Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer

Go down 
+24
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
exact33
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Troublezone
thejokeriv
nevermore
Witchfinder
Vexer6
pdf0427
mikeinfla
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Glower
the sentinel
glassprison
muckie
Fat Freddy
John Madden
manny
Gilbert
brokentulsa
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Empty
PostSubject: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 1:15 am

Ratt‘s former and long-time frontman Stephen Pearcy has apparently just posted a photo on Facebook of him, bassist Juan Croucier, guitarists Warren DeMartini and Carlos Cavazo, and reportedly drummer Greg D’Angelo (White Lion).

Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Ratt-photo-1-e1469910924621

http://sleazeroxx.com/are-the-ratt-classic-line-up-members-reuniting-minus-bobby-blotzer/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 1:20 am

Good! Hopefully!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 7:26 am

It seems Bobby Blotzer is the problem, because I believe Warren DeMartini and Juan Crouchier also had an issue with Blotzer's scab version of Ratt, but if Blotzer owns the name I wonder how they will pull this off, or do they all own the name? I guess they could tour and record as the Real Ratt
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 8:25 am

Pearcy's voice is shot.No way around that,live.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 9:13 am

I suppose this was inevitable...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 9:15 am

Infestation was one of the best comeback albums from a veteran HR/HM band for sure. If they can do another one of those, then it wouldn't be such a bad thing. I'd even say Infestation was more consistent than a lot of their post-Out of the Cellar albums.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am

I hope they are able to release the material they recorded (or started recording) as a follow-up to Infestation. As evidenced by some of his most recent solo material these past two years, Stephen can still make his voice work in the studio.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 9:47 pm

I hope so. A new studio album would be welcomed in the Sentinel household.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:56 am

Anybody read the book " Tales Of A Ratt " by Blotzer yet ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 7:04 am

Glower wrote:
Anybody read the book " Tales Of A Ratt " by Blotzer yet ?

No, but I've read Pearcy's book, which makes Blotzer out to be quite the delusional, egotistical douche.

I'm sure Blotzer's book sez the same kind of things about Pearcy Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 7:58 am

Bigger fued?

Pearcy vs. Blotzer?

Dokken vs. Lynch?

I vote for Don and George cuz that one has actually involved fists and not just words.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 3:29 pm

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. That pic of Pearcy with the other Ratt guys was taken at Lonn (RIP Magazine) Friend's birthday party. It could mean something, but it could also mean nothing.

Meanwhile, Metal Sludge reports that Bobby Blotzer's Ratt walked offstage after only three songs in Oklahoma over this past weekend.... Blotz then posted a rant on social media about the sound being "disasteriously (sic) bad" and said his drum kit was set up incorrectly on stage.

Apparently Warrant (who were also on the bill) got up and played their set, and then Blotz & Co. came back out and finished theirs after the sound was "radically adjusted."

To add insult to injury, Bobby apparently fell off the drum riser during his initial dramatic exit, which he described as "road wear." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 8:43 am

Metal Sludge reported this morning that there seems to be trouble brewin' in Blotzer-Ratt Land:

Multiple sources close to Bobby Blotzer’s ‘Ratt’ camp are alleging that every member but the singer are set to jump ship. Including some crew members as well.

A source close to the members themselves is claiming that all but Josh Alan have already given notice that they will leave Blotzer’s version of Ratt in September.

The source also notes that current tour manager (Craig Bradford) has also given a similar notice.

Metal Sludge reached out to Bradford directly but he has yet to reply.

We also reached out to fill-in bassist Robbie Crane and his exact reply was “No Habla ingles…”

Crane is a member of Black Star Riders and agreed to play select tour dates this summer while his band was in-between recordings after Scotty Griffin (Ex-L.A. Guns) parted ways with the current lineup.

A secondary source who requests that he not be named, echoed similar details that things are not well on the inside and that multiple components are likely to change in the near future.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Huh? People wanting to get far away from BB. That never happens.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 10:13 am

First Ratt jumps off the sinking S.S. Blotzer...

Quote :
Bobby Blotzer's RATT has parted ways with guitarist Nicholas "Blaze" Baum.

Said Blotzer in a statement on Facebook: "While we are shocked and saddened by the events that led up to his departure and do not agree with the manner and time frame in which he chose to let us know, in that only giving us only two days for his replacement, we all can live with his decision to move on with his career and wish him the best in the future in country music."

He added: "RATT will, with great integrity, rear up on its back legs with its head high and come out to Sturgis at the Buffalo Chip in front of 35,000 fans this Thursday then Montana Rockin' The Rivers festival with 20,000 Friday kicking all kinds of ass as always.
"We know you understand that things don't always end up the way we'd like them to. But, know that we have high expectations and want that to translate to the stage with the best players as always."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 1:22 pm

They should get the original band back together minus Pearcy and use Blotzer's singer. Pearcy is HORRIBLE now. Blotzer's singer blows him away at this point.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 10:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
First Ratt jumps off the sinking S.S. Blotzer...

Quote :
Bobby Blotzer's RATT has parted ways with guitarist Nicholas "Blaze" Baum.

Said Blotzer in a statement on Facebook: "While we are shocked and saddened by the events that led up to his departure and do not agree with the manner and time frame in which he chose to let us know, in that only giving us only two days for his replacement, we all can live with his decision to move on with his career and wish him the best in the future in country music."

He added: "RATT will, with great integrity, rear up on its back legs with its head high and come out to Sturgis at the Buffalo Chip in front of 35,000 fans this Thursday then Montana Rockin' The Rivers festival with 20,000 Friday kicking all kinds of ass as always.
"We know you understand that things don't always end up the way we'd like them to. But, know that we have high expectations and want that to translate to the stage with the best players as always."

That is hilarious, he referred to the guitarist in this scab version of Ratt and career in the same sentence
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 2:22 pm

Another one gone...

Quote :
Bobby Blotzer's RATT has parted ways with bassist Robbie Crane. He is the second member to exit the band after guitarist Nicholas "Blaze" Baum's departure from the group was announced by Blotzer.

In a Facebook post, Crane says: "As of today, I have resigned my position as the bass player of Bobby Blotzer's band RATT.

"While the events of the past few weeks did play a small role in my decision, I feel like it's time for me move on and focus on the positive things in my life.

"I wish Bobby the best in the future, and thank Warren [DeMartini], Stephen [Pearcy], Robbin [Crosby] and Juan [Croucier] for writing the great songs that afforded me the opportunity to live the dream. Thank you for understanding and supporting me in my decision."

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 9:30 am

For some reason, Michael Sweet of Stryper felt the need to comment on the RATT debacle via Twitter.

...you know your band's ship is sinking if Mr. Nice Guy Sweet sez you're "dragging the name through the mud." Laughing very hard

Quote :
I wish these guys all the best and hope they can resolve their issues. Ratt was a house band at Gazzarri's when Stryper was a house band. Blotzer wasn't in the band at the time and they were amazing.
I used to chat with all of them back in the day and they were great guys. I think it's sad and unfortunate when a member of a band (who isn't really even an original mind you) decides to drag the name and reputation of the band through the mud because he feels he has the right to do so.
I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing what RATT (NOT BB's version) does - One of my favorite bands from the 80's and here's to more:-)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/stryper-frontman-slams-bobby-blotzer-for-dragging-ratts-name-and-reputation-through-the-mud/

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 11:16 am

Stacey Blades (ex-LA Guns lead guitar) and Todd Kerns (Slash's bassist) are filling in the recently vacated positions in Blotz's Ratt if anyone cares.

Quote :
Blotzer wasn't in the band at the time
Hmmm, I didn't realize Blotzer wasn't an original member. I guess I just assumed he was there from the beginning. Nifty.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Michael Sweet lame
Interesting thing about BB Ratt...People can say what they want but the tour is going good and they are playing to packed houses...and alot of people are starting to think that Josh Allen is a better vocalist than Pearcy is..
Here is the real question..
Since the courts awarded Blotzer the name 'RATT' and the courts still back that decision through multiple court challenges by the other members of the original Ratt can Pearcy and the others even come back as "RATT" or would they have to return under a different name?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 4:23 pm

They could always go back to the old "Mickey Ratt" name ...

...or maybe "Rattt," with three "t's" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 3:52 pm

I am not a lawyer but since Stephen Pearcy could prove with pics, maybe fliers that Blotzer was not with them in club days, he was not a songwriter, of course maybe they did that and the judge told Pearcy to f**k off.

The hell with Blotzer, there are three out of five of the Ratt's classic line up, and Blotzer talks about Pearcy's vocals, but fat boy is not exactly John Bonham.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 6:58 pm

http://metalsludge.tv/rat-dragon-cartel-doc-ellis-leaves-bobby-blotzers-ratt/

Guitarist "Doc" Ellis has jumped off of the sinking Ratt ship now too.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:12 pm

http://metalsludge.tv/bobby-blotzer-announces-new-ratt-line-up-of-players-going-forward/

Blotzer announces his new scabs -- I mean, RATT lineup - just in case you need to update your score card:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer   Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is The Real Ratt coming back?..minus Blotzer
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next