Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya

Go down 
+34
bgsully
Leatherface
glassprison
scottmitchell74
stormspell
manny
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Vexer6
akeldama
ZombieHavoc
Chairman_Smith
Gilbert
ultmetal
Hadley
Dark Horseman
Runicen
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
kyleblack
MoonChild
Troublezone
Lari
Thelemech
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Boris2008
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 12:30 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Savtage barely clicks with me at all. Like Queensryche, I don't get the cult-like worship of this band. I like Sirens, Power of the Night and Fight for the Rock...after that, it gets a little boring for me.

Ditto.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 12:51 pm

You guys don't like HOTMK? That's a total metal classic!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Nothing by Savatage after Gutter Ballet clicked with me.  

That's cuz it stinks! Smile
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Nothing by Savatage after Gutter Ballet clicked with me.  

That's cuz it stinks!  Smile

Laughing very hard True that!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 1:42 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
You guys don't like HOTMK?  That's a total metal classic!

That one's ok. I was more in agreement in the statement that allot of folks here hold Savatage in much higher regard than I do overall. I don't dislike them, but I'm not ga-ga over 'em either.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 1:46 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Savtage barely clicks with me at all. Like Queensryche, I don't get the cult-like worship of this band. I like Sirens, Power of the Night and Fight for the Rock...after that, it gets a little boring for me.

You must be the first person I've ever heard admit to liking Fight For The Rock.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 2:24 pm

007 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

You must be the first person I've ever heard admit to liking Fight For The Rock.

Actually, I'll second liking FftR, but keep in mind, I got into Savatage all in one go and picked up the entire discography in one fell swoop. Even given its deficiencies, I'll reach for Fight for the Rock before I'll spin Dead Winter Dead - and that's not because I hate Zak Stevens' voice - though I do think he's often not singing to his strengths (trying to hard to sound harsh and aggressive like Jon when he probably would have done better in a cleaner tone).
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time (except for Alexander the Great)
Savatage - Power of the Night
Concerning Savatage except for The Dungeons are Calling which is a great Album I also prefer the live Versions over the Studio recordings.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 4:53 pm

007 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I know, and I've never really understood the hate that one gets. But it gets a lot.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:54 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
007 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I know, and I've never really understood the hate that one gets. But it gets a lot.

I haven't heard it in a long time but I remember being shocked that it was Savatage, sounding very little like the band I was famliliar with. That said, if I ever come across it on CD, I'm snatching it up and giving it a fresh listen.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 7:13 pm

I'm a Savatage nut. Wake of Magellan is my favourite, but Dungeons Are Calling and Hall of the Mountain King are about just as perfect. Streets is perfection, too. As is Sirens. It's just a great band. I could make love to their discography.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 7:34 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Ok - this is a good example.  Me n assault_attack are huge King's X fans, but Mr Bulbous did not "click" with us.  Not saying it is a good or bad album, just one that we bypass on most normal days.

That one and Tapehead. There are a couple of songs on Tapehead that I like, but the album still doesn't always click with me.

Operation Mindcrime: I know its a good album, but I would rather listen to Rage For Order or Empire before that one.

Does anyone consider the Galactic Cowboys -The Horse That Bud Bought bad? I only ever liked the song Tilt-A-Whirl the rest just didn't do it for me after the raging Machine Fish album. I did re-buy it to give it another whirl, though.

Though it like it now, I did not like Warpaint by the Black Crowes when it was first released. It took years for me to "get" that album.

AC/DC after Flick Of The Switch. Fly On The Wall and Who Made Who I can listen to, the rest not so much.

Van Hagar after 5150. There's a song here or there but none of the whole albums appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:08 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Wow. You like Fight for the Rock but NOT Hall of the Mountain King? There's a controversial opinion if I've ever heard one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:35 pm

There is nothing Savatage did that I don't like.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 2:18 am

Yeah I even enjoy Streets once in a while. Fight for the Rock is tolerable to a point. Gutter Ballet is a bit uneven and starts with such a bang that the rest of the record struggles a bit to match. Other than those minor complaints, all other albums with Jon are brilliant. Criss really knew how to throw down a riff.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 8:47 am

I love me some Savatage and Edge of Thorns is actually one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Edge of Thorns is my fave by them but I like all they've done to some degree.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Slayer's Hell Awaits seems to be everyone's favorite around here but, while it earns my respect, it doesn't really jive with me.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 2:52 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
There is nothing Savatage did that I don't like.

What this man said goes for me too.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 4:40 am

corplhicks wrote:
Slayer's Hell Awaits seems to be everyone's favorite around here but, while it earns my respect, it doesn't really jive with me.

Hell Awaits never really impressed me either.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Anthrax- The Sound of White Noise

While there's a few good tracks around, I don't really dig where they went with this one. Most of the music is pretty boring and John Bush just doesn't sound right in Anthrax.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4