Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced

Go down 
+31
Thrasher73
nevermore
thejokeriv
glassprison
metalinmyveins
manny
corplhicks
Vexer6
Eyesore
ultmetal
James B.
Thelemech
Boris2008
DakotaRogers
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
John Madden
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Troublezone
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
choosemetal
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
muckie
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:52 am

Despite the lame title, I'm willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. I think at this point in the game, the band knows what fans want/expect, so they're going to deliver.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 4:45 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slayers-kerry-king-doesnt-feel-jeff-hannemans-spirit-is-guiding-the-band-jeff-is-worm-food/

Wonder if he ever grows tired of being an apathetic edgelord?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 5:16 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slayers-kerry-king-doesnt-feel-jeff-hannemans-spirit-is-guiding-the-band-jeff-is-worm-food/

I'm also an atheist but that's a totally unnecessary dickhead comment Mad
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Quote :
How many great songs from the classic era were not written by Hanneman?

Well for me there were a few great ones.
"Evil Has No Boundaries"
"Show No Mercy"
"Praise of Death"
"Piece by Piece"

After the classic era I like 1 album and that is Divine Intervention and again he wrote some killer tunes.
"Dittohead"
"Sex. Murder. Art."
"Fictional Reality"
"Circle of Beliefs"

King is not a bad songwriter, but in my opinion, Slayer hasn't done much for me since 1994. A song here or there but nothing amazing to me.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

The guy is acting like an a$$. He keeps shooting his mouth off. I guess it keeps them in the Blabbermouth and other Metal press.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 6:15 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :
How many great songs from the classic era were not written by Hanneman?

Well for me there were a few great ones.
"Evil Has No Boundaries"
"Show No Mercy"
"Praise of Death"  
"Piece by Piece"  

After the classic era I like 1 album and that is Divine Intervention and again he wrote some killer tunes.
"Dittohead"
"Sex. Murder. Art."
"Fictional Reality"
"Circle of Beliefs"

King is not a bad songwriter, but in my opinion, Slayer hasn't done much for me since 1994. A song here or there but nothing amazing to me.

A lot of those songs were saved by the drumming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 6:43 pm

I think we're also missing that King has co-writing credit on all of these tracks...

The Antichrist
Metalstorm/Face The Slayer
Black Magic
The Final Command
Crionics
Chemical Warfare
Captor of Sin
Haunting The Chapel
Hell Awaits
Kill Again
Crypts of Eternity
Necrophobic
Jesus Saves
Criminally Insane
Epidemic
Silent Scream
Mandatory Suicide
Ghosts of War
Hallowed Point
Born Of Fire
Divine Intervention
SS-3
Serenity In Murder
Mind Control
Bloodline
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Sure, just don't know what/how much he contributed on there.

He can do some good stuff.  I just don't think you want him as your only songwriter.  They will definitely suffer for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Time will tell. Tom Araya said in an interview several years ago that he often worked with Jeff on his compositions, Jeff would let Tom come up with the vocal melodies and suggest arrangement touches. But he also said that King wouldn't let anyone else contribute anything to his compositions, so he had to sing whatever King handed to him and sing it the way King wanted it sung. Obviously, he preferred working with Jeff. Araya also blames the tuneless-ness of God Hates Us All to having all those Kerry King compositions and him not being able to add anything to them. That didn't exactly sound like the most conducive working arrangement and since that's the only option left to him I guess we'll really get a chance to see what Kerry has come up with once the album is released.

I have no predictions pro or con for the album, I'm just going to wait until it's released and I get a chance to hear it. As Slayer was one of the last 80s metal bands I still followed somewhat I'll give King the benefit of the doubt for now.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:24 pm

This should go over well at Walmart. Here's the new album cover...

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Slayerrepentlesscover

Let the pissing and moaning about that begin!! Twisted Evil

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

Yea, I have to agree here. Atheist or not, he could've phrased that much better than saying his former bandmate and friend is now "worm food". Keeping it classy, Kerry!

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I know, right? It's so entertaining!  I hope some of the unintentionally comical evangelicals and televangelists rant and rave about it, that's the finest comedy this side of the Three Stooges.  Evil Seed
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I know, right? It's so entertaining!  I hope some of the unintentionally comical evangelicals and televangelists rant and rave about it, that's the finest comedy this side of the Three Stooges.  Evil Seed

I wasn't even going there. I'm talking about all the wankers right here that have already dismissed the album based on one song or writing credits. Yeesh. At least wait till the thing comes out before you've decided it sucks. Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:42 pm

“'Repentless' is my Jeff tribute,“ said SLAYER’s Kerry King. “I call it the 'HannemAnthem.' It’s my perspective of Jeff’s perspective, it’s what I think...if Jeff wrote a song for himself, 'Repentless' would be it.“

Repentless

Arrogance, violence, world in disarray
Dealing with insanity every f*ckin' day
I hate the life, hate the fame, hate the f*ckin' scene
Pissing match of egos, F*ck their vanity
Ain't got the time, I don't want anything from you
Feeding on my tolerance is all you f*ckin' do
No looking back, no regrets, no apologies
What you get is what you see

Live fast, on high
Repentless, let it ride

My songs relive the atrocities
Can't take society any f*ckin' more
Intensity, anarchy, hatred amplified
Playing this shit is all that keeps me alive
I leave it all on the road living on the stage
This is my life where I kill it everyday
So take you shot, bottom's up, this is no lie
I'll be beating this guitar 'til the day I die

Live fast, on high
Repentless, let it ride

I hate the life, hate the fame, hate f*ckin' scene
Pissing match of egos, F*ck their vanity
Ain't got the time, I don't want anything from you
Feeding on my tolerance is all you f*ckin' do
No looking back, no regrets, no apologies
What you get is what you see
We're all killing ourselves a little more everyday

Live fast, on high
Repentless, let it ride
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Slayer should piss them off further by endorsing Hillary and getting gay married! That would be awesome!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Slayer should piss them off further by endorsing Hillary and getting gay married! That would be awesome!  Very Happy

To really piss them off they would endorse Bernie Sanders.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

To really piss them off they would endorse Bernie Sanders.  

That's just a throwaway vote, like Nader. It's irrelevant. I'd be shocked if anyone cared on fruitless endeavors such as those.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:32 pm

As far as big ugly red artwork is concerned, I like this better than World Painted Blood.

Unfortunately, it probably won't sound as good as that one.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 pm

C'mon Slayer that gimmick got old by 1985.

I want some great riffs and intense drumming, one can hope.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 4:15 pm

It's Slayer.....Slayer is as Slayer does.

People love when AC/DC acts like AC/DC, but Slayer acting like Slayer is "getting old"?

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Because people get offended over Slayer's shtick.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Well the lyrics to that song are probably the cheesiest ever. HAHAHA The cover artwork on the other hand is KILLER!!! Best cover art they have had in a long time.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's Slayer.....Slayer is as Slayer does.

People love when AC/DC acts like AC/DC, but Slayer acting like Slayer is "getting old"?

There is a huge difference between saying something is getting old and got old.

(IMHDO) AC/DC has sucked since 1982 and the "schoolboy" gimmick was old to me by the third time I saw them in 1979.

Slayer got old by 1985, at least to me. It's cool they are still being "SLAYER". I guess the contrived "hail satan" music/image is better than the spandex and mascara image they began with. Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:49 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
As far as big ugly red artwork is concerned, I like this better than World Painted Blood.

Unfortunately, it probably won't sound as good as that one.

Absolutely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:27 am

Is that Mr. Potato Head?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next