Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced

Go down 
+31
Thrasher73
nevermore
thejokeriv
glassprison
metalinmyveins
manny
corplhicks
Vexer6
Eyesore
ultmetal
James B.
Thelemech
Boris2008
DakotaRogers
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
John Madden
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Troublezone
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
choosemetal
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
muckie
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 8:31 am

Lurideath wrote:
 The cover artwork on the other hand is KILLER!!!  Best cover art they have had in a long time.

I think so too...

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This should go over well at Walmart. Here's the new album cover...

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Slayerrepentlesscover

Let the pissing and moaning about that begin!! Twisted Evil

Kinda looks slapped together IMO. A Photoshop mess. Is it suppose to be bits and pieces from past album covers?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:52 am

Best album cover in a while, for sure. That isn't saying much. Actually, even most of the records I loved the most from Slayer didn't have very spectacular album covers.

There's nothing wrong with the cover, per se. It certainly wouldn't prompt me to pick it up if I was just digging through metal CDs and for some reason didn't know who Slayer was. But it gets the point of the band across, for sure.

Also, I have recently discovered, every time a Slayer song pops up on my iPod, that of all the bands I really loved in my metal formative years, Slayer is the only one I have seem to truly outgrown. Like the whole thing just sounds juvenile to me. Only records that I really ever care to hear anything from these days are Divine Intervention and Diabolus. And that's pretty rare as it is.

I can't imagine that once it's released, I will even hear much of this new record.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:23 am

Quote :
Is it suppose to be bits and pieces from past album covers?

That's kind of how it looks, ain't it? Didn't think of that.

I still think it looks cool.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:28 am

Doesn't look slapped together to me. I dig it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:54 am

Now that I have seen the insulting cover art, I am not buying it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 pm

I think its good even if it is slapped together. I hope its better than the last 2 songs they have released that are supposedly different versions than what is on the album. Friday we get another new song!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 12:44 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Also, I have recently discovered, every time a Slayer song pops up on my iPod, that of all the bands I really loved in my metal formative years, Slayer is the only one I have seem to truly outgrown. Like the whole thing just sounds juvenile to me. Only records that I really ever care to hear anything from these days are Divine Intervention and Diabolus. And that's pretty rare as it is.

It seems to be the exact opposite to me. I almost never listen to Metallica, Megadeth or Anthrax any more, but Slayer for whatever reason still sounds good when the mood hits. I also stopped buying new releases from the other 3 of the big 4 in the early 90s, but I kept buying Slayer albums.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Slayer, for better or worse, stayed raw and ugly. The other 3, for better or worse, got more melodic and slick.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 2:34 pm

I like it. But they shouldn't have put that dude to the left of the head, makes him look like a gnome from hell or something. And is it just me or does the gnome dude look a lot like KK?
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 5:12 pm

I think it looks really cool.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 5:42 pm

I find nothing offensive about it. Nor Kerry's comment about Jeff. I have all respect for JH, but Kerry's comments are funny as hell and akin to something he would have said back in the 80's.

Anyway, this cover art is no more offensive than any other album art they've released.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:08 pm

If you want to act so coldly towards someone you've worked with for 32 years, and use their death as some sort of vehicle for your big bad atheist routine, that's whatever.

But surely Jeff's family doesn't want to hear him being referred to as "worm food," even if it's the (brutal) reality.

I bet he'd be rolling in his grave if he seen the lyrics to this so-called "Hannemanthem".
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:13 pm

I would assume Jeff is not worm food. He would either have been embalmed or cremated, neither of which yields suitable food for worms.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 9:00 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Now that I have seen the insulting cover art, I am not buying it.

Really?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 9:19 pm

I remember a whole bunch of people complaining about the "Christ Illusion" artwork as well.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:21 am

Complaining about Slayer cover art is like complaining that your hair got wet when you went out in the rain...what did you expect?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:04 am

Quote :
what did you expect?

Apparently Gilbert was expecting rainbows and cute fuzzy bunnies. Smile

Quote :
I remember a whole bunch of people complaining about the "Christ Illusion" artwork as well.

I wasn't offended by the Christ Illusion cover, but I did think it was amateur looking and ugly as hell. Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 am

His comments are bit insensitive but I doubt any of these men took any sensitivity training. Plus Jeff and Kerry King have known each other for over 30 plus years so I am sure these comments would not have surprised him.

As far as the album cover, its Slayer for God's sake (ooops)
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:50 am

Had to google the cover to Christ Illusion. Damn that was ugly.

For reals, guys...Slayer has terrible albums cover. I think Live Undead is probably the only thing that I think had a cool cover. Hell Awaits is cool too, and a good representation of their whole vibe.

I think I probably liked Megadeth's covers the best of the big four. Though I've always really liked the cover for Spreading the Disease.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:04 am

IMO, the only Slayer cover that really looks amateur is Show No Mercy. Looks like 8th grade art class. Other than that, I don't see the issue with any of their covers. I may like some more than others, but none of them suck.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am

My favorite is "Divine Intervention"

It makes the point they are conveying without trying too hard.

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 12:21 pm

That run of covers from Reign In Blood thru Seasons In The Abyss I always found interesting, it was a different artistic style than many other bands were going with. This new cover seems like a conscious return to the look of those.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 12:25 pm

I think this is probably their best album cover ever, but I do really like the Divine Intervention cover too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Anyone offended by that cover should never have been listening to Slayer in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next