Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Should have known FF would get WS threadstarted, bring on the Metal Church thread!!!

Always have LOVED Warrior Soul!!! From the second I saw the video for"We Cry Out" could not get enough. Bought each and every record the day they came out. Hell I bought Drugs, God and The New Republic twice just so I could get the VHS tape of the videos and such that came with the CD!!!
Favorite song (s)... could never pick! Too many great ones. Of note Punk and Belligerent, 4 More Years (not a song but still kick ass), The Wasteland, Love Destruction, JUmp For Joy, Rocket 88...
For all the "fanboys" search out Kory's solo CD Opium Hotel, what a trip. Ifanyone has an extra copy of The Space Age PB's live in London PM me!! That and Opium Hotel are my Kory missing links.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Hey Martinsane!! Welcome to the Warrior Soul club!!

I never knew that "drugs, god..." came with a VHS video! That's too damn cool! I know MY copy didn't!! (grumble, grumble)...

Martinsane was the guy who hooked me up with Kory's "Dirty Rig" CD in a trade awhile back, by the way... hails!!

I have yet to lay eyes on either the SAP's "Live In London" or Kory's "Opium Hotel" CDs...but I'm always lookin for'em...

Spec, did you check out Dirty Rig yet?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Yeah I listened to Dirty Rig. I liked it. Its no WS but I liked it better than the Space Age Playboys album. That only had a couple of good songs on it, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:23 am

I'm listening to "Drugs, God and the New Republic" right now. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:26 am

I always forget to put these albums on my Zune.

I just did a little search and I hadn't realized that former drummer Mark Evans was strangled and burned to death in London in 2005. That's a bit upsetting.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:28 am

spectrefate wrote:
I always forget to put these albums on my Zune.

I just did a little search and I hadn't realized that former drummer Mark Evans was strangled and burned to death in London in 2005. That's a bit upsetting.

Yea, I remember reading about that on Blabbermouth when it happened. Disturbing stuff. Apparently they found his burned body in a dumpster.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:33 am

Here's the Blabbermouth article about Mark Evans:

Former WARRIOR SOUL Drummer MARK EVANS Murdered In London - Jan. 31, 2005

According to BBC News, two men and a woman from Essex have been charged with the murder of former WARRIOR SOUL drummer Mark Evans (photo), whose burnt body was found in a wheelie bin in an east London car park last week.
Evans, 48, from Dagenham, was strangled and transported in a wheelie bin to Electric Parade, Ilford.

Anthony Aldis, 38, of Goodmayes, Steven Fullerton, 28, of Gants Hill, and Leanne Terry, 26, of Seven Kings, have all been charged with his murder.

All three were scheduled to appear at Waltham Forest magistrates court on Saturday (Jan. 29).
They also face charges of perverting the course of justice.

A member of the public discovered the burning body on Wednesday morning (Jan. 26) after finding his garden fence on fire.

Mark Evans appeared on the following WARRIOR SOUL albums: "Drugs, God and the New Republic" (1991), "Salutations from the Ghetto Nation" (1992) and "Chill Pill" (1993).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:35 am

"Wheelie Bin". Those darn Brits and their cute little terms. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:36 am

spectrefate wrote:
"Wheelie Bin". Those darn Brits and their cute little terms. Smile

Yea, and since this was Blabbermouth, the entire comments section was full of people asking "What the f**k is a wheelie bin?"

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:20 am

I remember going to Camelot Music with my brother and a friend on Friday night to get new tunes. (It was like a Friday evening ritual.)
That particular evening I bought Last Decade Dead Century. We popped it in the cassette deck and the 3 of us were blown away. It was so awesome that we played that tape over and over and over. Thi is one criminally overlooked band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:36 pm

"I AM THE CHILD OF THE NEW GENERATION
A PSYCHOTIC PRODUCT OF TOTAL FRUSTRATION
LOST IN THE VOID OF THE SOCIAL SOUP
YESTERDAY'S PLAN WENT AWRY
I saw ya standing there cold... so I picked up on the usual topic
I FEEL THE PAIN OF A THOUSAND WARS
I got no problems man... I got no problems man...
I LIVE IN TV LAND!
I'M AN ELECTRONIC IMAGE...
BEAMIN' OUT TO YOU!"

🤘

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hey Martinsane!! Welcome to the Warrior Soul club!!

I never knew that "drugs, god..." came with a VHS video! That's too damn cool! I know MY copy didn't!! (grumble, grumble)...

Martinsane was the guy who hooked me up with Kory's "Dirty Rig" CD in a trade awhile back, by the way... hails!!

I have yet to lay eyes on either the SAP's "Live In London" or Kory's "Opium Hotel" CDs...but I'm always lookin for'em...

Spec, did you check out Dirty Rig yet?

Yeah the Vhs has the videos for The Wasteland, The Losers and Downtown + some interview footage. Like I said bought this CD twice just to get the VHS... The thing I did not care for about the video is the curse words are beeped in the videos, but not during the random interviews. Weird aint it??
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:21 pm

Gotta say, while I've heard of these guys, I never heard the music. I watched the video clips and they're pretty darn catchy. I like 'em. Maybe not quite as much as those moes Freddy & Spectre, but I like 'em enough that I may have to invest in a cd.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 2:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gotta say, while I've heard of these guys, I never heard the music. I watched the video clips and they're pretty darn catchy. I like 'em. Maybe not quite as much as those moes Freddy & Spectre, but I like 'em enough that I may have to invest in a cd.

Did someone say "Moes?"

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Moe The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Moethebartender9icThe Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Moeraisinghands

But seriously, MetalGuy, glad you liked what you heard. I would suggest starting your Warrior Soul excursion with either SALUTATIONS FROM THE GHETTO NATION or LAST DECADE DEAD CENTURY, but truthfully you can't go wrong with any of'em. (I personally would not recommend CHILL PILL as a starting point, however.)

All of the W.S. catalog got reissued by Escapi Music in '06 so they should be fairly easy to find.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 pm

I just found this video on YouTube for the song "I Wanna Get Some" off of the SPACE AGE PLAYBOYS album... imagine my surprise, I didn't even know they made any vids for that one... 🤘

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:51 pm

And just for the sheer hell of it, here's a vid of Kory's most recent band Dirty Rig (which he just left in order to reform Warrior Soul), for the song "Dogs"...not as cerebral as Warrior Soul but the 'tude is definitely still there...

Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:28 pm

Not to be an a@@, but wasn't there a forum created just for Rock? With this, the ROCK CITY ANGELS thread, the Aerosmith thread, the Kiss thread, the Thin Lizzy thread and others, there are a lot of rock threads turning up in the metal section. If you are not going to seperate, why bother having seperate forums.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:35 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
Not to be an a@@, but wasn't there a forum created just for Rock? With this, the ROCK CITY ANGELS thread, the Aerosmith thread, the Kiss thread, the Thin Lizzy thread and others, there are a lot of rock threads turning up in the metal section. If you are not going to seperate, why bother having seperate forums.

I'd say Warrior Soul is heavy metal, probably some of the most incendiary heavy metal ever. Actually puts alot of Thrash and Power Metal bands to shame. As for others its all hard rock/metal so there's a crossover between the rock and metal thread. But it doesn't really matter, it's really splitting hairs i think.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:14 am

Rock City Angels and KISS are both Metal in my book. Aerosmith and Thin Lizzy might be borderline, but I'm not offended to find them in the metal section. I think we need a separate section for Slipknot and Dimmu Borger if anything. That's not metal....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 am

romeolimagolf wrote:

The "Metal" forum was updated to include hard rock by kmorg. If Warrior Soul isn't metal then they definetely are hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 am

Quote :

You've either never heard Warrior Soul, or have never been in the pit at one of their shows. Warrior Soul is pretty damn METAL if you ask me!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 am

Here's to the losers...

Last Decade Dead Century is a good cd. It's the only one I own from their catolog. Never moved beyond that. What's a good recommendation for a WS purchase.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:17 am

EDDIE WEINBAUER wrote:
Here's to the losers...
What's a good recommendation for a WS purchase.

If you've already got LAST DECADE, you've already got one of their "must have" albums. The other (for me at least) would be SALUTATIONS FROM THE GHETTO NATION.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:19 am

I second that Salutations recommendation.

Never mind that Freddy and I are sole proprietors of DGC's back CD catalogue. Smile

Buy 4 or 5 copies.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:21 am

spectrefate wrote:
I second that Salutations recommendation.

Never mind that Freddy and I are sole proprietors of DGC's back CD catalogue. Smile

If I ever meet Kory Clarke I'm gonna tell him "I loved Warrior Soul, I have all your albums," and he's gonna say "So YOU'RE the guy who bought them! We thought you were just a LEGEND, man!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next