Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Guitarists Thread..

Go down 
+6
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
Smindas
White_Mage
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:26 am

how do i get a heavy tone cos i have no idea
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:18 am

What do u mean by heavy tone? Distortion? The easiest way to get distortion just from ur amp is to turn all the setting to 10 except bass and volume. If the amp ur using is more for clean tone then i suggest getting and overdrive pedal or distortion pedal.

Heres a link to many distortion pedals, u can get a pretty good oedal for under 50

http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q=&cat2=&cat=2612&ob=p19&rl=&rh=&button=search%2Ffilter&form=search
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:27 am

i mean like hopw do i make my guitar sound like i am actually the fifth member of metallica lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:57 am

To make ur guitar sound heavy u need to have a distorted sound. The amp is the first place to start u cant have a metal tone without an amp thats capable of getting distortion.

Most all Metallica songs are power chords which are made up of Fifths

Here are some power chords

E5 - 02xxxx
F5 - 133xxx
G5 - 355xxx
A5 - 577xxx
C5 - x355xx
D5 - x577xx

heres an example of me using the chords E5, F5, and G5 in standard tuning

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=UEBODQDRCR2E if u want the tab im working on it
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 10:18 am

Heres the tab to the Power Chord riff above (just tabbing it on the EA strings

All Downstrokes

2-2-5----5-3-2-3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 2 repeat x4
0-0-3-0-3-1-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 0

then this

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2
3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0***********************
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 10:24 am

it took all my spaces away so its kind of clustered
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 1:06 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i mean like hopw do i make my guitar sound like i am actually the fifth member of metallica lol!

boost bass and treble, and cut mids. emgs are also helpful
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 2:29 pm

well on my amp i have drive on 10, bass on 0, treble on 0, mids on 5, but i have an insane setting that pretty much sounds like the Mesa Boogie Triple rectifier...

If u want a pure metal sound i'd either get a metal zone pedal or upgrade the amp..
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:32 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

boost bass and treble, and cut mids. emgs are also helpful

ok i can boost bas and treble. i would very much like an emg pickup but as my guitar only has one pickup i need a new guitar first
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:15 am

ah i am annoyed i went to the guitar shop and the guy who restrings guitars is never there on a thursday and thursday was the only day i could go
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:36 pm

TheGooch wrote:
ah i am annoyed i went to the guitar shop and the guy who restrings guitars is never there on a thursday and thursday was the only day i could go

do u need new strings?

About getting a new guitar for the metal sound. When i first really starting seeing results i had a SQuire Strat which is worth about 99 dollars and isnt made for metal. I asked around to see if getting a new guitar was the answer for getting a better sound and the majority said no way just get a new amp with lots of distortion. If you go out and buy a really nice guitar but still have a tiny practice amp i think that defeats the purpose. I think u start with the amp and like i have said b4 check this one out

http://line6.com/spideriii/sounds01.html

Its the Line 6 Spyder III. It has insane metal tone and will make any guitar sound like a gem. This is my practice amp and its the 75 Watt one. For 100 you can get the 15 watt one that has these killer tones built in as well//
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:47 am

i am asking for a new amp for my birthday in march cos at the moment i have a yamaha starter amp which actually has a sick tone but i want a thirty watt marshall or maybe their microstack

as for new strings i have had the same ones for a year and they are starting to take a beating. also i am missing a string so i need that replacing

as for wanting a new guitar thats just me wanting a new guitar but i suppose i would like one with a neck and bridge pickup instead of the bridge pickup my dean has. and the gibson explorer is the sexiest thing i have ever seen
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:00 am

i have just ordered Learn to play guitar with metallica and Guitar for Dummies which i hope will be good
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:00 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i am asking for a new amp for my birthday in march cos at the moment i have a yamaha starter amp which actually has a sick tone but i want a thirty watt marshall or maybe their microstack

as for new strings i have had the same ones for a year and they are starting to take a beating. also i am missing a string so i need that replacing

as for wanting a new guitar thats just me wanting a new guitar but i suppose i would like one with a neck and bridge pickup instead of the bridge pickup my dean has. and the gibson explorer is the sexiest thing i have ever seen

Gooch u should be changing those strings for urself, there are detailed lessons online that are very useful. As for the gibson explorer what do u think of this axe its a lot more metal

http://www.espguitars.com go to guitars the scroll down to LTD standard series, then the ex series looks like James old axe killer guitar
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:11 pm

I hate changing strings but I'm NOT going to pay someone to do it. At this point I can get one on in just a few minutes w/out breaking it!! My first attempts ended in broken strings when I first started. It gets easier with time...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:28 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I hate changing strings but I'm NOT going to pay someone to do it. At this point I can get one on in just a few minutes w/out breaking it!! My first attempts ended in broken strings when I first started. It gets easier with time...

i agree paying someone to put strings on is like paying someone to tie ur shoes. After a few times putting new strings on its a sinch..
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:31 pm

We in Ultimatum are firm believers in EMG's

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Guitars sound neat! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:46 am

emg's are the best thing that happened to guitars
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:03 am

i have had my guitar restrung today for the price of ten pounds with ernie ball hybrids and i must say its a guitar reborn

now i want to get a marshall amplifier to get a heavier tone
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:25 pm

Man I'm Pretty Excited I just got a jackson randy rhodes guitar off ebay last night can't wait for it to arrive
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:46 am

White_Mage wrote:
Man I'm Pretty Excited I just got a jackson randy rhodes guitar off ebay last night can't wait for it to arrive

awesome is it the real one or the japan made? I used to have the Japan bolt threw body it was bad azz but sounded nothing like the Solid body RR
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:54 am

It's Most Likely Made In Japan Because Its The Cheapest Model There Is:lol!:

But I'm Planning To Load It With Some EMGS And Maybe Install A Tone Pros Bridge

Then It'll Be Pretty Friggin Awesome

I'd love to get a custom Jackson RR but for now my budget only allows the cheaper ones
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:11 am

yea they can get pricey.. That is a killer guitar and has great tone with just the stock pick ups. Putting EMG's in it will give it killer tone
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:17 am

Quote :
Heres the tab to the Power Chord riff above (just tabbing it on the EA strings

All Downstrokes

2-2-5----5-3-2-3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 2 repeat x4
0-0-3-0-3-1-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 0

then this

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2
3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0***********************

Great! I'm going to be practicing this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Guitarists Thread..
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next