Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Metal Thoughts

Go down 
+37
bgsully
exact33
choosemetal
brokentulsa
stormspell
Olafsto
metalken
Citanul
Sword Of The Heretic
DallasBlack
assault_attack
Required Fields
glassprison
James B.
DakotaRogers
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
chewie
akeldama
tohostudios
Eyesore
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
Gilbert
Runicen
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 3:25 am

I've finally lost any lingering respect for a magazine that used to be my bible growing up with the news that Kerrang gave their 'Best Live Band' award to.............

Black Veil f*%king Brides!!!!!!!!   Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 3:38 pm

killen is the best!!!

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Killen is the greatest band in the history of metal
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 10:47 am

So if you wake up
wearing a denim vest
and studded wristbands...
Is it "morning wood" or is
it "morning metal"

thinking

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Remember the early 2000s when Deadline Records released all those cheapie "tribute" albums performed by rotating casts of out-of-work hair metal dudes, and though most of the covers were played straight, there'd be one totally random "industrial dance remix" jammed in the middle of the running order? Those were fricking hilarious.

As evidence I offer Def Leppard's "Rock Rock Till You Drop," re-imagined as a techno-dance rave-up with Kevin DuBrow (!) on vocals. Try not to spit your beverage all over your monitor.

Oh yea, I have quite a few of those Deadline comps and all of those dance remixes are just absolutely horrible. I never understood who exactly they were trying to appeal to with those. When I started ripping those discs to my computer, I made sure NOT to rip those tunes. I don't want them to even show up accidentally in a playlist.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 6:22 pm

"Rattlehead" should've been the opening track on KIMB. That song is a thrash classic and is a lot better than Metallica's "Whiplash".

The classical intro was great (stolen from Alice Cooper?) but "Loved to Deth" wasn't a strong enough track to open the album.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
"Rattlehead" should've been the opening track on KIMB.  That song is a thrash classic and is a lot better than Metallica's "Whiplash".

The classical intro was great (stolen from Alice Cooper?) but "Loved to Deth" wasn't a strong enough track to open the album.

I can agree with this.  Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 506406
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 7:24 pm

There is sooo much great Metal I haven't heard yet and every time I visit Youtube I seem to find another band from the 80's I never heard of until now. I'm listening to one right now as I type this: Spitfire - First Attack.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 7:43 pm

i love the smell of spandex in the morning

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 8:00 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
"Rattlehead" should've been the opening track on KIMB.  That song is a thrash classic and is a lot better than Metallica's "Whiplash".

Rattlehead is probably my favorite song from that album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I love Rattlehead but I would have opened the album with Skull Beneath the Skin purely because it had the best intro ever, I love that song.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 4:48 pm

I am now certain that this is the most beautiful song of the 21st century:

Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Why won't any Metal bands come to the Florida panhandle? Sad
.......was it something I said?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Lonely is the Word...got to be the saddest sound I ever heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 8:34 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Lonely is the Word...got to be the saddest sound I ever heard.

and 1 is the loneliest number.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 8:45 pm

And nuthin' from nuthin' is nuthin'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 8:55 pm

the sentinel wrote:
And nuthin' from nuthin' is nuthin'.

"...and my zero to your power of 10 equals nothing at all."

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 11:45 am

"But you're wrong, Steve: you see, it's only solitaire." Laughing

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Damn, the Quireboys have a lot of albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:54 pm

Runicen wrote:
"But you're wrong, Steve: you see, it's only solitaire."   Laughing

I love that song, one of the best tunes I can think of that's less than 2 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 9:04 pm

James Hetfield got his early vocal style from this:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 9:16 pm

the sentinel wrote:

But the only ones I would consider essential are the first two. I've got 'em all but those two are easily the ones I spin the most.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 11:07 pm

If 6 was 9
thinking

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 11:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

But the only ones I would consider essential are the first two.  I've got 'em all but those two are easily the ones I spin the most.

I only have the first one and I love it so I have been on the hunt online for more as of late. They never really seem to pop up in the used bins though at the few brick and mortar locations I frequent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 1:19 am

James B. wrote:
If 6 was 9
thinking

Easy Rider soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Metal Thoughts
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next