Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anyone suck?

Go down 
+49
stevegarveyfan
Schbopo
skullsmasher
metalmaniac122
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Sword Of The Heretic
XYZ
mez
sam
James B.
Muloc7253
the sentinel
Skysplitter
nevermore
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
Stender
White_Mage
Smindas
caniplaywithmadness?
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Shiney
Witchfinder
Vordul
TheGooch
rattpoison
sovdat
MoonChild
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
Tall Tyrion
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
krokus
T-Roy
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Required Fields
mr.electric39
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Quote :
Hit Parades with colour people suck

???????????

Always good to know!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:20 pm

SoldierUC - Are you being serious? I thought I was the only hater! What a relief....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Nightwish suck. In fact most of that symphonic bullshit does. It couldn't be anymore formulaic. I think that most guys like them due to the fact that a rack is singing. She can't sing well.

I'm glad that is only your opinion. I don't find symphonic music formulaic in any way and the attractiveness of a woman means s*it if she can't sing (if your reffering to Tarja than you don't know squat about singing because she does it real well). I find it kind of insulting that you would imply that those of us who like bands like Nightwish like it only because we like the way the woman looks. Just because you don't like symphonic music doesn't make a band suck. I don't listen to anything formulaic or manufactured, these people have a deep love for movie scores and like to use it as an influence (being a fan of film scores I am with them on it). To each his own I say and if a band is genuinely talented even if I don't like the music I would never say they sucked. The only music I would say really sucks is the kind that IS manufactured and formulaic as in the Top 40 crap of today.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:28 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Nightwish suck. In fact most of that symphonic bullshit does. It couldn't be anymore formulaic. I think that most guys like them due to the fact that a rack is singing. She can't sing well.

I'm glad that is only your opinion.

I really don't think it's only MY opinion. But I respect your passion for a passionless sub genre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:45 pm

spectrefate wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I really don't think it's only MY opinion. But I respect your passion for a passionless sub genre.
lol!

Formulaic? Please tell me you don't like thrash, punk, hardcore, power metal, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:

lol!

Formulaic? Please tell me you don't like thrash, punk, hardcore, power metal, etc.

I don't like thrash, punk, hardcore, power metal, etc.

What's my prize? Smile

I exclusively listen to Kenny Loggins now. Smurf you, metalheads.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:37 pm

spectrefate wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Sure you're not the only one that is why I didn't emphasize the 'your'. And I am sorry but you are WRONG about the music being passionless. It's not like symphonic bands are selling gold and platnium albums or selling our arenas left and right. If they were then I might be inclined to agree with your assessment (i.e. even though I like it, I agree that Dragonforce lacks passion). If they had no passion for their music then I doubt they (Nightwish, Rhapsody, etc.) would have lasted as long as they have (over a decade is a good run if you ask me, especially w/o mainstream support). Passion is about how strongly you feel about something and the people that compose the music for these bands have that.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Here it comes - Guns N Roses, I have never been a fan and always thought they sucked. Axl Rose is way overrated.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Oh, ohhhh, I know. SAVIOUR MACHINE sucks! Can't stand that stuff and IT'S NOT METAL!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:20 pm

I know a band that actually does suck. Most listed above are just disliked by certain people or are has beens or whatever. But I watched the show "House" last night(the doctor show); and there was a case on there about a guy who made bad music on purpose just to get attention or something. I actually have an album that sounds pretty much like what this guy was doing on the show, Hendrix-like guitar feedback without the music. It's called The Caspar Brontzman Massaker (I think) "Koksofen". And just like on the show, he has a small group of fans that think he is a genius and they were the only ones who "got it". I don't get it thank goodness. Yuck.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Oh, ohhhh, I know. SAVIOUR MACHINE sucks! Can't stand that stuff and IT'S NOT METAL!

YES!!! I never understood the attraction.

Also, any growling, gunting, moaning, panting or regurgitating that gets passed off as "vocals" SUCKS!!!!! angry
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
In fact most of that symphonic bullshit [sucks].
Gotta agree with you there, but your comment about Ozzy era Sabbath couldn't be more wanked. insane

Fat Freddy wrote:
Manowar's last album SUCKED!!
Manowar has always sucked. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:51 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

YES!!! I never understood the attraction.

Yes it is not really metal (although, Legend III:I had quite a bit of a metal influence) but I am sorry they don't suck. Just like most of the bands here, it is a matter of prefference and should not be a reflection on whether the music is bad or not. Eric Clayton puts a lot of heart, body, and soul into his music and I can't abide by people trashing it just because they don't like it. The man has worked himself so hard over the years to complete his Legend project that he was forced to take a break before he literally died of exhaustion. That kind of dedication should be admired not put down.

Whoever started this thread (rhetorical question)? I don't believe that there is such thing as this board being too positive. There is enough negativity in the world without it having people create more. Yes, I know that if I don't like it I should skip this discussion but I am too stubborn to do that. Before I go any further let me just apologize if I get too offended, I respect your guys opinion but I will get riled up from time to time on this topic.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:59 pm

One of these new bands that has blown me away with their suckage: Behold... The Arctopus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Sleep

Dear God it's like living with my mom all over again.

Take a breath, DallasBlack. Everyone has differing opinions.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 pm

lol, I love thread!

Ozzy with his last two albums, Metallica after Black Album, Def Leppard after Hysteria, Manowar except for Kings of Metal, most of the Kiss albums, Guns N Roses for most of their songs, all nu metal and grunge.......

Can you dig it suckaa!

Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Booker1dvdyf8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:24 pm

All nu-metal and grunge? Pffft! Don't make me go all DallasBlack on yo' ass. I can dig people disliking certain bands, but blowing off whole genres is just idiocy, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:35 pm

I think this thread is sort of tongue-in-cheek. DB - relax bro....you're gonna blow a valve!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:00 pm

judas priest. i just never saw the big deal, and in fact the only versions of the so-called classic priest songs I like are with ripper (whom i love!)

and aerosmith too. i tried to like them years ago (around the time of get a grip), because of their reputation, but it just didn't work for me. i don't like the well known classics or the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:00 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I think this thread is sort of tongue-in-cheek. DB - relax bro....you're gonna blow a valve!

As I said, I appologize for my passion and will try to keep it in check. I am really not a disagreeable jerk, anybody who knows me (heck even those who have read my posts) knows that I love to get along. I try to keep some of my views to a minimum (that is why I've never started a political or religious thread here, though I have posted in some). I really do not appologize for how I feel on certain subjects, but on the same token I want to get along with everybody. Even though not everyone is going to like me, I want as many people to like me as possible because I can't stand it when someone doesn't (though not to the point of George Costanza).
Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:02 pm

Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:07 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
(i.e. even though I like it, I agree that Dragonforce lacks passion).

Ooh yea, there's another one.. DragonForce sucks too.

Thanks for the reminder, DB. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:11 pm

No way man! Dragonforce rule!!!

(Seriously!! 🤘 ) Twisted Evil

Saw them in Ft. Worth = awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
No way man! Dragonforce rule!!!

(Seriously!! 🤘 ) Twisted Evil

Saw them in Ft. Worth = awesome!!!!

Helloween's WALLS OF JERICHO played at 78 speed = DragonForce.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:

AMEN Brother !!!

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone suck?
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next