Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Metal Thoughts

Go down 
+37
bgsully
exact33
choosemetal
brokentulsa
stormspell
Olafsto
metalken
Citanul
Sword Of The Heretic
DallasBlack
assault_attack
Required Fields
glassprison
James B.
DakotaRogers
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
chewie
akeldama
tohostudios
Eyesore
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
Gilbert
Runicen
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 4:02 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I just got the new Classic Rock Magazine in the mail today and the first article I read was about Matthew Trippe, the guy who claims he was Nikki Sixx replacement in Crue in the early eighties; and then claimed he was actually Nikki. Excellent article!

That whole story was just bizarre. Here's a really long interview with Trippe I watched a while back, had no idea until now while looking it up that he had passed-away.

https://vimeo.com/50192934
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 8:38 pm

Wurthless wrote:
more of a random prog rock thought, but when i die i wanna come back as a mellotron.

I Freakin' LOVE the 'tron! Listen to Tuesday Afternoon by the Moody Blues with headphones on and you will be blown away!

Check out this place(if you haven't already):
Planet Mellotron
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 8:55 pm

chewie wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
more of a random prog rock thought, but when i die i wanna come back as a mellotron.

I Freakin' LOVE the 'tron! Listen to Tuesday Afternoon by the Moody Blues with headphones on and you will be blown away!

Planet Mellotron

I love the Moody Blues! Days of Future Past is mindblowing (as well as like the next 6 or 7 albums).

I'm checking that site out now and holy hell! That must be so much work to compile all of that. Sometimes I'll be listening to an album I've had for a long time and notice some mellotron as a minor texture in a song that I never heard before... I imagine combing through music for that would be an arduous task that's only occasionally rewarding, haha.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:06 pm

I am so metal...
When I fart it sounds
like pinch harmonics
thinking

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:07 pm

I am so metal...
I fall asleep
listening to Slayer
thinking

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:10 pm

I am so metal...
chickens & goats
sacrifice themselves
when I drive by
thinking

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:14 pm

I am so metal...
back in the 80's
everybody partied
in my parking lot
thinking

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Wurthless wrote:
chewie wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

Planet Mellotron

I love the Moody Blues! Days of Future Past is mindblowing (as well as like the next 6 or 7 albums).

I'm checking that site out now and holy hell! That must be so much work to compile all of that. Sometimes I'll be listening to an album I've had for a long time and notice some mellotron as a minor texture in a song that I never heard before... I imagine combing through music for that would be an arduous task that's only occasionally rewarding, haha.

A Moodies fan! Then you have a lot of 'tron ground covered already! Edgar Froese - Epsilon in Malaysian Pale album has a TON of tron on it.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:57 pm

James B. wrote:
I am so metal...
chickens & goats
sacrifice themselves
when I drive by
thinking

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 1:16 pm

chewie wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
chewie wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

Planet Mellotron

A Moodies fan! Then you have a lot of 'tron ground covered already! Edgar Froese - Epsilon in Malaysian Pale album has a TON of tron on it.

I'm fairly familiar with Tangerine Dream's early 70s output, but had to look up Edgar Froese to find out that he was in that group. I'll have to check that out while doing some homework or something, I really like ambient music for reading/writing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Metal Thoughts
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18