Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slipknot?

Go down 
+36
ghost
Todd Jaymz
MetalH
IHATEGENRES
skullsmasher
manny
Skysplitter
powermacho
Selvmord
Stender
XYZ
Muloc7253
ThrashedOutCobra33
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Smindas
shamgar75
stormspell
Rex
TheGooch
fingers
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
rattpoison
nevermore
MetalRob331
mc666
Shiney
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Wargod
caniplaywithmadness?
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
White_Mage
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Snuff and Dead Memories are the two that really sound like Stone Sour.....
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:

I really dug the visuals around the era of their first album. Back then they had simple halloween masks and orange boiler suits, they looked like psychos or serial killers, no one had really done it before. Now the masks are too professional and over the top so it's nothing more than simple Gwar/Lordi imagery, which isn't as cool.

I agree they looked the most f*cked up and phsyco on their first album. not as scary now. though I think its intresting to see how they change their mask's on every album
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Anyone else been following the story on Blabbermouth about the kid in South Africa who killed one of his schoolmates and injured two other people with a samurai sword, supposedly while wearing a mask that looks like Joey Jordison's? Of course, Slipknot's "satanic" music is being blamed for the rampage. As soon as I read that I thought "ohhh, boy, here we go again"

I heard about that as well. I hate those type of claims.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:29 am

White_Mage wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

I really dug the visuals around the era of their first album. Back then they had simple halloween masks and orange boiler suits, they looked like psychos or serial killers, no one had really done it before. Now the masks are too professional and over the top so it's nothing more than simple Gwar/Lordi imagery, which isn't as cool.

I agree they looked the most f*cked up and phsyco on their first album. not as scary now. though I think its intresting to see how they change their mask's on every album

lets be fair time has blunted their visual impact
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:38 am

BULL

http://tinyurl.com/cj6vc8
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:44 am

Wow, what an arrogant spanner.

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm

OK, so I saw Slipknot on Feb 9 (took my son & his buddy)...

I kinda liked them before...a few songs here and there...no big deal. But after seeing them live, my admiration for them has grown. They're an excellent live band...great stage presence. They're very appreciative of their fans...very crowd friendly/interactive. They don't come off hateful or scary live...just intense. The stage was brightly lit, no pyro, no attempt to be dark/evil...just a heavy, intense live show. My "casual fan" status went up a notch or two...still not a favorite band or anything, but I have been converted.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:21 pm

I have grown to appreciate them more - While the majority of their music doesn't move me, I won't deny their talent and love for their fans and what they do. Their all right
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:39 pm

Their Live show is up there with any of them. I have seen hundreds and hundreds of shows over the years and Slipknot can hold their own
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:47 pm

I've watched clips of their shows and they do some cool stuff....I still think their music sucks though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:54 am

Schbopo wrote:
I still think their music sucks though.

Amen humble
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:17 am

I've tried my darndest to dislike this outfit...and, mostly, I've succeeded. Hate the dress-up thing. Hate the Pop song choruses which pervade many-to-most of the songs. Hate the kinda Pop cuture phenomenon they are....But, absolutely love the production on their discs, and the frikkin sound that they get for those drums. WOW! That schitt is tight, son.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slipknot? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slipknot?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6