Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slipknot?

Go down 
+36
ghost
Todd Jaymz
MetalH
IHATEGENRES
skullsmasher
manny
Skysplitter
powermacho
Selvmord
Stender
XYZ
Muloc7253
ThrashedOutCobra33
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Smindas
shamgar75
stormspell
Rex
TheGooch
fingers
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
rattpoison
nevermore
MetalRob331
mc666
Shiney
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Wargod
caniplaywithmadness?
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
White_Mage
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:05 pm

Never really cared for them, but you've got to give them respect for probably being the most extreme/heaviest band to go platinum!
You know alot of the criticism Slipknot and Marilyn Manson get from 'older' fans of more classic hard rock/metal is all relative, because those same criticisms were being levelled at Kiss and Alice Cooper back in the 70's from older fans of rock n' roll. You're really not mean't to get it, it's more of a younger generation thing. For kids growing up in the late 90's early 00's, Slipknot and Marilyn Manson were their Kiss and Alice Cooper respectively.
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Slipknot to me is good to listen to if your really angry but other than that you can't really just sit down and listen to em I do like their drummer Joey (the actual one not the 2 useless ones) because i think he is pretty talented and he had drummed for many bands including metallica and satryricon for one show but he is always related to slipknot which sucks
Slipknot to me i dunno what to classify them as cuz there not quite nu-metal but they aint death metal
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:07 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Never really cared for them, but you've got to give them respect for probably being the most extreme/heaviest band to go platinum!
You know alot of the criticism Slipknot and Marilyn Manson get from 'older' fans of more classic hard rock/metal is all relative, because those same criticisms were being levelled at Kiss and Alice Cooper back in the 70's from older fans of rock n' roll. You're really not mean't to get it, it's more of a younger generation thing. For kids growing up in the late 90's early 00's, Slipknot and Marilyn Manson were their Kiss and Alice Cooper respectively.

I totally agree! and there masks are pretty friggin awesome!
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:07 pm

White_Mage wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
Yea Not Surprised Theres Not Alot Of Slipknot Fans On Here
What's the deal with capitalizing every letter? surprised

Habit I Guess, Also I Think It Looks Nicer
Pain in the balls is what I'd call it. And it looks weird to those of us used to normal grammar. Haha. But hey, I guess it's better than alternating caps.
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:08 pm

WTF? You just changed to Black_Mage? scratch
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:09 pm

I liked Volume 3:The Subliminal Verses o.k.I dont really listen to them often but they have some decent songs.
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:

were mages we can do anything!
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Brothers I think,

but don't worry it's like Saxon, he posts under Auntie Saxon at times, it helps bring out his feminine side, y'know when he wears the high heels and all the jazz.

Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:12 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:40 pm

I would never buy an album from them i just like Corey as a singer in Stone Sour. ULT you hear anything from Stone Sour?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Not saying they are, saying they tried to copy DM, and did it really s hitty. 2nd rate nu-metal. Slipknot is one of the only bands I outright hate.
They're not nu-metal. First rate, second rate, etc...

Well, that's your opinion, either way its core crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Slipknot have a song called "People = Sh*t."

I say: "Slipknot = Crapola"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

wow how clever

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:10 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

wow how clever

I sense a bit of sarcasm there.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your bartender now, folks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Slipknot sucks.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:35 am

I pretty much could not have put it any better than Ult. I respect the original image, and I respect them as a whole, but I just think their music sucks...and at times, just plain boring. They are quite original in SOME aspects, but they really just mixed some styles together and put some bizzare costumes on. I'd say Metalcore meets Manson, with a good chunk of nu-metal...with costumes. I just...do not like their music at all.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:33 am

they are complete crap they just sound like a watered down version combination of Slayer and KoRn with abit of Death blended in. Also they are NU METAL cos they have the why bother? attitude on solos, have the guitars downtued like 5 semitones and they rapped on the 1st album. The lyrics are primitive and stupid just attracts an audience of junkies, Jon Davis like characters
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 am

I have one slipknot album (iowa) which is listened to the other day as a matter of fact. first half is killer but the rest is filler IMO
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:58 pm

I think they're utter garbage, and they represent the worst of nu metal (along with Limp Bizkit). The only halfway decent song they've ever done was "Vermillion".

Completely overrated as well. It irritated me to no end to see Hit Parader splash their hideous masked mugs on the cover every single damned month. The sooner they're done with, the better.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I would never buy an album from them i just like Corey as a singer in Stone Sour. ULT you hear anything from Stone Sour?

Nope. Never herd them. Worth checking into?

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Well its a lot more melodic and mainstream. Heres a few videos from them

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:41 pm

I just prefer Stone Sour as there is much better Songwriting Corey actually sings, and there are some really good slower melodic songs. Like the song below, I have both there releases and prefer them 100% more then Slipknot..

Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm

White_Mage wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
Yea Not Surprised Theres Not Alot Of Slipknot Fans On Here
What's the deal with capitalizing every letter? surprised

Habit I Guess, Also I Think It Looks Nicer
Lol
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:50 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Well its a lot more melodic and mainstream. Heres a few videos from them

Not bad, but not something I would spend much time listening to. Thanks for the videos.

ult

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:00 pm

Locky wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Brothers I think,

but don't worry it's like Saxon, he posts under Auntie Saxon at times, it helps bring out his feminine side, y'know when he wears the high heels and all the jazz.

What?!And all this time I thought it was his lovely wife surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slipknot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slipknot?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next