Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced

Go down 
+31
Thrasher73
nevermore
thejokeriv
glassprison
metalinmyveins
manny
corplhicks
Vexer6
Eyesore
ultmetal
James B.
Thelemech
Boris2008
DakotaRogers
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
John Madden
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Troublezone
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
choosemetal
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
muckie
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:00 am

Not my review but not looking good....

http://metalassault.com/album_reviews/2015/09/09/slayer-repentless/
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:22 pm

I've heard it and pretty much agree with this review. I'm not sure whether it's a mediocre album or I'm just really bored with Slayer.

And Hell Awaits still unnerves me to this day, such a great record.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Someone I am friends with on another forum has just recently written a review of the new album.
http://heavymetal.about.com/od/slayer/fl/Slayer-Repentless-Review.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Thelemech wrote:
Someone I am friends with on another forum has just recently written a review of the new album.

Araya said in an interview years ago that him and Hanneman worked on vocal melodies together and because of that it he preferred working with Jeff. But Kerry only writes solo and has very specific ideas of how the vocals should sound on those songs, so Tom performs it per Kerry's instruction. He said that's why God Hates Us All ended up being more of a "yelling" album because that's what Kerry wanted for his songs and he wrote most of that album.

Almost half of the album has been streamed online already and I'm liking it so far. The only song I didn't like was Implode and it's actually very different in the finished version than the advance copy that was released quite awhile back (but I still don't like either one).

My favorite track so far is "You Against You", after the odd meter opening segment it goes into full-bore thrash mode with several dueling guitar solos between Holt and Kerry. Holt actually kind of tips his hat to Hanneman in his solos, adding in some of the squeals and dive-bombs. It's really a throwback kind of track and sounds like it could have fit on Reign In Blood.

Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 5:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
Thelemech wrote:

Araya said in an interview years ago that him and Hanneman worked on vocal melodies together and because of that it he preferred working with Jeff.  But Kerry only writes solo and has very specific ideas of how the vocals should sound on those songs, so Tom performs it per Kerry's instruction.  He said that's why God Hates Us All ended up being more of a "yelling" album because that's what Kerry wanted for his songs and he wrote most of that album.  

Almost half of the album has been streamed online already and I'm liking it so far. The only song I didn't like was Implode and it's actually very different in the finished version than the advance copy that was released quite awhile back (but I still don't like either one).  

My favorite track so far is "You Against You", after the odd meter opening segment it goes into full-bore thrash mode with several dueling guitar solos between Holt and Kerry.  Holt actually kind of tips his hat to Hanneman in his solos, adding in some of the squeals and dive-bombs.  It's really a throwback kind of track and sounds like it could have fit on Reign In Blood.  

I find the few songs I have heard so far underwhelming to say the least but I have not written the album off due to any reviews or pre-conceived notions on what it should sound like. I will definitely be picking up a copy of it soon and will give it a good chance as I am a big fan of most Slayer excluding God Hates Us All and Christ Illusion. Heck I even liked World Painted Blood headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 3:18 am

Well, I guess for better or worse... Kerry will not repent of this album.  Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:56 am

So far, I'm liking it. Sounds like Slayer to me and that's just fine. I'm a simple man. I like my beer cold, my tv loud and Slayer to sound like, well, Slayer.

FYI... the standard jewel case version has the same track listing as the deluxe package that comes with a live dvd. So if you're like me and almost never watch those things, save yourself a few bucks and get the regular release. You're not missing any bonus tracks.

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:58 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

FYI... the standard jewel case version has the same track listing as the deluxe package that comes with a live dvd. So if you're like me and almost never watch those things, save yourself a few bucks and get the regular release. You're not missing any bonus tracks.

I went ahead and ordered the blu-ray version. It's probably still compressed to shit (CD is DR6) but at least it's hi-res brick walling.  Razz

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 81DK6vZncfL._SY355_
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Yea, I wasn't paying $18 bucks for the blu-ray either.

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, I wasn't paying $18 bucks for the blu-ray either.

I had a gift certificate left over, cost me about $3 out of pocket. My only stand-alone player is a blu-ray player at this point so it's just as easy for me to pop in a blu-ray as a CD...and they generally sound better so I'm fine with that.

My favorite review of this album from a guy on another message board:

"I would like to thank Slayer for realizing that I would be angrier at 48 than I was at 18 and releasing new music for that purpose."

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:57 pm

Yea, I probably won't be playing this in the car for the ride home tonight. It might lead to some furious raving and rampant flipping-off of other drivers. Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 19976 The Pope is coming to town in a couple of weeks. I need to be on my best behavior.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm liking the new album, overall.

I find it weird how a lot of us here praise AC/DC and Cannibal Corpse for more or less sticking to their guns and making albums that sound like they should sound, but Slayer makes an album that sounds like Slayer, and get abuse for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Required Fields wrote:

I find it weird how a lot of us here praise AC/DC and Cannibal Corpse for more or less sticking to their guns and making albums that sound like they should sound, but Slayer makes an album that sounds like Slayer, and get abuse for it.

Well at least it sounds good for those bands this is just boring and the songs aren't very good. But that's just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 12:56 am

I'll tell you what.  The song "Take Control" is f'n badass.  The throwback Show No Mercy riff, the cool way it drops in pitch in the chorus, some tasty little riff change-ups, the little bridge before the solo...and  it's a pretty good Kerry King solo too...and the riff in the last verse. Damn good Slayer song.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 2:10 am

I've listened to it once through and like it just fine. It sounds like Slayer to me.So far my favorite tracks are Cast the first Stone, Implode, and You Against You.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Required Fields wrote:

You have an odd definition of 'abuse'
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 6:48 pm

I got my copy today (with the dvd) but haven't given it a listen yet. Looking forward to hearing it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 11:37 pm

I'll just get a used copy. I know there is bound to be a bunch of them soon and I don't feel like paying full price.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 2:14 am

Troublezone wrote:
I'll just get a used copy. I know there is bound to be a bunch of them soon and I don't feel like paying full price.

right. I might do the same.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 2:35 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I thought you weren't buying it because of the cover?
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:14 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

They have changed it for gilbert......

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Slayer-Repentless-Parody-620x620
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:04 am

Dunno. I ended up buying many slayer albums but Christ illusion didn't make my collection. Not sure about this one.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:33 am

Olafsto wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

They have changed it for gilbert......

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Slayer-Repentless-Parody-620x620
lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I got the version with the dvd (and I never watch them) but since mine ws bought for me by my daughter, I ain't complaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next