pm

So I've been listening to Chill Pill today.

Wow, this is better than I remember. I haven't listened to it since the late 90s. Which is a helluva long time.

Cargoes of Doom? Song in Your Mind? Shock Um Down? What a triple threat that is. The whole album is good, except maybe Let Me Go.

I know this is their Geffen obligation record, but it kicks serious patootie. The production is just as good as Salutations and its close to being that good.

Don't overlook this one!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:20 am

Does Kory Clarke ever sleep? I just saw this item on Blabbermouth about a new band he's involved in (as a drummer, not vocalist)... checked out the tunes via their MySpace and it sounds pretty bad-ass!! Rattpoison, if you're reading this, take a listen to 'em... they sound like they'd be up yer alley...

WARRIOR SOUL's KORY CLARKE Is One Of THE STONED - Apr. 3, 2008

Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL and Scotty T. Dimebagger — collectively known as The Gutter Twins — created THE STONED! The group's new four-song EP captures the '70s monstrosity of rock sound with tracks like the motor madness of "Nobody Rides For Free", the piledriver "Drunk Drivers From Space", the political powerball "Racing Air Force One" and the rehab-busting ode to sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, "Vegas Honeymoon".
In 2006, THE STONED exploded straight out of 1972 and into 1973. THE STONED are here for nothing less than to reclaim true rock music from the poseurs, the imposters and the imposers and restore it to its rightful place at the very pinnacle of sweet sound itself. Flaccid riffs will not be allowed. Tepid solos will never be tolerated. Caustic choruses will henceforth be sneered at. Only the finest, the heaviest, the most soul-shaking rock music will THE STONED unleash upon the world. Dispensing '70s power rock forged in the fiery cauldrons of Detroit and New York and tempered on the anvils of British steel, THE STONED continue the musical tradition of THE STOOGES, MC5, NEW YORK DOLLS, FREE, HUMBLE PIE, FACES and the almighty RAMONES. For THE STONED doth rock, verily it is true, and what THE STONED hath rocked let no one cast asunder. Or to put it more simply, once you have been rocked by THE STONED, you stay rocked.
THE STONED was melded together by Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL who serves as drummer and producer. Scotty T. Dimebagger is the lead singer extraordinaire and chief troublemaker. On guitar is Adam Dubin, director of some of the most massive music videos of all time, including BEASTIE BOYS' "Fight For Your Right To Party" and METALLICA's "Nothing Else Matters". And holding down the basic bass, the lowest lows is the Latin lover Sebastian Correa. Some bands measure their music in decibels. Mere decibels are inadequate for THE STONED. THE STONED measure their metal might on the Richter Scale. For when The Lords of Rock created THE STONED they looked down upon it and, lo, they judged it good.
For more information, visit: http://www.myspace.com/thestonedrock

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Does Kory Clarke ever sleep?

Cocaine's a helluva drug.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:24 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Does Kory Clarke ever sleep?

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

I thought he was "Trippin' On Ecstasy" Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I thought he was "Trippin' On Ecstasy" Laughing

That was like 18 years ago. Ecstasy IS a gateway drug. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 4:32 pm

The 4-song EP by The Stoned is available from CDBaby... but dammit, it's out of stock right now!!! angry I already put myself on the "waiting list" for it.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/thestoned

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:42 am

The Stoned sound great, Vegas Honeymoon sounds like a heavy metal Faces which is to say it sounds like Humble Pie which is to say it rocks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:23 am

spectrefate wrote:
So I've been listening to Chill Pill today.

Wow, this is better than I remember. I haven't listened to it since the late 90s. Which is a helluva long time.

Cargoes of Doom? Song in Your Mind? Shock Um Down? What a triple threat that is. The whole album is good, except maybe Let Me Go.

I know this is their Geffen obligation record, but it kicks serious patootie. The production is just as good as Salutations and its close to being that good.

Don't overlook this one!

I will be listening to CHILL PILL later today. Brought it along for its first spin in quite awhile.

I think it's an OK album, but not even in the same ballpark as SALUTATIONS.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:25 am

I think I got a hard on for Kory Clarke that day or something, because it's nowhere as good as Salutations, but it IS good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:28 am

spectrefate wrote:
I think I got a hard on for Kory Clarke that day or something

He *IS* a damn good lookin' man. Laughing

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:30 am

Well you sperm cells.....I've got Ghetto Nation coming from SwapaCD so I'm putting my trust in you's guys.

By The Way Spectre - love that Avatar!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:31 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Well you sperm cells.....I've got Ghetto Nation coming from SwapaCD so I'm putting my trust in you's guys.

Awesome! I am sure you will dig! Your assignment once it arrives is to post a 500 word essay about it here in the thread. Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:33 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I don't care who's team she plays for, Joan Jett is a cutie. I love her music too. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:33 am

Oh, I'll be talking about it!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:34 am

Quote :
I don't care who's team she plays for, Joan Jett is a cutie. I love her music too. Smile

No doubt!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:34 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

If you don't like that one, sm, then you probably won't like any of them....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 am

spectrefate wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Joan rules. 🤘 Where's a Joan Jett Thread?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 am

spectrefate wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

If you don't like that one, sm, then you probably won't like any of them....

If you don't like that one, SM, then Spec and I will no longer speak to you. Smile

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:45 am

Really??? cheers Jackpot!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:54 am

You should recognize one song on Salutations Scott...

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:56 am

I'm actually fairly confident in this one. I'm listening to Babylon A.D. right now based on (mostly) Toho's advice and most of my recent "sleaze" and "hair" pick-ups have been based on the advice of the cool people of this place. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next