Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced

Go down 
+31
Thrasher73
nevermore
thejokeriv
glassprison
metalinmyveins
manny
corplhicks
Vexer6
Eyesore
ultmetal
James B.
Thelemech
Boris2008
DakotaRogers
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
John Madden
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Troublezone
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
choosemetal
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
muckie
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Painkiller wrote:
I'm just more offended by how bland that cover looks. They must really hate Jesus enough to make him look like a potato. How edgy.

Also, the Show No Mercy cover is great stuff. That is way more menacing to the eye than most of their other records.

If you find artwork that looks like it was drawn by a drunken 10 year old menacing then yes, I suppose that yes it is more menacing. The new artwork is cliche and dull but I don't really care, it's Slayer doing what Slayer do.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Painkiller wrote:
I'm just more offended by how bland that cover looks. They must really hate Jesus enough to make him look like a potato. How edgy.

Also, the Show No Mercy cover is great stuff. That is way more menacing to the eye than most of their other records.

If you find artwork that looks like it was drawn by a drunken 10 year old menacing then yes, I suppose that yes it is more menacing. The new artwork is cliche and dull but I don't really care, it's Slayer doing what Slayer do.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Painkiller wrote:

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Painkiller wrote:

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:10 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Anyone offended by that cover should never have been listening to Slayer in the first place.

That's what I'm thinking. To be offended by the cover art but not by the lyrical content of their entire discography is inane. To top it off, actually COLLECTING Slayer but passing this up because it is offensive, yet no more offensive than anything else we've seen from them...well that's just preposterous.

I've heard of a number of people who attack many bands, metal and non-metal, for their lyrical content, yet they watch movies such as the Saw series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

I think I've read that somewhere before ! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:27 pm

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:41 pm

S.D. wrote:
I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat....

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Todo_adrian_belew_of_the_crimson_projekct_photo_chipster_pr.widea

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:59 pm

S.D. wrote:
It happens a couple times every few years. Laughing very hard

Oh please. We probably like half of the same stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:
It happens a couple times every few years. Laughing very hard

Oh please.  We probably like half of the same stuff.

I was joking. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Still more menacing than the tough guy persona they jumped on!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 6:19 pm

007 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:

I think I've read that somewhere before ! Laughing

Lol! I was having computer problems and then it said that the site was under maintenance and tbh I didn't think I'd posted it at all.

Although as is the nature of our conversations here, I was due to repeat this exact sentence several times over the next few years so I've probably saved myself some time!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 8:10 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Lol! I was having computer problems and then it said that the site was under maintenance and tbh I didn't think I'd posted it at all.

Although as is the nature of our conversations here, I was due to repeat this exact sentence several times over the next few years so I've probably saved myself some time!  lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 9:00 pm

It sounds exactly like what you would expect from a Kerry King song. Jeff was the one that wrote the with hooks and melody. Kerry is like bull in a china shop. Other than that, I'm happy Terry Date produced and Gary Holt is shredding on some leads!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 1:52 am

This picture is pretty badass.  Doing Mercyful Fate's "Evil".

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 11057267_10153434045480390_5295735307618232121_n
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 7:33 am

I wonder if Kerry had to rehearse the song or did he already know it? Back during the original "Big 4" shows, he supposedly didn't participate on Metallica's "Am I Evil?" encore jam because he didn't have enough time to learn it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 11:45 am

Am I Evil is so easy to play that most novice guitarists should have no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 12:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
Am I Evil is so easy to play that most novice guitarists should have no problem with it.  

It's a 7+ minute song that took my less than 5 minutes to learn.... Agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 1:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:

It's a 7+ minute song that took my less than 5 minutes to learn.... Agree

Yeah, that about sums it up.  

I remember I learned how to play Judas Priest's entire British Steel album while it was playing...only took 1 time.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Pretty sure I figured out how to play "Am I Evil" within the first few weeks of picking up the guitar. No tablature or anything. It's that easy!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 6:35 pm

For me learning songs by ear or with tab used to be a great teenage adventure. These days I'm realizing just how easy most heavy metal riffs are. It's become rather boring.

But yeah, Am I Evil is basic as it gets.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 2:42 am

S.D. wrote:

Here is the quote from Kerry about why he didn't play the encore. Aside from his claim about editing the Slayer concert footage, check out the last few sentences. He said he didn't have time to "work on that stuff". Work on what? He and the other guys just needed to play the basic rhythm parts! It would probably take only 10 minutes (or less) to figure out.

Revolver: Why didn't you play in the Big Four jam on "Am I Evil" at the end?

Kerry: There's a damn good reason. It isn't too long an explanation. [MEGADETH's Dave] Mustaine came to me that day and [METALLICA's] James [Hetfield] came to me that day saying, "Hey, it would be really cool if you played." I knew Jeff [Hanneman, SLAYER guitarist] wouldn't do it, and I knew Tom [Araya, SLAYER bassist/vocalist] wouldn't do it. And I also knew after we played that neither one of them would edit our video that was going to cinemas in a couple hours, so I told James and Mustaine both, "Listen, man. I've gotta edit our video before I can even think about playing with you guys." So the entire time of the set change between SLAYER and METALLICA, I was editing that video. I came running to the tuning room after I got done picking the songs, and they were already onstage. And to make it an even better story, I found out at 1 a.m. the night prior, so I really had no chance to work on that stuff or anything. So I wanted to; it just couldn't happen. I've got a lot of flack for that but yeah, that's the story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:45 am

Sounds like a reasonable enough explanation to me. But really, who cares?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 4:00 pm

New Slayer track...Cast The First Stone

https://soundcloud.com/adultswimsingles/slayer

I dunno. Sounds like Slayer. Which is good enough for me.

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 4:31 pm

I dig it. It's heavy and sounds like Slayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced   Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer - "Repentless" new album release announced
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next