Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced

Go down 
+31
Thrasher73
nevermore
thejokeriv
glassprison
metalinmyveins
manny
corplhicks
Vexer6
Eyesore
ultmetal
James B.
Thelemech
Boris2008
DakotaRogers
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
John Madden
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Troublezone
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
choosemetal
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
muckie
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Does anyone know if all the tunes are written by Kerry?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:38 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:

I think I read where some of Jeff's riffs will be included, but they will be played by Kerry/Gary.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I think I read where some of Jeff's riffs will be included, but they will be played by Kerry/Gary.

Gotcha. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:40 pm

Honestly, it's no more silly a title than South Of Heaven or Haunting The Chapel...it's just Slayer.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Cool. I dug World Painted Blood, hopefully this will be another winner.

I loved that one too .... this one was written by someone else (for the most part)!

We have heard the album .... at least two tracks of it.  Plenty of info to start discussing our expectations.

I think Kerry King is functionally illiterate.  I have nothing against that if he would write better songs and maybe even be a bit more humble about himself.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Fri May 22, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Only one tune IIRC.

So that's scary.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:46 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I just think it's a little silly to have so many posts bagging on the album title when we haven't heard the album yet.

Don't worry. Once it's out, it will be bagged upon most repentlessly, I'm sure.

Yeah, exactly!  Give us time.  Stop putting the cart before the horse.  Razz

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Fri May 22, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:47 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Repentless also sounds like name of a 90s Gothenburg-style band and maybe for one album they got Tomas Lindberg to do the vox.

Hahaha, yeah. And every single one of those songs stunk.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:55 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Cool. I dug World Painted Blood, hopefully this will be another winner.

I loved that one too .... this one was written by someone else (for the most part)!

We have heard the album .... at least two tracks of it.  Plenty of info to start discussing our expectations.

I think Kerry King is functionally illiterate.  I have nothing against that if he would write better songs and maybe even be a bit more humble about himself.

I think Kerry may have hung out with Dimebag a little too much. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Dime's music, but the dude spoke very wacky! I think they called it "Dime-speak". It was like a redneck slang language that he made up.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:07 pm

I think it can be argued that Kerry was the least important member who contributed to SLAYER's success ... except for probably image.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Kerry is a tight rhythm player, maybe one of the best... but as a songwriter, he lacks big time!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:18 pm

How many great songs from the classic era were not written by Hanneman? My favorite Kerry song is Ghosts of War. Basically, Jeff was the guy that wrote all the best stuff. He was the creative force and heart of the band until his alcoholism ruined everything. The spider bite was the nail in the coffin...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:26 pm

How good would Ghosts or War be with Louie Clemente drumming on it? Not very!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
How good would Ghosts or War be with Louie Clemente drumming on it?  Not very!

I would still think it's a good song, just not as good as it could be...
Can't compare Louie to Dave!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:47 pm

My favorite Slayer tunes have typically been Jeff's, although I've enjoyed several of Kerry's contributions. I'm sure I'll check out the new one when it's released, but I'm not going crazy with excitement. I am, of course, willing to be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 2:05 am

Did anyone notice the release date is September 11th? Is this supposed to be some kind of tribute to the tragedy or just a shitty gimmick? I hope they have an explanation for this, given the nature of their music/lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 2:14 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Who cares about the album title?  I'm open-minded about the album and look forward to hearing it.

headbanger

Very well said. Hope we will be treated to some good riffs. It's about time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 2:36 am

muckie wrote:
Did anyone notice the release date is September 11th? Is this supposed to be some kind of tribute to the tragedy or just a shitty gimmick? I hope they have an explanation for this, given the nature of their music/lyrics.

God Hates Us All was released on September 11, 2001. And by the way, it's just a release date, I think you're reading entirely too much into it.

P.S. - The album title was evidently inspired by the title of a composition by Jeff Hanneman, Kerry said it's a tribute and a "Hannemananthem".
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 10:30 am

S.D. wrote:
Who cares about the album title?  I'm open-minded about the album and look forward to hearing it.

What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 10:36 am

Lurideath wrote:
It BETTER be good!!!

I agree to this statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 XG7hvJ9
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 7:15 pm

One of the definitions of "repent" is to "change one's mind". You mean to tell me Kerry never thought "you know I was in the mood for a ham salad, but I think I'll have a steak instead."? Based on those two shitty songs Slayer has already released,I'll bet the Madden Cruiser that it will suck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:44 pm

A couple tidbits of info about the album.

This is the first album not produced by Rick Rubin since 1986.  Terry Date & Greg Fidelman are listed as co-producers.

The single track "When The Stillness Comes" is not the same version that will be on the album.  The single was an earlier take, it was re-recorded during the album sessions.  Same goes for an older song entitled "Atrocity Vendor" (bonus track from World Painted Blood) and also the other new track "Implode" which was also re-recorded.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 9:27 pm

"Burger Vendor" is the updated version.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:37 am

I think its á stupid title, but I like the two songs I've heard so far, and that's all that matters to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next