Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya

Go down 
+34
bgsully
Leatherface
glassprison
scottmitchell74
stormspell
manny
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Vexer6
akeldama
ZombieHavoc
Chairman_Smith
Gilbert
ultmetal
Hadley
Dark Horseman
Runicen
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
kyleblack
MoonChild
Troublezone
Lari
Thelemech
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Boris2008
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'll get hate for this but the Maiden albums before Bruce don't do much for me. I enjoy many of the songs but these aren't the Maiden albums I often reach for.

I am in 100% agreement, although I will say I find the debut far stronger than Killers.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:41 pm

I like SADUS - Out for Blood, for what it is. I like every SADUS album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:55 pm

I love Jugulator but found Angel of Retribution to be kind of meh.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Me too, on both accounts.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

I enjoy both but think AoR is much better overall.

I don't see how any metalhead can't appreciate the Dianno IM albums! They're great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I don't see how any metalhead can't appreciate the Dianno IM albums!  They're great!

Subjective opinion; to you they're great, to some they're "okay", some don't like them at all.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:46 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:

although I will say I find the debut far stronger than Killers.

This. Totally agree !
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Lari wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Me too, on both accounts.

Same here, though Redeemer of Souls blows both of them away.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Mortification - Silver Chord is Severed
Ted Nugent - Penetrator
Black Sabbath - Forbidden
UFO - Ain't Misbehavin'
Kiss - Crazy Crazy Nights
Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibit A & B
Holy Soldier - Promise Man (Love love love the first two albums, but PM? Blech!)
Deliverance - Assimilation
Saint - The Perfect Life
Molly Hatchet - Lightning Strikes Twice
Judas Priest - Turbo (has a few good songs, but never really "clicked" with me.)
Aerosmith - Music from Another Dimension (I'm a diehard but this album is just all over the place and lacks focus.)

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Killers is my absolute favorite Maiden record by some distance (well maybe not from the debut) but I can see why it has featured on here so much, it does have a dark feel about it that I don't think they have had on any other album.

There are loads of albums that have been disappointing but I'm trying to think of the ones that people loved so I'm afraid a certain band gets a second entry

Metallica - Death Magnetic   It had good moments but felt more like a collection of riffs and ideas than cohesive songs.

Also - Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt 2
         Deathrow -  Deception Ignored
         Death      -  Leprosy
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Also - Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt 2

Wow ! Now that's a shocker ! Shocked
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Quote :

Metallica - Death Magnetic   It had good moments but felt more like a collection of riffs and ideas than cohesive songs.

I agree completely.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:24 pm

S.D. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I don't see how any metalhead can't appreciate the Dianno IM albums!  They're great!

Subjective opinion; to you they're great, to some they're "okay", some don't like them at all.

They'd fall into the "okay" category for me. Or maybe "better-than-okay-but-not-quite-great"

See, way back in high school, my introduction to Iron Maiden was Number of the Beast. The guys I hung with only played Bruce-era Maiden, so that's what I knew. It wasn't until a few years later that I discovered they had a different singer. When I got copies myself, I thought they were ok, but not great.

Don't get me wrong. I like them both just fine now, but the DiAnno albums aren't always my go-to pick when I want to hear Iron Maiden. It's just what I was accustomed to. I appreciate them for what they are, but they aren't great to me. Number of the Beast is GREAT.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:28 pm

UDO - Holy

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Quote :
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt 2

Bless you, sir. I've been telling folks 'round here for years that "Keeper Part 2" is inferior to the first one, but nobody listens to me. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Quote :

I agree completely.

I'd agree on that one too. Death Magnetic hasn't held up well with time. I liked it plenty as a new release and for a long time after that. After the debacle that was St. Anger, Metallica had nowhere to go but up, so DM was a godsend. But that opinion has waned in the last coupla years. It's decent enough and I enjoy it, but I don't feel the same love for it that I used to have.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Lari wrote:
Just to keep it interesting, I'll stick to albums that are usually well-regarded by fans.

That's kind of what I understood this thread would be about. Not about listing the universally agreed upon worst album of an otherwise celebrated band (Megadeth - Risk).

I'd pick Dio - Sacred Heart. An album released during the "golden era", and hailed by many as an equal to others of that time. But to me, that's clearly the weakest Dio record of the 80's. Kind of tired compositions, coupled with a lazy/uninspired performance by Vivian Campbell (getting Craig Goldy in for the next LP was a necessary kick in the butt by this point). I just don't think it compares to the albums before and after.

Dream Theater - Awake. Some say it's their best. I never really connected with this that well. Objectively it's still a really good collection of songs though. But it must be how much more I liked Images & Words that I can't really appreciate this as much. With all the songs I don't "get", to me, this is an album that's less than the sum of its parts. I'll listen to Space-Dye Vest, Lie and Silent Man any time though, and be happy I did. Good shit, but I don't understand the worship.

Metallica - ...and Justice for All. A failure of an album. To me. At least after this they had straight-forward main stream appeal with their Black album, and before this they were thrash metal proper. Now this is just something in between. Are they trying to be progressive? A couple of songs could be, and are, great, but it also sounds so flat instrument and production -wise. I kind of understand the love this band gets, though I don't necessarily share it, but I especially don't understand the worship this album gets.

Queensryche - Rage for Order. An unfocused, semi-commercial sounding, confusing album. Yet, I hear nothing but praise for it. What the hell? I love the Warning. Prog metal bliss. I love Mindcrime. Prog power masterpiece. I've tried to like Rage for Order. I've tried so hard. I now kind of like half of it... but the songs lack punch and the kind of oomph that to me make it special. It's also lacking any sort of an epic.

Those are just the first four that I thought of. Maybe I'll post more later. Watching hockey now...

Agree on Rage For Order, I like many of the songs on it, but I think I just don't like the flow or the production on it.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 2:57 pm

The big one that comes to my mind is Mastodon's The Hunter album. Has many great songs on it, and overall I do like the album, but the flow of it just doesn't make it last for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Walls Of Jericho is the only Helloween album I can stomach, you can keep the rest.

With Iron Maiden I bought Number Of The Beast first, but then went out and got the Maiden Japan EP with Dianno right afterward and loved it too. I had picked up the first album and Killers by the time Piece Of Mind was released. I like all of those albums about equally and while they are somewhat different in approach, I still think all of them are essential.

I'll take the Dianno albums over No Prayer For The Dying or Fear Of The Dark any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 3:40 pm

S.D. wrote:
Walls Of Jericho is the only Helloween album I can stomach, you can keep the rest.

With Iron Maiden I bought Number Of The Beast first, but then went out and got the Maiden Japan EP with Dianno right afterward and loved it too.  I had picked up the first album and Killers by the time Piece Of Mind was released.  I like all of those albums about equally and while they are somewhat different in approach, I still think all of them are essential.  

I'll take the Dianno albums over No Prayer For The Dying or Fear Of The Dark any day of the week.  

I pretty much agree with every word of that. I think that the Helloween EP & Keepers I are okay but WOJ is the only one I really liked.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Gilbert wrote:
UDO - Holy

Wow! I love U.D.O. and Holy is one of my favorites. Saw that tour too. Killer!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 4:35 pm

I only like their first album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 5:26 pm

Anthrax-Among The Living
Megadeth-Youthanasia
KISS-Destroyer
Metallica-Master of Puppets but I'm not much for Metallica anyway.
Ozzy Osbourne-No More Tears
Iron Maiden-Brave New World

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 5:30 pm

^This guy is crazy. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
^This guy is crazy. Razz

Nah. In fact, I agree with him about Among The Living, Destroyer, No More Tears and Youthanasia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next