Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slipknot?

Go down 
+36
ghost
Todd Jaymz
MetalH
IHATEGENRES
skullsmasher
manny
Skysplitter
powermacho
Selvmord
Stender
XYZ
Muloc7253
ThrashedOutCobra33
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Smindas
shamgar75
stormspell
Rex
TheGooch
fingers
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
rattpoison
nevermore
MetalRob331
mc666
Shiney
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Wargod
caniplaywithmadness?
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
White_Mage
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 4:04 am

tohostudios wrote:
Anyone else heard the side project of the percussionist from Slipknot. It's called To My Surprise and sounds absolutely nothing like Slipknot. Sort of a psychedelic version of the Beatles. Very weird but interesting...

I heard The Murder Dolls who are awesome imo. I think Joey Jordison plays guitar in this band not the drums. It also has a few members of Dope i think not sure.

Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Ya I like some of their songs im not gonna lie but I dont see them as being the greatest band in the world or joey being the greatest drummer alive.
That whole band has talent and what is also interesting is how Corey stands up for his fans. So all n all theyre pretty descent
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 am

I think they're a cool band. I only have their debut, and although it's not consistant all the way through, there are some really great highlights. From the tracks I've heard from their last two albums I think I'd like those better.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:06 am

They're ok. I'd like to see how far they take the thrash element of their music in their new album. There are suppose to be more thrash riffs and guitar solos in the new one which draws my attention.

One bad thing: they swear an awful lot.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:08 am

xyz wrote:
They're ok. I'd like to see how far they take the thrash element of their music in their new album. There are suppose to be more thrash riffs and guitar solos in the new one which draws my attention.

Are you serious? thats kinda funny no offence.. theyre just words
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:17 am

ThrashedOutCobra33 wrote:
xyz wrote:

Are you serious? thats kinda funny no offence.. theyre just words

I know, but when my mom walks in the room I have to turn the radio off every time.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 am

She has sensitive ears.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:25 am

Well ya I guess but its all a part of their music. They try to be badass. I personally would not f*ck with Mick Thompson that guys a machine.. Like if you ever watch a concert where some1 says f*ck the crowd loves it for some odd reason.. I know i do but im also 16 and what do i know right? no but seriously ya i understand that..
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:40 pm

Hate them. grim reaper
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
It just bumms me out that they don't show their great skills in their music

I couldn't disagree more. You said that they demonstrated some of their riffs in a guitar video and tehy were very technical and musically adept, but they actually don't show this off in their music. That to me is a very integral and very metal attitude to have. It's shared by bands like...howabout early Fates Warning? Their riffs and rhythms were complex and well-written, but they didn't show it off, they just played it. If Slipknot are writing technically well-written riffs, but rather than boosting their ego with it are just putting it straight to album that's as metal as you can get.

And the stuff you said about nu-metal being more commercial and sing-along is nonsense. Never heard of Motley Crue? Iron Maiden? Deep Purple? Twisted Sister? Nitro? Anthrax? Manowar? Skid Row? Are these not real metal or rock bands? They focus on writing catchy choruses much more than Slipknot and Manson do.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:38 pm

They have 3 major lable releases. Out of those 3, I could probably make one really killer CD. The rest is just "meh."
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:10 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
It just bumms me out that they don't show their great skills in their music

I couldn't disagree more. You said that they demonstrated some of their riffs in a guitar video and tehy were very technical and musically adept, but they actually don't show this off in their music. That to me is a very integral and very metal attitude to have. It's shared by bands like...howabout early Fates Warning? Their riffs and rhythms were complex and well-written, but they didn't show it off, they just played it. If Slipknot are writing technically well-written riffs, but rather than boosting their ego with it are just putting it straight to album that's as metal as you can get.

And the stuff you said about nu-metal being more commercial and sing-along is nonsense. Never heard of Motley Crue? Iron Maiden? Deep Purple? Twisted Sister? Nitro? Anthrax? Manowar? Skid Row? Are these not real metal or rock bands? They focus on writing catchy choruses much more than Slipknot and Manson do.

You're taking this the wrong way - I was just trying to make an analogy on why they may be hated by die-hards as they do - And really, I have heard a lot of Slipknot's music, and there is really nearly nothing there, riff-wise. The drumming can be very good, but the guitar-playing is just too simplistic, and everything just molds in to a mush of sound (not in evey case, but a lot of cases) - Yes, I know those bands, and let me break them down to you :

- Motley Crue - Totally depends on what era of the band you are talking about, but they had catchy chorus' AS WELL as playing interesting music instrumentally.

Iron Maiden - Are you kidding? These guys are a lot more instrumental than vocal.

Deep Purple - Same as above

Twistes Sister - Same as Motley Crue

Antrax - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - They are one of the original four Thrash Bands, and by all means focus more on intrumental composing.

My point is, all these bands are interesting, instrumnetall-wise as well as vocal-wise - Sure there are the simplistic anthems, but I didn't say every song had to be instrumentally interesting, but at least contribute a nice lead break or solo - Slipknot, instrumentally, bor the crap out of me
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:07 pm

I just wanna see what their next album is like. See if it really is a step towards better instrumentation.
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:14 pm

They're deftly skilled musicians...they play with a good amount of intensity...they can write some good riffs...they're not my first choice in listening pleasure, but they certainly are not a bad Metal band...
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:22 pm

I had IOWA once, when it came out. Never liked it. I got it because my friends told me it was good metal but it wasn't what I expected, so I broke it and trew it away. I am glad I did that lol!
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:35 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Iron Maiden - Are you kidding? These guys are a lot more instrumental than vocal.

Antrax - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - They are one of the original four Thrash Bands, and by all means focus more on intrumental composing.

That's where I disagree, sadly, because the vocal lines in these bands, including Anthrax, are just as important as the instrumental part. If someone mentions Twisted Sister, the first thig they do is sin "I Wanna Rock!", not hum a riff. You said yourself, Slipknot are good guitarists and when their riffs are demonstrated in tutorialk videos, they're actully very well-written, They just don't make a big deal about it on the albums. They let he music do the talking.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 3:35 am

Muloc7253 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

That's where I disagree, sadly, because the vocal lines in these bands, including Anthrax, are just as important as the instrumental part. If someone mentions Twisted Sister, the first thig they do is sin "I Wanna Rock!", not hum a riff. You said yourself, Slipknot are good guitarists and when their riffs are demonstrated in tutorialk videos, they're actully very well-written, They just don't make a big deal about it on the albums. They let he music do the talking.

Actually, they let Corey do the screaming, and the music do the growling
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:07 am

Muloc7253 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

I'm with you, Muloc, especially with Twisted Sister. More people remember the vocals rather than the instrumentation - 'I Wanna Rock' or 'We're Not Gonna Take It' are the epitome of catchy choruses. And I'd say with Maiden, the split is probably about 50 / 50 - they're instrumental, but you'd be foolish to ignore the soaring vocals that add so much character to the music.

Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Slipknot Sucks!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:50 pm

Capitalising Rules!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Anyone else been following the story on Blabbermouth about the kid in South Africa who killed one of his schoolmates and injured two other people with a samurai sword, supposedly while wearing a mask that looks like Joey Jordison's? Of course, Slipknot's "satanic" music is being blamed for the rampage. As soon as I read that I thought "ohhh, boy, here we go again"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Heard about that. My responses is:

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" - Frank Zappa
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:32 pm

I can't believe I read this whole thread.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:36 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
I can't believe I read this whole thread.

And dont you feel like a better person for it.
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:21 pm

They aren't really my type of music... But some songs are not that bad...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slipknot? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slipknot?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next