Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Guitarists Thread..

Go down 
+6
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
Smindas
White_Mage
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

For Guitarists Thread.. Empty
PostSubject: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:25 pm

Im goin to make this thread so all the guitarists on HOM can come here if they have any questions or need some tips on some songs, tunings, tabs, chords, or anything involving the guitar.

I will post audio if needed to try and help anyone out..
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:28 pm

A friend just gave me a Danelectro pedal and it's a great new toy but why am I getting all this "fuzz" - this noisy static when it's plugged in and WHY IS IT PLAYING radio stations??

Am I just a clueless douche? What's going on? My new toy is frustrating me!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:36 pm

What kind of pedal is it?

A reverb, overdrive, phaser?

It might have something to do with the settings, but i can tell you more if i know exactly what pedal it is..
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Is it the French Toast Octave Distortion pedal?

I know this pedal is known for picking up Radio Stations if plugged directly to ur amp. If used with another effect it usually goes away.

Most danelectro pedals though awesome do have some feedback problems and a lot come with a fuzz/distortion effect. Its just a matter of finding the setting that best fits ur amp and u..
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:10 pm

This one...

For Guitarists Thread.. P405b-1708987b01d44a86ae0cf985d18df896
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Thats the DD-1 Fab Tone Distortion Pedal i have researched and a few ppl have said that they do pick up some radio stations if goin directly through the pedal with no other effects.

As for the fuzz sounds check ur settings, try different settings to see if this sound goes away. I know these pedals to come with a fuzz effect built in. Also check the input and putput jacks as these might be loose due to the pedal being used a lot.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks metalrob!!!!!

It's driving me nuts so I'll fiddle. It IS nice to have that crunchy sound on my crappy little practice amp without having to turn the amp itself all the way up. Then, if I click the pedal off I like the clean sound.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:49 pm

What is the pedals watts i know if u get a pedal that is more powerful then the amp itself there is usually a lot of unwanted sounds
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Well I bet that has something to do with it. All's I have is a $50 Kramer practice amp. Nice for what it is....but still just a practice amp.....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:03 pm

yes any amp will do to practice on.

My practice amp is the Line 6 Spyder 3 75 watt

i always recommend ppl to go get the line 3 spyder amp for 100 dollars as it has so many built in effects and sounds. 100's of tones to pick from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:53 pm

I have a Danelectro Distortion Pedal (Not the same mine is Fab Metal) and I can hear the radio too lol! But it may be the cable between the guitare and the pedal that make these noisy sounds.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:34 pm

it has something to do with the frequencies inside the pedal//
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:34 am

Yeah I Hate Fuzz. You can usaully elimanate it if you use a really good cable thats what I've found out. Like for instance I was doing a sound check the other day & I was using a ratty 20 ft. cable i had fuzz beyond belief then i swapped that cable for a high grade 16 ft one and all the fuz was gone.

Also Practice Amps Can Be Bad For Fuzzing & Buzzing It all depends on the make I have a little 10w Roland microcube and it hardly every makes any noise unless iys cranked full blast
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:28 am

tell me what u guys think of this riff..

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=LZ3MANRYCA06
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:02 am

Damn Thats A Tight Riff Man. Wish I Came Up With It

Sounds Sorta Like Arch Enemy-esque To Me
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:55 am

White_Mage wrote:
Damn Thats A Tight Riff Man. Wish I Came Up With It

Sounds Sorta Like Arch Enemy-esque To Me

thanx man was just noodleing around and came up with it. Yes i can hear a lil Arch Enemy in there as well.

So any u guitar players record ur riffs or just try and remember them. I use the program Audacity which is killer and its free. It also converts the files to MP3 format so i can upload or even burn to a disc, not bad for a free peogram
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:01 am

i dont have any decent recording gear so i havent got any really good guitar recordings yet but a couple weeks ago my friends and i made a really terrible audio-quailty recording of a black metal song we wrote and it actully sounded like a legit black metal recording lol! and all we used to record it was sum 17 dollar sears guitar with a 2w amp a pots & pans drum kit with me screamin at my best and it was all recorded with a webcam mic

the end result sounded like some lost burzum song
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:06 am

i would def recommend Audacity its a free download. It gives out killer quality as well and like i said u cant beat a program that converts files to mp3 format.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 am

I'll Check That Out For Sure
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:51 am

That's some good riffery there Rob. It definitely has that Arch Enemy vibe to it. I like it a lot.

As for keeping track of riffs, I tend to do several things. If it's a lot of riffs that work together and are effectively enough to structure a song around, I'll start tabbing them on Powertabs and generally just work on making a song out of them, or at leave them for a bit until inspiration strikes me. That way I have a hard copy of the riffs and how they should sound.
However, if it's just a few riffs I've come up with on the spur of the moment and am worried that I'll forget by the next day, I'll record them on Audacity, much like yourself. It's useful, to say the least. Then I also try to remember a handful of my other riffs.

On the topic of audacity recorded riffs, I came up with this yesterday;
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=OTWJD5XVCDR3
There is one ginormous mistake around the 21 sec mark, but you get the basic gist.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:26 pm

awesome riff man. Whats ur equipment?
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Quote :
awesome riff man.

Agreed, It Reminds Me Of Sabbath 🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Hah, cheers guys.

My equipment is nothing fancy. An Ibanez GRG170DX, a Zoom606 multieffects pedal, a small little practice amp and the built in mic on my laptop.

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Wow amazing riffs!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:42 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Wow amazing riffs!

thanx more to come
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Guitarists Thread..   For Guitarists Thread.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Guitarists Thread..
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next