Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands or albums you are undecided about...

Go down 
+10
Fat Freddy
ensiferum2k
Louder
Temple of Blood
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
mc666
ultmetal
Thrasher73
AchrisK
14 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Bands or albums you are undecided about... Empty
PostSubject: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 10:21 am

Collection-wise, this probably applies more to non-completists than to completists, but everyone is probably undecided on at least a few releases or bands.

Any bands or albums you seem to like well enough to continue to evaluate them, but are unsure about commiting to keeping it in your collection?

For me:

Cyclone Temple - I have I Hate Therfore I am and I like it, but it just seems to lack something, and I am teetering on the edge of trading it away.

Havochate - Cycle of Pain
I like some of this a lot, but a lot of the time I find myself bored or annoyed at it. It has a cheapness to it. I am not sure if I want to keep it.

Opeth and Dark Tranquillity
I have had CDs by these bands for years but have never really been hooked by their stuff. I have tried, and because they are so loved by so many people, I feel I need to get to like them, but I haven't yet, and I never want to listen to them. I have:

Dark Tranquillity - Haven
Dark Tranquillity - The Mind's I
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Opeth - Still Life

I have already given up on At The Gates (except SotS) and In Flames.

Angel Dust
But I have pretty much decided I dislike them enough to not own anything by them. I may like to hear their earlier thrash stuff, but as for their later power metal days, I don't like them.

I am sure there are more...

ack
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 11:54 am

theres a couple that come to mind,
BLIND GUARDIAN-I've got A Twist in the Myth and A Night at the Opera.while I really like twist I dont care much for night at the opera.If the rest is like this I dont care to own any more.
HAMMERFALL-I've got Crimson Thunder and while i liked it the first couple of listens,theres nothing that keeps bringing me back for more.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 12:21 pm

Quote :
Angel Dust
But I have pretty much decided I
dislike them enough to not own anything by them. I may like to hear
their earlier thrash stuff, but as for their later power metal days, I
don't like them.

Their thrash stuff sounds NOTHING like their power metal stuff. It's pure thrash metal with even a different vocalist.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 1:32 pm

The Haunted - rEVOLVEr

i haven't even bought their last one yet because revolver disappointed me so. i'm sure i'll give it another few tries though. probably even end up buying the last one.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 12:35 pm

The new Paradise Lost album. I like some of their older stuff and I really like Draconian Times but after that album they changed too much for my liking. I keep hearing how their new one sounds closer to their old material but I've heard that before in the past about other bands that turned out to be a let down.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 2:06 pm

Good question!

Ones I do have that are on the bubble for various reasons:

Axel Rudi Pell - The Wizards Chosen Few

Cage - Astrology

Red Wine - Cenizas

Hammerfall - Glory To The Brave

Cydonia - Cydonia

Ones I want (maybe):

Mystic Prophecy - Satanic Verses

Freedom Call - Dimensions

Wolfchant - A Pagan Storm

Divinefire - Into A New Dimension

Kamelot - Ghost Opera

Tursias - The Varangian Way
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 2:21 pm

Trivium - The Crusade.
A friend sent me a compilation/mix CD. On it there were some Trivium tracks that peaked my interest. I have the CD now and it usually starts off sounding good but I get tired or it real quick. I am undecided on it. Need to give it some time to see if it grows on me. I disagree with the "Metallica clone" comments though. I'd probably like them more if they were.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:29 pm

the new CAGE album
the new ICED EARTH album
TWISTED TOWER DIRE - Crest of the Martyrs
BLESSED DEATH - Hour of Pain
VAINGLORY - s/t
BLIND ILLUSION - The Sane Asylum
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:47 pm

Symphorce
Brainstorm
Angel Dust
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:49 pm

All Mekong Delta. I have every one of thier albums, and it drives
me up the wall that one second I can be thrashing about and the next
second going "What the hell is this?". AHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 5:23 pm

Moonsorrow. I love Enslaved's brand of Viking metal and thought Moonsorrow would appeal to me. Well they haven't yet. Same thing happened with Virgin Black. Never got into them either.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 5:42 pm

del
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 8:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Moonsorrow. I love Enslaved's brand of Viking metal and thought Moonsorrow would appeal to me. Well they haven't yet. Same thing happened with Virgin Black. Never got into them either.

I understand, the first two Virgin Black albums are a bit artsy fartsy for me to get into them. However, I do like the new one, Requiem-Messo Forte which reminds me of a darker version of Haggard.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:34 am

Another one for me (which is questionably metal) is Demon Hunter. I like them for a generic metalcore band then they start with these light little melodic vocal interludes that get on my gosh darn nerves. Sensitive little pricks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:04 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

BLIND GUARDIAN-I've got A Twist in the Myth and A Night at the Opera.while I really like twist I dont care much for night at the opera.If the rest is like this I dont care to own any more.

I gotta admit, I never understood all the whoop-de-doo about Blind Guardian either. The first BG I ever heard was SOMEWHERE FAR BEYOND and that's a damn fine album, but A NIGHT AT THE OPERA bored me to tears, so I traded that one off, and I never really got into TWIST IN THE MYTH at all.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I gotta admit, I never understood all the whoop-de-doo about Blind Guardian either.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

I gotta admit, I never understood all the whoop-de-doo about Blind Guardian either. The first BG I ever heard was SOMEWHERE FAR BEYOND and that's a damn fine album, but A NIGHT AT THE OPERA bored me to tears, so I traded that one off, and I never really got into TWIST IN THE MYTH at all.

I agree with A NIGHT AT THE OPERA and TWIST IN THE MYTH but the rest of the BLIND GUARDIAN albums are great in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:26 pm

I agree with Symphorce, Brainstorm, Angeldust, Blind Guardian, and I'll throw in Nocturnal Rites, Elegy, Metallium, and Iron Savoir. I like them all in principle, but very little sticks to me after I listen.
Opeth I just don't get. It just makes me want to listen to old Amorphis which is much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Wow SAHB....you just listed some of my favorites!! That cheese is what I love!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Well I gotta tell ya, I consider ANATO the best power metal lp ever! 🤘

It took me a while to warm up to this band and "get it" if you will, but they're one of my favs now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 2:52 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Wow SAHB....you just listed some of my favorites!! That cheese is what I love!

Sorry. The thread asked for undecided, not dislike. And I did say I like these bands in principle...just haven't gotten attached to them for some reason.
To tell the truth I think I'm spoiled by all the great power metal bands out there today. I'm sure there is no rational reason for my preference of Tad Morose, Morgana Lefay, Royal Hunt, Veni Domine, etc. to the bands that you like. In fact I think my favorites are even cheesier than yours! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 6:55 am

spectrefate wrote:
Another one for me (which is questionably metal) is Demon Hunter. I like them for a generic metalcore band then they start with these light little melodic vocal interludes that get on my gosh darn nerves. Sensitive little pricks.

Update: This piece of crap was just traded on Lala.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:33 am

thrasher73 wrote:

i list blind guardian as one of my favourite bands but night at the opera was definately vocal overkill. i've tryed to listen to it plenty of times but the multi layered vocals during ever verse, chorus, etc definatley puts me off that album
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:44 am

spectrefate wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Congratulations! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Congratulations! 🤘

Lost my head for a second. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands or albums you are undecided about...   Bands or albums you are undecided about... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands or albums you are undecided about...
Page 1 of 1