Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anyone suck?

Go down 
+49
stevegarveyfan
Schbopo
skullsmasher
metalmaniac122
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Sword Of The Heretic
XYZ
mez
sam
James B.
Muloc7253
the sentinel
Skysplitter
nevermore
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
Stender
White_Mage
Smindas
caniplaywithmadness?
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Shiney
Witchfinder
Vordul
TheGooch
rattpoison
sovdat
MoonChild
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
Tall Tyrion
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
krokus
T-Roy
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Required Fields
mr.electric39
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:19 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
No way man! Dragonforce rule!!!

(Seriously!! 🤘 ) Twisted Evil

Saw them in Ft. Worth = awesome!!!!
I just got Inhuman Rampage and I expected a lot of showmanship and no real quality, as far as songs go; but the album is killer! Tons of showmanship, of course, but they actually write great power metal tunes. It's not all show, no substance.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:20 pm

50 Cent, Snoop Dog, SUCK!!!!!!

Do they play any instruments???

Madonna Sucks!!!!! That is not singing......
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:53 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
Believer!!! Suck.....suck.....sucksucksuck.....SUCK!! SCUK! KUSC! SCKU!! USCK!! CSUK! All skill - all SUCK!

Yep, just bought 3 dics, and couldn't believe how bad that guy's voice is.

I have lost all respect for you two.Thats just crazy talk insane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:14 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
50 Cent, Snoop Dog, SUCK!!!!!!

Do they play any instruments???

Madonna Sucks!!!!! That is not singing......
Doggystyle is a classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:26 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
SoldierUC - Are you being serious? I thought I was the only hater! What a relief....

No, you're not the only one. The music is great, but his voice drives me mad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:48 pm

Hey DB - I started this thread, and if ya don't like it, don't post. Ya see, you are about the only one not having fun with it. So just chil-lax and roll with it. If we say your favorite music styles suck, that is our opinion. You don't have to defend anything. And for the record, Nightwish sucks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Quote :
Whoever started this thread (rhetorical question)?

Btw, I have been around this and the previous board for about 7 years. You don't know me, because we have nothing in common to discuss....until now.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:35 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
And for the record, Nightwish sucks!

I must agree. Nightwish bore the crap out of me. Sleep
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Stratovarius
Hammerfall
Poison
Motley Crue
99% of 80s glam / hair scene
99% of 90s / 00s so-called-power-metal scene
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Power Metal sucks, all those euro bands making safe pointless derivative music. Their all onto their 6 or 7th album now, just give it up or be creative. And what's so powerful about it anyway.

Progressive Metal sucks, whats so progressive about making the same music as those 20 years before you.

Female fronted Symphonic Metal sucks. The latest fad/trend in metal. AOR (Aor also suffers from alot of suckage) for the new millenium. Yuck!

Thrash Metal sucks, all those new bands create your own legacy. No one cares about your pefectly tailored jean jacket with all those obscure 4th tier bay area thrash band patches on it that you payed top dollar for on ebay. And its not like the original thing was any good.

Glam/Hair metal sucks. Motley Crue, Warrant, Poison, Ratt etc Yuck. And even worse than that is all the 5th tier bands like Shotgun Messiah, Roxx Gang, Tora Tora etc. I'm actually ashamed i know those bands.

Wanky shred metal guitarists suck, no one cares about how many scales you know or how fast you can play. Playing guitar is not a sport!

And in general the current state of metal pretty much sucks.

This is not a joke, everything i said i mean.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:58 pm

sovdat wrote:
Stratovarius
Hammerfall
Poison
Motley Crue
99% of 80s glam / hair scene
99% of 90s / 00s so-called-power-metal scene

Amen brother!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am

I take it back. Rattpoison really is 20.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:13 am

Eyesore wrote:

Of course, i'm part of the young 'blabbermouth generation'. I'm negative about most things. 0 ratings for all those crappy metal micro genres.

Lol i forgot to say Fall Out Boy is like the greatest eva!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:59 am

Eyesore wrote:

so if I'm 17, is that bad too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:15 am

Not big on a lot of hair metal like I used to be. The occassional Motley Crue is ok here or there but for the most... blah.

Really could care less about power metal post-Stratovarius' "Twilight Time" (1992)

Don't like symphonic, viking, folk, ambient or drone metal. Oh yeah and "brutal technical death metal" or any other ridiculously over-the-top style of metal like goregrind. I'm only into some early doom and black metal. For the most part though, they're genres I don't find much interest in. Gimme the classics, Witchfinder General, Candlemass, Saint Vitus, Trouble, Bathory, Tormentor, Marduk, Darkthrone, Venom, etc.

With the exception of Alice in Chains and Faith No More, I'm also not a fan of alternative metal (surprising, considering I love '80s alternative/indie rock). I just don't think the idea of the two mesh very well. I like my metal to be METAL. Nu-metal and metalcore is also crap -- but that should go without saying.

I'm also not too crazy on Queensryche. They're not bad but sometimes I feel they're a bit overpraised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:24 am

Doeas RattPoison like anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:33 am

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Of course, i'm part of the young 'blabbermouth generation'. I'm negative about most things. 0 ratings for all those crappy metal micro genres.

Well, I gotta be honest, that whole little tirade came off as rather ignorant and vapid for you.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
All nu-metal and grunge? Pffft! Don't make me go all DallasBlack on yo' ass. I can dig people disliking certain bands, but blowing off whole genres is just idiocy, if you ask me.

In that case, buddy, I would prefer to remain an idiot! I am not saying there are no new bands whose music I don't like, I am talking about the genre nu-metal, which I could never get into. Gimme bands like AC/DC and Accept anyday over the so called "nu".
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 4:46 am

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Well, I gotta be honest, that whole little tirade came off as rather ignorant and vapid for you.

Okay i'll be sensible now, I was just getting into the spirit of this thread. Not really to be taken seriously.
I'm not blowing off those genres totally (should of put 90% of ......).
But their is some truth to what i was saying, most of those genres are 'vapid' and lacking creativity.

Unfortunately most metal now is in a state of bland boring cliches, too many bands are being rewarded and signed for mining some retro sub genre.
Why aren't their any cool creative bands like their were in the early to mid 90's you know Last Crack, Nudeswirl, Saigon Kick, I Love You, Liquid Jesus, Masters Of Reality etc.
Its being left to the veterans like Clutch, Trouble, King's X and projects etc. to make great creative metal music. Geez i'm 20 and i'm already jaded!

Any way thats my 2 cents, opinions don't you love em?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:17 am

Slipknot suck and IMo do not deserve the praise and adulation heaped on them. i knew many people for slipknot where their favourite band

Linkin Park suck ass. saying that i am going to see them in concert tonight. i am sure i will it more than i am looking forward to it lol
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:58 am

All you guys Suck!!!!

Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 8:23 am

Go turn on the current version of "Headbanger's Ball" ............... sick
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 8:24 am

Everything I don't like sucks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 8:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Everything I don't like sucks.
That's what I'm saying, right there! Does anyone suck? - Page 3 927150
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 8:59 am

LAETHORA completely suck soap out of an inmate's anal cavity sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone suck?   Does anyone suck? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone suck?
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next