Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???

Go down 
+3
arttieTHE1manparty
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Empty
PostSubject: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:34 pm

I just read about this. I had no Idea Mike DiMeo left the band. Did anyone else? I thought he did a good job in the last album and I was waiting to hear another one with him. Did he go to another band? He was good in Riot also. But if this story is true it'll be great to hear Jorn in Masterplan again.

MASTERPLAN, the band led by former HELLOWEEN guitarist Roland Grapow, has commented on a news story that was published in the latest issue of the long-running Dutch rock/metal magazine Aardschok which claimed that singer Jorn Lande had rejoined the group.

A post on the official MASTERPLAN web site reads as follows: "In the coming days some official news regarding the new singer will be posted here. The band is very sorry for the long waiting but things could not be done differently... thanks for your patience!

"Concerning the message from Aardshok magazine, it doesn't come from the band and we have to mention that it is not true that Jorn left the band because of [now-former MASTERPLAN drummer] Uli [Kusch]."

Lande left the band in May 2006, citing "musical differences" between the vocalist and the rest of the band. During the songwriting process for the group's third album, it became increasingly apparent that the other members of the band had different visions and plans for the group's musical direction. While Jorn allegedly wanted MASTERPLAN to follow a more melodic path, the rest of the band apparently wanted to return to the metallic roots of their debut album.

Vocalist Mike DiMeo (RIOT, THE LIZARDS) announced his departure from MASTERPLAN in January 2009 after recording just one studio album with the group — 2007's "MK II".

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 pm

I would love that. Masterplan is one of my all-time favorite bands and the two with Jorn are masterpieces, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:35 pm

they are masterpieces! If its not Jorn though I dont know how much longer this band will last.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 am

I started a similar thread on the CMR and apparently it is a done deal that Jorn is back with Masterplan.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:32 pm

I've read about this on other boards too, and it comes as a surprise. I've actually talked to Jørn after he left Masterplan. And I read an interesting interview with him where he was played MKII for the first time. He was genuinly surprised at some of the songs on that album, stating that "this is exactly the direction I wanted us to take!". But then again, he hated some of the other tracks, saying they were Helloween clone songs.

I hope he returns to Masterplan, and sticks with something for once! I love all 3 MP albums, but the 2 first are some of my all time favorites. But I also hope he keeps releasing his stellar solo work.

Last edited by kmorg on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:13 pm

hmmm interesting. Great news then! Im sure he wont stop doing his solo albums. Hes got one coming out in June I believe but I could be wrong. I know its coming out soon though. Either way YAY! Jorns Back!

Metal novice
Metal novice
/ELOHIYM

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:02 pm

It would be great if he returns to Masterplan the two albums with him are amazing, MKII is a great album but not as great as the other two, anyway Jorn's been in many different projects such as: Allen/lande, Brazen abbott,Ken Hensley,Ark...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:07 am

... Mundanus Imperium (or wtf they were called), Vagabond, A Rock 'n' Roll Adventure, he also sang the anthem for the Norwegian National Soccer team, and he's been in several TV commercials.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Whos Ken Hensley, and A Rock N Roll Adventure ? I have the others, Im looking to build my Jorn collection haha. I always see those Vagabond cds on ebay or amazon but they are too expensive and they arent even that good.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:17 am

Ken Hensley used to be in Uriah Heep. Jorn sign for him some times when he is doin' his solo gigs.

A Rock 'n' Roll Adventure is a local gig where local musicians get to gether to to e great covers show. Jorn has participated several times.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:24 pm

oh ok so there wasnt any releases with him ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:27 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Nope. But if you wanna find everything he's recorded, I say good luck finding the promo single he did for KIM's potato chips!

If you want, I can send you the song he did for the Norwegian national soccer team. I should have it on a compilation CD here somewhere.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:30 am

Let me try this again, I typed all this and now have to start over because my server screwed up on me Mad ):

That'd be sweet! I really love Aeronautics (not a weak track IMO) and hope with Jorn's return we can get more of that. The debut is good but for some reason doesn't jell with these ears that much and I don't find myself going back to it often. The third one had some great songs on it but I only found myself really digging about half of the album. DiMeo did a very capable job and in many places sounded very similar to Jorn IMO. However, Jorn has a certain quality to his voice that can't be duplicated (don't ask my what it is, I've never been able to pinpoint it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:23 pm

kmorg wrote:

Nope. But if you wanna find everything he's recorded, I say good luck finding the promo single he did for KIM's potato chips!

If you want, I can send you the song he did for the Norwegian national soccer team. I should have it on a compilation CD here somewhere.

Haha no I dont want to go that crazy. I just want regular studio albums. If you can send me that song that would be great!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 pm

So I just read on blabbermouth that Jorn has left Masterplan again?!!!??? I was really looking forward to another album with Jorn and it to be better than Time To Be King...oh well

Multinational melodic metallers MASTERPLAN have revealed their new band lineup.

Joining recently announced new drummer Martin "Marthus" Skaroupka (CRADLE OF FILTH) are vocalist Rick Altzi (AT VANCE, SANDALINAS, THUNDERSTONE), who replaces Jorn Lande, and bassist Jari Kainulainen (STRATOVARIUS, SYMFONIA, DEVIL'S TRAIN).

The band is currently recording the follow-up to its 2010 album, "Time To Be King", for a March 2013 release via AFM Records.

MASTERPLAN's new lineup:

Rick Altzi - vocals
Roland Grapow - guitars
Axel Mackenrott - keyboards
Jari Kainulainen - bass
Martin "Marthus" Skaroupka - drums

Back in March, Grapow revealed that he had 15 songs written for MASTERPLAN's next album. He added, "We are looking for a more powerful album this time... still with great melodies and feelings, but also with more orchestration and faster stuff again… just more metal."

In an August 2011 interview with the Czech web portal Kultura21.cz, Grapow stated about the status of the songwriting sessions for the next MASTERPLAN album, "This time we tried not to make demo productions, which have a poor sound — so we wanted to make really nice pre-production [recordings] which sound very close to the album sound, which is very easy [to do] in my studio now. I think we have many, many new ideas which, I guess, are a little bit more modern and more aggressive as well. So we try not to follow any trends of MASTERPLAN — I'm not saying we're reproducing the first album or the third one or the fifth one. I think we always have to try to make some surprises for the people. The 'Time To Be King' album is great, but this new album sounds a bit different again. I always want to do this, because I'm not that kind of guy who wants to make every year the same album."

On the topic of MASTERPLAN's numerous lineup changes, Grapow said, "I think it's always difficult in this band, I guess. If you see, the first album just came out after a big turbulence — leaving HELLOWEEN, Uli [Kusch, drums] and me. I think this band always needs some very bad moments to some great songs. [laughs] And it looks like MASTERPLAN, basically, is my main band, and whoever will sing and whoever will play in the band, I'm happy with. But, basically, at the moment, I'm thinking the main songwriters are Axel now and me. So whatever happens, this band will continue. It's very important for me to show that we still have the power and the ability to write beautiful melodies and some aggression and rock and metal songs. Whatever we do, we want just to make good-quality stuff."

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 pm

wow. how many times can someone leave the same band?

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Quote :
So I just read on blabbermouth that Jorn has left Masterplan again?!!!??? I was really looking forward to another album with Jorn and it to be better than Time To Be King...oh well

This! Time To Be King is good and all, but not to the point of the first two. Hopefully despite this, the music will still be better and the replacement vocalist doens't dissapoint too much (he wasn't too bad in Thunderstone, despite my great dissapointment in the album).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:02 pm

exact33 wrote:

There really should be a limit. I can't keep up with whos in what band anymore.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 pm

exact33 wrote:

There really should be a limit. I can't keep up with whos in what band anymore.

yep. It is kinda crazy.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:24 am

This surprised me too, as I was under the impression that everything was fine this time around. Roland even stated that Masterplan w/o Jorn was not going to happen again. This sucks.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:21 pm

kmorg wrote:
This surprised me too, as I was under the impression that everything was fine this time around. Roland even stated that Masterplan w/o Jorn was not going to happen again. This sucks.

Yea I remember him saying that too and Jorn even said he liked the direction of the next album. Nothing was even announced that he was left again which is even more strange.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:21 pm

kmorg wrote:

Yea I remember him saying that too and Jorn even said he liked the direction of the next album. Nothing was even announced that he was left again which is even more strange.

jorn never seems to be able to stay in one place. Its too bad really - they had some great chemistry but Ill wait to see what the new guy brings.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???   Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masterplan... Is Jorn coming back???
Page 1 of 1