Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anyone suck?

Go down 
+49
stevegarveyfan
Schbopo
skullsmasher
metalmaniac122
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Sword Of The Heretic
XYZ
mez
sam
James B.
Muloc7253
the sentinel
Skysplitter
nevermore
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
Stender
White_Mage
Smindas
caniplaywithmadness?
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Shiney
Witchfinder
Vordul
TheGooch
rattpoison
sovdat
MoonChild
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
Tall Tyrion
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
krokus
T-Roy
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Required Fields
mr.electric39
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I've been praying for months and months for a couple of people dealing with cancer and I hate it. Cancer sucks! It seems to hit the nicest people sometimes.
I'll second this one. My grandmother has had cancer for a while now and it's been horrible for her and understandably difficult for my mum. The entire family went to visit my grandmother in hospital last week (she lives far away from us) and it was a moving experience. Just seeing her like that was heartbreaking, as was effectively saying goodbye forever. Cancer is a horrific disease because it offers its victims no solace... it just slowly dehibilitates them, leaving them to suffer for ages. That's no way to go.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:32 pm

My best friend, Erik (R.I.P.) had a sister who died of cancer and it pretty much scarred him for the rest of his life. His parents got divorced and his mom's boyfriend didn't want kids hanging around so it was just him, his sister, and his dad. His dad later married a b*tch who treated him like a tennant rather than a step-son and his dad was too spinless to do anything. When his sister died it devestated him greatly. Also my dad's step mom died of cancer twelve years ago. She was a good woman and the greatest cook I've ever known. So yeah, cancer sucks.

Back to the music, IMO Underoath sucks ever since They're Only Chasing Safety. My first introduction to them was Changing Of The Times and although they had emo in their music they weren't a carbon copy band, they had a strong death metal essence and decent black vocals, I like the album quite a bit. When they changed vocalists they turned from a unique black/emo/death band and became full on emo band. Gone was the black vocals replaced by annoying emo screams (also the clean vocals suck) and no more death essence that drew me to the band in the first place. Though I don't have the album the most recent one continues the same way TOCS did.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:15 pm

Oh and Rattpoison, you may not like the music, but if you think Criss Oliva sucked, you're just wrong.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:41 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Oh and Rattpoison, you may not like the music, but if you think Criss Oliva sucked, you're just wrong.

Kinda reminds me of a article in an old Creem magazine i read which said "if you don't like Van Halen you're wrong".

I'm not a fan of Savatage's music, but theres no doubting Criss Oliva had talent to burn and was probably a nice guy. If we really want to talk about what sucks its that Criss is tragically not around making music anymore (for me not to like).

By the way i'm a huge fan of George Thorogood and the Destroyers so i guess i like something! 1 or 2 annoying popular songs do not not maketh a band in my book.

I'm a huge fan of the Georgia Satellites but i can't stand 'Keep Your Hands To Yourself' it smacks of novelty and is annoying just like the Destroyers 'Bad To The Bone'. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:02 am

Quote :
I'm not a fan of Savatage's music, but theres no doubting Criss Oliva had talent to burn

Yep. Talent is talent.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:42 am

Bands that I think suck... where to begin. Poison, White Lion, Warrant (Well, anything thats glam!), Metallica, KISS (Biggest sellouts in the music industry, and besides, their music is horrible) Bon Jovi,... I could go on forever!.... I guess I made my point hehe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:54 am

Skysplitter wrote:
Bands that I think suck... where to begin. Poison,
White Lion, Warrant (Well, anything thats glam!), Metallica, KISS
(Biggest sellouts in the music industry, and besides, their music is
horrible) Bon Jovi,... I could go on forever!.... I guess I made my
point hehe.

Well, I agree with you on Kiss, BUT, I have to disagree with you on Metallica. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:56 am

Skysplitter wrote:
Bands that I think suck... where to begin. Poison, White Lion, Warrant (Well, anything thats glam!), Metallica, KISS (Biggest sellouts in the music industry, and besides, their music is horrible) Bon Jovi,... I could go on forever!.... I guess I made my point hehe.

...you think "Kill 'em All", "Ride the Lightning", "Master of Puppets", "...And Justice for all" and "the Black Album" suck..?
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:45 pm

I will admit, Kill em All was quite good, and I thought Cliff Burton was an extremely talented bassist, but IMO those were the only redeeming factors of the band. I just could never get into their stuff. And Nowadays I hate them even more, since their more mainstream then ever.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:50 pm

[quote="rattpoison"]
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

Kinda reminds me of a article in an old Creem magazine i read which said "if you don't like Van Halen you're wrong".

I'm not a fan of Savatage's music, but theres no doubting Criss Oliva had talent to burn and was probably a nice guy. If we really want to talk about what sucks its that Criss is tragically not around making music anymore (for me not to like).

Savatage is good, but fight for the rock sucks! I picked it up as a new release. It sucked so bad, it kept me from buying any Savatage for years!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Skysplitter wrote:
And Nowadays I hate them even more, since their more mainstream then ever.

That's it?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I might be running out of material, but my last list was sincere. Some of the crap that's going on in my life right now that sucks.

I've been praying for months and months for a couple of people dealing with cancer and I hate it. Cancer sucks! It seems to hit the nicest people sometimes. Some people smoke like a chimney their whole life and don't get cancer, while others who live a healthy lifestyle get their butt's kicked with the freakin' disease. It really ticks me off! CANCER SUCKS!!!

The freakin' electric company here, PNM screwed me this past week. My wife accidentally forgot to send in the payment last month. The envelope sat on the counter and no one really noticed it. They shut off my power without notice. We called them to clear up the mistake and pay the bill and they refused to turn the power back on until the next day. We froze our butts off that night. They also demanded, on top of the bill, an additional $120 deposit. (A deposit for what they could not tell me) and a $45 "reconnect fee". What a bunch of BS! $400 to get the power turned back on when we have been customers for over 20 years without a problem. Their customer service was RUDE as well. When I informed them that we had children in the house who would be without heat in the middle of winter, they didn't care. One customer service rep told us that "we have people with newborn infants in the house and we won't turn the power on the same day". Bunch of freakin' crap! PNM SUCKS!

T-Mobile are my current phone company. Have been with them for almost 10 years. When my contract is over, they can kiss my hairy butt goodbye. I'm going elsewhere. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! PNM wasn't half as band as T-Mobile. We caught them in several lies as well, which they take no responsibility for. T-MOBILE SUCKS!!!

However, despite my rant. I love life. Have a great wife and family. I just thought, since we are ranting about bands that suck, I would add in some other things that suck.

I'm with on on cancer - my Grandfather just finished up treatments for prostate cancer.

I guess I'm luck with T-Mobile, I don't have any issues, aside from the coverage not being as good as Verizon. I have both (work blackberry though tmobile, personal through verizon). Maybe I have no trouble since my company has a huge corporate account, but that would just go to shows how tmobile treats the "little guy" that doesn't have the big corporate account!

On cell service, Verizon sucks because of the telemarketing calls My wife and I get at dinner time to buy a new phone and sign up for another 2 year contract! (family plan)

OFCCP reglations on internet applicants suck!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Ugh, cancer really does suck. My grandmother passed away yesterday morning. At least she's no longer suffering.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Smindas wrote:
Ugh, cancer really does suck. My grandmother passed
away yesterday morning. At least she's no longer suffering.

Sorry to hear that Smindas. However, I agree that it is good she is no longer suffering and is in a better place.

ult

Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Sacrifice wrote:
Skysplitter wrote:

That's it?

No, I just think their overrated, and pretty much just plain suck.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Ugh, cancer really does suck. My grandmother passed
away yesterday morning. At least she's no longer suffering.

Sorry to hear that Smindas. However, I agree that it is good she is no longer suffering and is in a better place.

ult
Cheers Scott.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:54 pm

PORE SPELIGN SUKS!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Leaving Theater/Arts School And Then Going Back To Regular School

THAT F*CKING SUCKS THE MOST
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 11:13 pm

Skysplitter wrote:
Sacrifice wrote:
Skysplitter wrote:

That's it?

No, I just think their overrated, and pretty much just plain suck.

Well no, you don't JUST think they're overrated, you said they suck. So there is obviously some other reason. It's ok for other people to like the same music as you. It's ok for a band to be popular. Metallica just took a different route than everyone wanted. Live with it.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 10:30 pm

Well they do suck, and their overrated as well. Just because I hate them doesnt mean everyone else has to hate them to. This threads about bands that suck, SO, I just listed the bands I THOUGHT sucked. Its just my opinion, dont take it so seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:44 pm

The SAW movies those smurfing sucked!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:45 pm

Not to mention Europe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:45 pm

The band that is
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:46 pm

and the grammys suck!
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:48 pm

I've said it before and i'll say it again..................

LAETHORA suck immensely

sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone suck?
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next