Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Metal Thoughts

Go down 
+37
bgsully
exact33
choosemetal
brokentulsa
stormspell
Olafsto
metalken
Citanul
Sword Of The Heretic
DallasBlack
assault_attack
Required Fields
glassprison
James B.
DakotaRogers
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
chewie
akeldama
tohostudios
Eyesore
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
Gilbert
Runicen
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Random Metal Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:42 am

Listening to 'Among The Living'...Joey Belladonna sucks.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:04 am

Can't wait for the new Anthrax...Joey Belladonna rules.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:18 am

This year has been a very slow year for new releases. I haven't bought anything in a month.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:18 am

I was just noticing as I was taking my walk cranking 'ATL' in my earbuds...he always sounds like he's struggling to keep up with the pace...he sounds rushed and out of key a lot of times...no intensity and no power. Why Anthrax are a Big 4 band over Exodus or Testament is a mystery to me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:23 am

Witchfinder wrote:
This year has been a very slow year for new releases.  I haven't bought anything in a month.  

Agreed. Coming up on mid-year already and I've only purchased 10 2015 releases, with not many more on the horizon.

Shawn of Fire wrote:
Why Anthrax are a Big 4 band over Exodus or Testament is a mystery to me.

I've always thought that in regards to the other 3 of the Big 4, Joey was unique that he was a real singer in a thrash band, not just a screamer or shouter.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
This year has been a very slow year for new releases.  I haven't bought anything in a month.  

Agreed. Coming up on mid-year already and I've only purchased 10 2015 releases, with not many more on the horizon.

Shawn of Fire wrote:
Why Anthrax are a Big 4 band over Exodus or Testament is a mystery to me.

I've always thought that in regards to the other 3 of the Big 4, Joey was unique that he was a real singer in a thrash band, not just a screamer or shouter.

Are there any major releases coming out this year. We've got Armored Saint next week, and I am looking forward to Orchid's new EP that's been pushed back to July. What else is there? Anthrax maybe? Testament?
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:36 am

I really want to hear the new FNM, but I'm also half afraid to pick it up in case it blows yaks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:37 am

I've only picked up one new release this year. I hope to change that with the new Armored Saint.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:57 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Are there any major releases coming out this year.  We've got Armored Saint next week, and I am looking forward to Orchid's new EP that's been pushed back to July.  What else is there?  Anthrax maybe?  Testament?  

The only new releases I have on my want-list for now are:
Armored Saint
Art of Anarchy (that Scott Weiland debacle)
Freedom Hawk (06.23)
Night Flight Orchestra (06.09?)
Slayer (09.11)
Atomic B*tchwax (out now)

There are probably some others that haven't been announced yet or that I'm forgetting. I haven't heard if the new Anthrax will be this year or not. Maybe in the fall? Megadeth maybe too, if they're in the studio now. I'll probably get Whitesnake's Purple Album at some point too, but I'm in no rush for that one.

EDIT: I see that The Vintage Caravan has a new one out next week (Thanks SpringOzzy). I dig these guys, so that's going on the list, STAT!

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed May 27, 2015 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:12 pm

I always thought that anthrax are a bit overrated. I mean I own most of their catalogue and do enjoy some of their songs. But they are way behind bands like testament, exodus and overkill.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm

New helloween is out too. Hope it's a good one. I loved their last couple of releases.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Gilbert wrote:
New helloween is out too. Hope it's a good one. I loved their last couple of releases.

Oh yeah ! I forgot about that one. That's on the want list.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:18 pm

I need more Overkill CDs.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:28 pm

I think 1997 was the year that metal began its comeback from the underground.

Overkill - From The Underground And Below
Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth
Judas Priest - Jugulator
Megadeth - Cryptic Writings
Exodus - Another Lesson In Violence
Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory
Saxon - Unleash The Beast

Things didn't seem so grim anymore with these releases hitting the market. Also, the Kiss reunion was still going strong and Black Sabbath had reunited.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:29 pm

I wish there was a new Destruction album coming out. Spiritual Genocide was killer IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:34 pm

1996 wasn't too shabby either:

Accept – Predator
Arch Enemy - Black Earth
Ayreon - Actual Fantasy
Bathory - Blood on Ice
Behemoth - Grom
Bruce Dickinson - Skunkworks
Cannibal Corpse - Vile
Cathedral - Supernatural Birth Machine
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Dio - Angry Machines
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Helloween - The Time Of The Oath
Hypocrisy - Abducted
In Flames - The Jester Race
Iced Earth - The Dark Saga
King Diamond – The Graveyard
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Manowar - Louder Than Hell
My Dying Bride - Like Gods of the Sun
Nevermore - The Politics of Ecstasy
Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood
Opeth - Morningrise
Overkill – The Killing Kind
Sepultura - Roots
Sentenced - Down
Stratovarius - Episode
Theatre of Tragedy - Velvet Darkness They Fear

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Listening to 'Among The Living'...Joey Belladonna sucks.

No way. He was awesome on STD. It was that atonal music with those clumsy transitions that makes it so hard to sing over.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I was just noticing as I was taking my walk cranking 'ATL' in my earbuds...he always sounds like he's struggling to keep up with the pace...he sounds rushed and out of key a lot of times...no intensity and no power. Why Anthrax are a Big 4 band over Exodus or Testament is a mystery to me.

Sales.

Joey's voice is more palatable than Souza/Baloff.

Testament sounded too much like a combo between Metallica and Slayer and lacked originality.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Bingo. And a great one at that.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Are there any major releases coming out this year.  We've got Armored Saint next week, and I am looking forward to Orchid's new EP that's been pushed back to July.  What else is there?  Anthrax maybe?  Testament?  

Yeah.  Anthrax.  Testament.  Slayer.  Iron Maiden.  Queensryche.  Megadeth.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Wed May 27, 2015 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I think 1997 was the year that metal began its comeback from the underground.

Overkill - From The Underground And Below
Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth
Judas Priest - Jugulator
Megadeth - Cryptic Writings
Exodus - Another Lesson In Violence
Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory
Saxon - Unleash The Beast

Things didn't seem so grim anymore with these releases hitting the market.  Also, the Kiss reunion was still going strong and Black Sabbath had reunited.

Agreed!

And Death metal was getting more brutal and interesting as well.

Prog metal/power metal came back with bands like Hammerfall.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
1996 wasn't too shabby either:
Iced Earth - The Dark Saga
King Diamond – The Graveyard

TDS is a HORRIBLE album. Even by ICED EARTH standards. One of the most boring metal albums ever.

I love "The Graveyard" and think it may be my favorite KD from start to finish, right up there with Abigail even though he is singing much lower on that album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:41 pm

1997 was a great year... I remember thinking that it was the first year in quite a while where it felt like something was "happening" in the metal scene.

I can take or leave Among the Living nowadays. I played it so much back in the day that I think I just made myself sick of it. I always preferred Spreading the Disease anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Hate Dark Saga.

Hate Joey.

Disease > ATL

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

TDS is a HORRIBLE album.  Even by ICED EARTH standards.  One of the most boring metal albums ever.

I agree. My least favorite Iced Earth by far.

Fat Freddy wrote:
I always preferred Spreading the Disease anyway.

Yes. I like Among The Living but Spreading The Disease is far superior.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Metal Thoughts
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next