Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:41 am

Far out scenery, the year 2000
You like destruction, well let`s get started
The country`s broke, the kids retarded
Crime stained lovers, in cities rotted

Love my hatred, love my treason
It`s what you wanted and that`s my reason
Caught you livin` the empty feeling
A corporate handout to you is pleasing

You love destruction
You love destruction
You love destruction
You love, love, love, love, love, love

Love my hatred, love my treason
It`s what you wanted and that`s my reason
Caught you livin` the empty feeling
A corporate handout to you is pleasing

So what maggot, you rock star moron
You make me vomit, now pass the bourbon
I don`t take sh*t, I bow to no one
Don`t pledge allegiance to flags, I burn `em

You love destruction
You love destruction
You love destruction
You love destruction
You love destruction
You love destruction

Love destruction
Your love corrupt
Love destruction
Your love corrupt
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:46 pm

great band
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:10 pm

I loved everything but Chill Pill

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:14 pm

BTW, I have all the WS discs plus Space Age Playboys and Dirty Rig. Didn't think much of those last two bands.

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:31 am

Warrior Soul will release a live album recorded in the UK last year on April 14th through Cargo Records. To coincide with this the band will play a show at the Camden underworld on the same day. The band will play new material from their forthcoming studio album and will perform the classic " Last Decade Dead Century " album in its entirety. For more info check out www.warriorsoul.info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 2:45 pm

Johnny H wrote:
Warrior Soul will release a live album recorded in the UK last year on April 14th through Cargo Records. To coincide with this the band will play a show at the Camden underworld on the same day. The band will play new material from their forthcoming studio album and will perform the classic " Last Decade Dead Century " album in its entirety. For more info check out www.warriorsoul.info.

A new studio album? That should be pretty interesting. Of course I'll pick up both the studio and live albums.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm not a big one for live albums but for Warrior Soul I'd likely make an exception. I am very interested in new studio material, of course!!

Mmmm... just the idea of seeing them perform LAST DECADE in its entirety makes me go "gurgle gurgle" like Homer Simpson.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Am I the only person who though "Chill Pill" was good?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:47 pm

Shiney wrote:

The first I've seen.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:14 pm

Shiney wrote:

I like "Chill Pill" more now than when it was current. When it first came out I didn't dig it at all, but years later I understand the conditions it was created in and why they did it. It's still my least favorite WS disc though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:15 pm

Chill Pill is my least favorite, but it has my fav WS song, Cargoes of Doom on it. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:16 pm

I always consider Chill Pill to be Warrior Soul's "contractual obligation" album.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I always consider Chill Pill to be Warrior Soul's "contractual obligation" album.

More like a "middle finger to the record company" album. They made a weird, totally uncommercial record on purpose because they knew the label wouldn't push it anyway, since it was the last album on their contract, and since the label hadn't pushed the previous three either. They didn't want to do another "typical" Warrior Soul album and watch it go down the drain.

Very "punk rock" of them to cut their own throats like that, I must say.

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:08 am

Chill Pill has its moments but its more of a suicide disc.

Like Salutations was their crazy album and Chill Pill was like a sort of acceptance of defeat while sticking it to the man (David Geffen)!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:28 am

I'm dragging this thread up cuz I dusted off the LEPPARDMANIA: A TRIBUTE TO DEF LEPPARD CD for the first time in a while today (it's one of those el-cheapo "tribute" albums put out by Deadline/Cleopatra in the early 00s) and I had totally forgotten that Kory Clarke sings on a cover of the song "You Got Me Runnin'" on this album. He sounds AWFUL too. He must've been drunk as a skunk the day he laid down his track!!

I believe Kory also appeared on a Bon Jovi (!) tribute album put out on the same label around the same time period... don't know what track he sang on though. He must've needed the $ at the time...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:44 am

I remember hearing that "You Got Me Runnin'" cover. I remember liking it. But then I am partial to Mr. Clarke's style. Although I still haven't put any WS albums on my Zune. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 11:33 am

This thread must've re-awakened some Warrior Soul fans, because I've been out-bid 3 times now trying to get me some Warrior Soul. Thanks for that, you knobs.

By the way, the other night on that Talking Metal show, the "end jam session" featured among others, Kory Clark on vocals playing Paranoid. The music was fine, the vocals were, um, uhhh, unique.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 6:44 pm

I'd like to see him on a Joy Division tribute, cause that cover of Interzone is brilliant and almost as good as the original.

Being reduced to a cheapo Bon Jovi tribute album with all those 3rd tier 'metal years' losers that always get rung up for those things is sad.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 pm

Just saw this on Blabbermouth. Usually I tend to ignore or skip live albums but if this one has a new track on it then I will have to check it out...

WARRIOR SOUL will release a new live album on Monday, April 14 through Livewire/Cargo Records. Entitled "Live In England", the CD was recorded in London during the band's October 2007 tour.

"Live In England" features many of the classic songs from the "Last Decade Dead Century", "Drugs, God And The New Republic", "Salutations From The Ghetto Nation", "Space Age Playboys" and "Chill Pill" albums as well as a brand new song entitled "Bad News (Rock n' Roll Boyfriend)".

"Live In England" track listing:

01. Intro
02. Interzone
03. Love Destruction
04. No No No
05. The Drug
06. Shock um Down
07. Let's Get Wasted
08. The Losers
09. Punk and Belligerent
10. Bad News (Rock n' Roll Boyfriend)
11. Super Power Dreamland
12. Downtown
13. Wasteland

WARRIOR SOUL has scheduled the following dates:

April 13 - JB's, Dudley, England
April 14 - Camden Underworld, London, England
April 15 - Debaser, Stockholm, Sweden

The band's current lineup is as follows:

Kory Clarke - Vocals
Johnny H - Guitar
Rille Lundell - Guitar
Janne Jarvis - Bass
Rob "Stevo" Stephenson - Drums

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:31 pm

"Punk & Belligerent" live in Glasgow, October 07:

Yikes!! Let's hope the gig they recorded for the live album was better... cuz this clip is pretty awful!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:33 pm

Wasn't the Space Age Playboys live album recorded in London?

Apparently Mr. Clarke can't get a good gig here in the States.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Wasn't the Space Age Playboys live album recorded in London?

Apparently Mr. Clarke can't get a good gig here in the States.

Yea, it was. Kory's had a cult following in England ever since Warrior Soul did a run of dates opening for Metallica over there in the early 90s. (Now THAT would've been a freakin' show huh??)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:48 pm

I assume it was the Justice tour? If so, that would have been killer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I assume it was the Justice tour? If so, that would have been killer.

I think so. I believe it was during the LAST DECADE DEAD CENTURY era (1990)... were Metallica still pimping "Justice" at that time? I honestly don't remember.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Yeah they were. I saw Metallica with the Cult in 89 but that was in the States.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next