Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Metal Thoughts

Go down 
+37
bgsully
exact33
choosemetal
brokentulsa
stormspell
Olafsto
metalken
Citanul
Sword Of The Heretic
DallasBlack
assault_attack
Required Fields
glassprison
James B.
DakotaRogers
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
chewie
akeldama
tohostudios
Eyesore
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
Gilbert
Runicen
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Did any other 80s metal bands benefit more from the 90s metal slump than Overkill, Testament and Saxon?  All three persevered and released quality albums during that  90s without altering their sound drastically (Demonic being the exception). Did any other band do this and have as much success?

Dude, f'n 'I Hear Black' and 'Low' are two of my favorite 90s albums...killer stuff!!!

I love Low. I Hear Black , not so much.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:14 pm

U.D.O. needs to stop releasing live albums. Sh*t's getting out of hand. He released one last year and has a new one coming out this year.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Cheap Trick's Heaven Tonight is one of the best rock albums of the 70s with only "On the Radio" being a less than great song.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:19 pm

There's a new Rainbow box set coming out from the Down to Earth line up. I already have a decent boot from that tour so I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:20 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Cheap Trick's Heaven Tonight is one of the best rock albums of the 70s with only "On the Radio" being a less than great song.

That's my fave CT album mostly b/c of the cover of the Move's California Man.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Bands playing '80s style metal are every bit as 'retro' as '70s style bands and neither is a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:25 pm

the sentinel wrote:

That's my fave CT album mostly b/c of the cover of the Move's California Man.
Great song.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:43 pm

Here's one you'll love: Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part III blows the first two away.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 4:16 am

Eyesore wrote:
Here's one you'll love: Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part III blows the first two away.

Said no one ever!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:19 am

Speaking of Helloween, Straight out of Hell was a letdown after the great 7 Sinners.

Death Angel was much better when they were mixing it up (Act III) than when they play it straight (The Dream Calls for Blood).

Despite its complexity, Dark Angel's Time Does Not Heal has plenty of hooks and melody. Leave Scars does not.

Metal Church's albums with Howe are superior to those with Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 8:00 am

The Human Factor was always my favorite MC album.

I wish Dangerous Toys would put out some new material
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:00 am

Listening to new mixes of my Metal album this morning...stoked!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:02 am

Piece Of Mind might just be the greatest Maiden album, and one of the greatest Metal albums period.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:05 am

The Devil You Know vs 13 - the greater of the two is 13 IMHO. Still nowhere near the absolute greatness of the first 8.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:09 am

Thelemech wrote:
The Devil You Know vs 13 - the greater of the two is 13 IMHO. Still nowhere near the absolute greatness of the first 8.

The Devil You Know IMO is so much better than 13...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:13 am

Metal Church's albums with Howe are superior to those with Wayne.

Agreed. The Human Factor is one of the best metal albums ever made, I think.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:15 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Thelemech wrote:

Agreed.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:36 am

Thelemech wrote:
Piece Of Mind might just be the greatest Maiden album, and one of the greatest Metal albums period.
Piece of Mind is actually my least favorite of the 80s Dickinson albums. I mean, I love it, but I love the others more.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:14 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
And my "metal thought"?  Alice Cooper would have been a blip on the radar without Hunter/Wagner.

Completely disagree, first Alice had a great career with the band, and Alice is talented man in his own right, who knew great songwriters when he meet them, Dick Wagner and Alice immediately struck up a creative partnership in terms of songs.

Now if you had said Alice would have been a blip on the radar if he had not meet Bob Ezrin, I would not only agree with that, so would Alice has he said many times himself.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:38 am

akeldama wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Thelemech wrote:

Agreed.

That's not even a real question, is it? 13 was a better-than-I-expected record that is still really just a novelty. The Devil You Know is a legitimately great record and was probably my favorite that year (what year it was, I now forget).
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:55 am

I love the L.A. Guns debut. Damn fine album.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:57 am

Mob Rules>Heaven and Hell

While some of Dio's solo stuff is great, his best work was with Sabbath and Rainbow

Stargazer and Gates of Babylon are two of the best epics ever.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:03 am

Mob Rules>Heaven and Hell

While some of Dio's solo stuff is great, his best work was with Sabbath and Rainbow

Stargazer and Gates of Babylon are two of the best epics ever.

Absolutely! Agree with every bit.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:12 am

Not many people like Helloween's Chameleon , but I do. Very good album for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:41 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Said no one ever!

I just said it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Metal Thoughts
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next