Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slipknot?

Go down 
+36
ghost
Todd Jaymz
MetalH
IHATEGENRES
skullsmasher
manny
Skysplitter
powermacho
Selvmord
Stender
XYZ
Muloc7253
ThrashedOutCobra33
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Smindas
shamgar75
stormspell
Rex
TheGooch
fingers
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
rattpoison
nevermore
MetalRob331
mc666
Shiney
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Wargod
caniplaywithmadness?
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
White_Mage
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:31 pm

I'll probably purchase the new album just to check it out
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Slipknot's first two albums are classic examples of modern metal IMO,
alot that has followed in their wake ( and Korn) is mostly crap, you
could trace the style of alot of bands that are covered in magazine
such as Revolver and modern metal to these two bands, not the best band
on the planet but they have definitley made their mark on the style and
history of heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:43 pm

I like them live much more than just sitting down and relaxing to some Slipknot. They were very entertaining to watch at the Mayhem Festival this year and also a few years back on OzzFest.

I don't put them on much but my son really likes them and plays them quite a bit, I don't turn it off, sometimes down, but not off. I agree with most of the people here that have said they like them in that they could edit out about 2/3 of their stuff and come up with a really good album from the 4-5 they have out now.

They do have a really cool drum riser that rotates and then does a flip, pretty neat special effect.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:20 pm

to be honest It's been a while since I've given them a listen and after hearing some of there new album and some older songs they just don't sound as good as they used to be I was way into them back in the day but now not as much I wouldnt say I hate them they just don't have the same draw as before
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:29 pm

I would like them so much more if Corey would stop screaming so much. His voice can be great at times, but that scream is worse than Phil Anselmo's.
Back to top Go down
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:38 pm

I actually consider myself a pretty big slipknot fan, but Vol 3 was a major letdown. Its good but it is not like the first two albums. I still actually listen to Iowa occassionally and it is my fav by far alot of being pissed off going on in that cd. The seem to show alot of aggression, more than a lot of of groups.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:04 pm

i have iowa but i never liked it very much as half to me is filler. dont think i wll buy the new one as i have heard one song and it did nothing for me (all hope is gone)
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:06 am

I love Volume 3. I think it's a great album start to finish. The new song Psychosocial is heavy and has a great solo. I'm buying the new album on Tuesday!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:31 am

MetalH wrote:
and has a great solo.!

Like, a real solo or just a crappy slipknot solo?
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:35 am

Schbopo wrote:
MetalH wrote:
and has a great solo.!

Like, a real solo or just a crappy slipknot solo?

LOL! Well, it sounded like a good solo to me... But don't take my word for it. There are some really good solos on Volume 3 as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:05 pm

I just got All Hope Lost in the mail yeserday, I really like it. I've always liked the band, I think they have a great gig going with mask and all. Not that thats a new thing, but I find it entertaining. A month or so back they debuted their new mask online. Their site had 8 million hits in 24 hrs, so I guess they do have huge numbers of fans. I've never heard of a bands website getting hits like that, Pretty crazy!! Music wise to me a good mix of heavy for that genre of music.-TJ
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:55 pm

IHATEGENRES wrote:
I actually consider myself a pretty big slipknot fan, but Vol 3 was a major letdown. Its good but it is not like the first two albums. I still actually listen to Iowa occassionally and it is my fav by far alot of being pissed off going on in that cd. The seem to show alot of aggression, more than a lot of of groups.

I thought Vol 3 was their best album its got solid songs on it start to finish Iowa is really good but it has some duds on it and there first album sucked IMO maybe two-three good songs but they only seem good cuz of the rest of the junk on that album

I haven't checked out there new one and I probly won't unless some gives me a free copy I just don't have any desire to go buy it
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Slipknot's alright.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:17 pm

Been listening to the new album online today.I've gotta admit its pretty good.I'll probably be picking the new cd up soon.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:54 pm

After listening to the new album a couple of times, I'm really starting to like it.
Back to top Go down
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:09 am

Just got done litening to the new album and I think it would be good if it had the words Stone Sour on the front of it. For a Slipknot album it blows just like the last one. PFFF what a disapointment.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:33 am

I like some of their songs, but after listening to half of one of their albums it begins to get boring for me. Idon't know All Hope is Gone, so I can't talk about that album.

Same thing with Stone Sour. The vocals of Corey Taylor don't work for me. So I was happy when the rumours that he will join Anthrax were over.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:57 pm

I dig their music. Their's a little filler on their albums but it's mostly good stuff.

I really dug the visuals around the era of their first album. Back then they had simple halloween masks and orange boiler suits, they looked like psychos or serial killers, no one had really done it before. Now the masks are too professional and over the top so it's nothing more than simple Gwar/Lordi imagery, which isn't as cool. Doesn't affect the music though.

I don't really care about the lack of solos either as guitar solos are in no way mandatory for me. I don't mind the simplicity of the riffs as I listen to everything from AC/DC to Darkthrone and they often have simple riffs. I don't mind down-tuning because, well, just because I don't. I wasn't raised on 80s metal so I don't have any kind of natural dislike, it's just a different pitch to me.

Their Bodom/Machine Head tour sold out in 5 hours, bummer! Was really looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:15 pm

IHATEGENRES wrote:
Just got done litening to the new album and I think it would be good if it had the words Stone Sour on the front of it. For a Slipknot album it blows just like the last one. PFFF what a disapointment.
How the hell does this make any sense? You "hate" genres but you're so close-minded to say an album blows because it doesn't have a different title? That might be the dumbest thing I've read here.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:

I don't really care about the lack of solos either as guitar solos are in no way mandatory for me. I don't mind the simplicity of the riffs as I listen to everything from AC/DC to Darkthrone and they often have simple riffs.

They added some guitar solos on Vol. 3 and really expanded their riff and solo work on the new album. Sure the guitar work is not at the level of Van Halen or Rhoads, but they still show to be very talented axemen.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:19 pm

I got the new one this week. It reminds me of all of thier other CD's. Where about half of the album is really good, and the rest is just filler. I love the song "Snuff" though. I can relate to it at this point in my life.....
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
How the hell does this make any sense? You "hate" genres but you're so close-minded to say an album blows because it doesn't have a different title? That might be the dumbest thing I've read here.

Slipknot? - Page 5 604261 You tell him. And I think he's saying Stone Sour blows donkeys.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:43 pm

I'll be buying the new album, never cared formuch of their old stuff, but the new one sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:35 pm

There are a couple of songs on the new one that sound like they should be on a Stone Sour CD.... I like Stone Sour too though.
Back to top Go down

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Selvmord wrote:
There are a couple of songs on the new one that sound like they should be on a Stone Sour CD.... I like Stone Sour too though.

My son said the same thing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slipknot? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slipknot?   Slipknot? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slipknot?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next