Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer

Go down 
+24
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
exact33
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Troublezone
thejokeriv
nevermore
Witchfinder
Vexer6
pdf0427
mikeinfla
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Glower
the sentinel
glassprison
muckie
Fat Freddy
John Madden
manny
Gilbert
brokentulsa
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 120nlfs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 1:55 pm

They need to stop already. Their legacy is being tarnished by themselves and its NOT good. They could have asked Josh (Blotzers Ratt vocalist) to fill in this show since he sounds a lot like the Stephen Pearcy of old!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 1:58 pm

For whatever it's worth, Ratt played in New Jersey last night and by all accounts Stephen was on point and made up for the embarrassing Huntington gig.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 8:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
For whatever it's worth, Ratt played in New Jersey last night and by all accounts Stephen was on point and made up for the embarrassing Huntington gig.

Made up by still singing horribly, just not as horrible as that other night. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 11:53 am

It's how we rate so many singers these days. Axl, Tate, Pearcy.....not as horrible as could be.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Well, never thought I'd see a singer for a band ask a dude in the crowd where they were in the verse. Haha.

Dude's gonna be dead soon.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Jesus that dude is terrible. They are better off cutting him loose and just picking a random member in the crowd every night to sing the songs or something. I feel sorry for the rest of the band, and can't imagine how hard it's gotta be to endure that "performance" every night.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 am

Sounds like they are in desperate need of a "scab" to take his place.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 11:55 am

They need to call it a day.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 4:23 pm

They need to get Pearcy off the road for his own well being. Something clearly is not right with him.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 7:17 pm

I can see why Warren DeMartini sat out of this tour, I love Ratt but wow! These guys need to get Stephen Pearcy off the road and do it quickly
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Jesus that dude is terrible. They are better off cutting him loose and just picking a random member in the crowd every night to sing the songs or something. I feel sorry for the rest of the band, and can't imagine how hard it's gotta be to endure that "performance" every night.

I was saying that to myself, I feel sorry for the rest of Ratt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 1:34 am

Required Fields wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I was saying that to myself, I feel sorry for the rest of Ratt.
The band sounds good, but he just kills it with the way he's singing. I feel bad for him as well, but it's not the bands responsibility to baby sit him until he gets the help he obviously needs. They should call a family member that can pick him up at the airport, and buy him a ticket home. If I paid money to see a band, and that's what I got, I'd be pissed and demand a refund. The band is doing their fans no good by keeping him on the tour.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 3:13 am

That was hard to watch. Poor Stephen, he’s not singing for Ratt anymore, he’s now singing for “Rott”.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 5:00 am

Man, this felt so bad.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 8:32 am

Some here now this first hand, and others cuz we are Rock and Metal music fans, but the grind of touring is harsh. The dudes are all older now and bodies are breaking down due to illness and a lives lived pretty hard. This seems to ring especially true for lead singers as they bear the brunt of the vocal workload and it's taking it's toll on guys like Pearcy, Vince Neil, Don Dokken, Geoff Tate and a few others I am probably forgetting. The painful reality is to stop touring for some (or all) of these guys (and their bands) even though the money is in touring.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 10:23 am

But look at Glenn Hughes. It can be done.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 8:05 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
But look at Glenn Hughes.  It can be done.

Very true. If the singer takes care of his/ her voice (Michael Sweet) over the corse of a 30 or 40 year career, then all is well. If not, then, well...see Pearcy and a few others.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Nobody was going to mistake Stephen Pearcy for Freddie Mercury, even during the height of the band's popularity, but damn that was horrible, but if you listen to bootlegs or watch live clips from Youtube, on the last tour with DeMartini, he sang completely off tune in most of the clips
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 11:53 am

the sentinel wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
But look at Glenn Hughes.  It can be done.

Very true. If the singer takes care of his/ her voice (Michael Sweet) over the corse of a 30 or 40 year career, then all is well. If not, then, well...see Pearcy and a few others.

Some of these guys sang in an unnatural manner for so long that they just can't contort their voice in such a way once they get older. Mark Slaughter, for instance. Even rap artists have this issue. DMC from Run DMC rapped in a voice unlike his natural voice, and he sounds totally different today. He just can't do it anymore, and he's not even a singer! B-Real from Cypress Hill sounds the same, but that nasally voice he has isn't his natural style.

Not sure if Pearcy is one of those guys, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm

I'm not saying they need to sound the same or hit every single note they could before, but people can still sing well into their 60s if they take their voice/health seriously.

I can't respect a millionaire singer who didn't ever learn how to sing in a natural manner.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'm not saying they need to sound the same or hit every single note they could before, but people can still sing well into their 60s if they take their voice/health seriously.

I can't respect a millionaire singer who didn't ever learn how to sing in a natural manner.

Some can back from the abyss a bit as well. As much as I think Tate is a turd, he sounds way better today than he did in recent years. Still nothing like his former self, but I think he must have gone and got himself some professional help after everyone started trashing him.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Some can back from the abyss a bit as well. As much as I think Tate is a turd, he sounds way better today than he did in recent years. Still nothing like his former self, but I think he must have gone and got himself some professional help after everyone started trashing him.

I never thought his voice sounded bad, even when everyone here was trashing him. He's always put on a respectable performance when I've heard him, it's just that the songs he was involved with were consistently terrible.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I never thought his voice sounded bad, even when everyone here was trashing him.  He's always put on a respectable performance when I've heard him, it's just that the songs he was involved with were consistently terrible.

I'm not a hater, but he had a lot of pretty bad performances over the years. In a lower range he was fine, but any time he tried to go higher his voice cracked, was out of tune, etc. Even some of his studio performance on Frequency Unknown aren't very good.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 10:15 am

RATT Frontman STEPHEN PEARCY Talks New Line-Up - "It's Like Ratt Circa '83, '84; This Is The Closest Thing To Being That Entity"
Ratt frontman Stephen Pearcy recently guested on Talking Metal, discussing the current formation of the band featuring himself, original bassist Juan Croucier, guitarists Jordan Ziff (Razer) and Chris Sanders (Britny Fox), and drummer Pete Holmes (Black N' Blue). He did not address the recent shows where he was seemingly intoxicated (see below for details), talking instead about how well the new band works on stage.

Pearcy: "We just go out there, and it's the strangest thing. It's like Ratt circa '83, '84. Well, this is the version, to me, the closest thing to being that entity, and so we're having a good time. When you don't have to think and look around and you just do your gig, you're on to something. So we're having a good time... we 're having a really good time. We're selling out shows, and people are loving it, so hopefully we're turning some people on."

Full story: http://bravewords.com/news/ratt-frontman-stephen-pearcy-talks-new-line-up-it-s-like-ratt-circa-83-84-this-is-the-closest-thing-to-being-that-entity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next