Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Guitarists Thread..

Go down 
+6
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
Smindas
White_Mage
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:39 pm

TheGooch wrote:
just ordered a new Epiphone Thinderbird bass with alll the money i got for my birthday

Wicked thats what the bassist in my band has and he loves it. althought its pretty neck heavy if that bothers you at all
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:52 am

everyone tells me it is neck heavy but no it does not bother me
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 4:55 am

well my new epiphone thunderbird bass arrived this morning and i absolutely love it! it is so much better than the cruiser bass i have its unreal even though they are both made in china. you can tell one was a £100 guitar and the other a £400 pound (even though it was heavily discounted)

it is so easy to play the neck is amazing and the sound is so classy compared to the Cruiser bass i have even though it had rotosounds put on it the other day. its just awesome
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:29 am

can anyone reccomend a good bass amplifier with about 100 watts thats actully about two hundred great british pounds as i want a new amp for my band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:38 am

I have been playing for a long time, own a electric Ibanez and a Washbern Firebird(Yeah I know, sounds wierd, but can shread like a mother!). I'm saving for another and I'm haveing to decide between and epiphone lespaul style or epiphone lespaul sunburst. Any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 am

thewalkofman wrote:
I have been playing for a long time, own a electric Ibanez and a Washbern Firebird(Yeah I know, sounds wierd, but can shread like a mother!). I'm saving for another and I'm haveing to decide between and epiphone lespaul style or epiphone lespaul sunburst. Any suggestions.

the les paul standard is nice by epiphone. i am really pleased with my epiphone thunderbird its so well made and sounds great to play and is also easy to play compared to my shitty cruiser bass.

it has transformed the sound of my band totally overnight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:43 am

Ok, well I think I should've told you my style. When I learned guitar I set out learning everything I could drag in from listening to maiden. I would leran Dave Murray's scales and put them to my own stuff. Dave Murray's style is the style I'm playing right now. Would epiphone do well with this style or no.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 5:47 am

thewalkofman wrote:
Ok, well I think I should've told you my style. When I learned guitar I set out learning everything I could drag in from listening to maiden. I would leran Dave Murray's scales and put them to my own stuff. Dave Murray's style is the style I'm playing right now. Would epiphone do well with this style or no.

I dont think theres a certain guitar for a certain style other then a Fender for blues. Epiphones are very good guitars and also are very versatile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:44 pm

It's just something I've heard before.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 6:03 am

Well some people seem to think that you need a Jackson to play heavy metal or an ESP. These guitars are more suited for that style of music.

I can see where the people who say this are coming from as most rock or metal guitarists seem to play Jackson, ESP, or Ibanez. Gibson is a very good guitar and is suited for all likes of music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:24 am

Gibson for me is a dream guitar. The kind you only have while your asleep. So I thought If I couldn't get a hold of a Gibson, what about Epiphone. I sat down just the other day in a guitar shop and played on this gibson sunburst, and it played like choclate cake. So, I started thinkin, Epiphone is to Gibson what Squier is to Fender, and I've played a good sounding squier.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Good days and bad days!!

Some days my fingers/hand feels like it's in molasses and other days I feel like I'm flying!!

And one year into it I still haven't settled on a pick. Right now I'm like .60 but who knows next week. angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Keep at it scott, as long as you still enjoy it. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Oh, I enjoy it. I'm just amazed at how each day can be so different.

I need to get an acoustic now!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Past week, I just haven't felt like playing guitar all that much. I picked it up this evening and I've just had an hour of solid, fun playing. I love it when that happens.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:38 pm

I cant keep my hands off my guitar. I have found the sound i want and its hard to put down. I have so many riffs and no one to jam with. I used to record my riffs and put them to cd then drum over them myself but thats too much work for me lol. Keep playing guys, you can only get better...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:07 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I cant keep my hands off my guitar. I have found the sound i want and its hard to put down. I have so many riffs and no one to jam with. I used to record my riffs and put them to cd then drum over them myself but thats too much work for me lol. Keep playing guys, you can only get better...

i did that but on bass guitar i have not played since band practise
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:08 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
thewalkofman wrote:

I dont think theres a certain guitar for a certain style other then a Fender for blues. Epiphones are very good guitars and also are very versatile.

i think it would work
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:18 pm

So I bought an acoustic.

angry angry angry angry angry

I'm sick to my stomach at how bad I am. I love playing/practicing the electric but I haven't found my joy yet with this.

Tell me about your experiences.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:32 am

If anyones looking for an awesome guitar for about 200-500 bux check out a Dean i got one and I love it
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:38 am

thewalkofman wrote:
Gibson for me is a dream guitar. The kind you only have while your asleep. So I thought If I couldn't get a hold of a Gibson, what about Epiphone. I sat down just the other day in a guitar shop and played on this gibson sunburst, and it played like choclate cake. So, I started thinkin, Epiphone is to Gibson what Squier is to Fender, and I've played a good sounding squier.

I've played both high end gibsons and high end epihones and to be honest I can't tell the diffrence. all though if you want gibson quality from an epiphone you got pay more than 300-400 (roughly) don't be fooled into thinking that a 150-200 dollar epi's gonna give you that same feel. and i do agree with your stament that epiphone is to gibson as squier is to fender, althought squiers are usaully made only in japan or china or wherever alot of high end epi's are made in USA in gibson factories so the only diffrence between them is wut it says on the head stock.

But if your dream is a Gibson and you really don't want to settle I say save your coin for the guitar of your dreams.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:18 am

When i go to buy a guitar i look for a few things. First thing is it has to have emg's. These are my favorite pick ups in the world. Second thing is speed, the neck has to be thin and very fast so i can do some sick runs. Third is price if i see a guitar i like for 400 and there is another guitar i liked for 500 i will just buy the 400 one because usually you are paying for the name other then whats in the guitar.

Ibanez's and Jacksons are still my favorite guitars

Ibanez is the best all around guitar out there, but if i could get any guitar it would be the PRS Tremonti edition that guitars sound is 2nd to none...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:59 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
So I bought an acoustic.

I'm sick to my stomach at how bad I am. I love playing/practicing the electric but I haven't found my joy yet with this.

I made my son learn the acoustic first, then got him an electric when I saw a commitment. Much easier to go that route, IMO.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
So I bought an acoustic.

I made my son learn the acoustic first, then got him an electric when I saw a commitment. Much easier to go that route, IMO.

IMO I think leaning on electric is far better because acoustics don't play like electrics do and if ur a kid who wants to play rock/metal songs and maybe even start a band than an acoustic is going to do them much good. If your want to see them make a commitment then don't buy them an amp just the electric and tell them they'll get an amp when the can play a whole song that way they'll make a commitment to leanring and you don't have to hear those first few weeks of afwul playing cranked up on an amp. I also say avoid starter-pack guitars these things are often so cheaply made and the amp sounds so bad it'll discourage any kid from playing.

well thats just my two cents
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:58 pm

White_Mage wrote:

IMO I think leaning on electric is far better because acoustics don't play like electrics do and if ur a kid who wants to play rock/metal songs and maybe even start a band than an acoustic is going to do them much good. If your want to see them make a commitment then don't buy them an amp just the electric and tell them they'll get an amp when the can play a whole song that way they'll make a commitment to leanring and you don't have to hear those first few weeks of afwul playing cranked up on an amp. I also say avoid starter-pack guitars these things are often so cheaply made and the amp sounds so bad it'll discourage any kid from playing.

well thats just my two cents

The reason I did it that way is that I was told by a guitar player friend that more finger pressure was required on an acoustic than an electric, so if he learned on an acoustic, he would find it very easy to transition to an electric, but learning on an electric and trying to pick up an acoustic later would be more difficult to do.

I agree with you about the "starter kits". Better to hit a pawn shop looking for a bargain that way than to buy crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Guitarists Thread..
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next