Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst albums by the following bands Part 2

Go down 
+24
Mglaffas81
Joe
Gryphon-kl
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
EmoElmo
Nico
nevermore
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
adrian
Lari
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
manny
Witchfinder
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Andy
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
dark avenger
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:44 am

DEEP PURPLE
DIO
EXODUS
KREATOR
RIOT
QUEEN
RUSH
MEGADETH

?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:10 am

DEEP PURPLE - don't know
DIO - Magica
EXODUS - don't know
KREATOR - don't know
RIOT - don't know
QUEEN - don't know
RUSH - Roll The Bones
MEGADETH - Risk

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:43 am

The only one I feel qualified to judge from that list is Megadeth and that album would be Risk. No questions.

I like all of the Exodus albums I own.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 am

Deep Purple: I only have Perfect Strangers and Greatest Hits, which I love. One day I will go back and get their back cataglog

Dio: Angry Machines. I can't stand the Tracy G years

Exodus-:I don't like Rob Dukes as a vocalist, so take your pick. I much prefer earlier material.

Riot: Another band which I need to delve deeper into. The only album I have is Fire Down Under, which is amazing!

Queen: I couldn't between to tell you. I have their greatest hits Vol I II III, and that probably will be enough for me, though I see they have remastered their old catalog recently.

Rush: Probably Hold Your Fire. Just too many keyboards in that mid late 80's period for myself.

Megadeth: Risk, hands down! That album was a low point for Dave and the band. No Menza on this studio effort and Marty leaving after the tour adds to the stench that was Risk.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:43 am

Deep Purple - Stormbringer
Dio - Angry Machines (Magica is also quite terrible)
Exodus - Impact is Imminent
Kreator - Endorama
Riot - Restless Breed
Queen - The Works
Rush - Hold Your Fire
Megadeth - Risk (So Far So Good sucks too)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 am

Andy wrote:

Crack kills!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:54 am

DIO - haven't heard Angry Machines, Strange Highways then probably. Not exactly bad, just too different and in-the-mood one.
RIOT - don't like pre-Thundersteel albums, so one of them.
QUEEN - the one which has Body Language on it.
MEGADETH - Risk (never heard it tbh Razz)

Last edited by BearOnUnicycle on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Andy wrote:

Crack kills!

Yeah, i also was surprised by those; and also by Stormbringer and Restless Breed...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Andy wrote:

Crack kills!

Yeah, I looked at those two picks for worst albums in Impact is Imminent and So Far So Good sucking, and I just started laughing.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 am

Deep Purple - ?
Dio - Magica
Exodus - Anything with Rob Dukes
Kreator - ?
Riot - ?
Queen - Hot Space
Rush - All of them
Megadeth - Risk

Last edited by Witchfinder on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 am

Deep Purple-House of Blue Light-Not a terrible album but the band went into a more commercial direction, with Ritchie Blackmore even playing guitar synthesizer on a couple tracks, Deep Purple's Turbo

Dio-Angry Machines-Used to really hate this album but I have grown to like it, but still does not change the fact this is Dio's worst album

Exodus-Tempo of the Damned- OK album but nowhere near their best

Kreator-Like them but I have not heard most of their material

Riot-Like everything I have heard

Queen-Hot Space- The lads got carried away with the success of ' Another One Bites the Dust; and decided to make an album of disco flavored pop, nobody wants hear Queen sing songs with the titles like 'Dancer' 'Backchat' or see Queen turn into the Village People.

Rush-Hold Your Fire-I don't hate the album but it is a bit uninspired

Megadeth-Risk- Truly the turd in the punchbowl when it comes to their discography.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:46 pm

DEEP PURPLE - The Gemini Suite
DIO - Angry Machines, though I don't hate it.
EXODUS - The Atrocity Exhibition... Exhibit A
KREATOR - Outcast
RIOT - did they release a bad record? Don't think so.
QUEEN - Hot Space
RUSH - Power Windows
MEGADETH - Risk (though I have come to appreciate Crush 'Em over the years! GO FLYERS! GO KINGS!)

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Not sure of the point of these threads (just another reason to create lists it appears), but hey, might as well participate anyway.

DEEP PURPLE - Come Taste The Band (I like Tommy Bolin, but NOT in Deep Purple)

DIO - Sacred Heart (yawn!)

EXODUS - no idea, I stopped listening to them after Impact Is Imminent.

KREATOR - no idea, I stopped listening after Coma Of Souls

RIOT - no idea, I stopped listening after Privilege of Power (though that album is pretty bad)

QUEEN - Hot Space/The Miracle (tie)

RUSH - Test For Echo. I really like all the Rush albums, this one just gets revisited the least.

MEGADETH - stopped paying attention once Countdown came out.

Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:13 pm

dark avenger wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Andy wrote:

Crack kills!

Yeah, i also was surprised by those; and also by Stormbringer and Restless Breed...

I find the Exodus and Riot picks to be lazy and uninspired, especially coming on the heels of such stellar releases like Fabulous Disaster and Fire Down Under respectively. I don't care for them much, and prefer the mediocre 90's material those bands put out over prime-time flops.

Risk is self explanatory. So Far So Good suffers from the same sophomore slump, despite being the 3rd album after back to back masterpieces. It feels rushed and incomplete, and the standout tracks are (unfortunately) not enough to save it from being the last Megadeth album in my rotation.

Stormbringer compared to its contemporaries is a good album. In the discography of Deep Purple, it competes with Taste for the bottom of the barrel. The obvious reason being a stark change in direction, or the "addition of new influences" as the optimist may see it. I don't like the funk/soul thing Richie pushed on this record, and I suppose it takes precedence over Taste for the sole reason that Richie was involved in that change. Perfect Strangers and Blue Light are among their best works in my opinion, and I find the majority of their 90's material quite palatable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:15 pm

I think Stormbringer is a better album than Burn.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:27 pm

S.D. love ya like a brutha, but you are insane!!!!!!!! 'Burn' is a way better album then 'Stormbringer' that being said 'Stormbringer' is a great album and one you talked me into listening to again, to get fresh perspective on and I am glad I listened to your advise, because the album is killer.

'Come Taste the Band' IMO is an also an excellent Deep Purple platter, sure Tommy Bolin changes the bands direction by adding so many other non Purpleish elements, but that man was a genius on the guitar.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Puzzled by the hate for Dio's MAGICA, especially since ANGRY MACHINES exists.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I love 'Magica', well except for that story reading he does on the end of the disc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I love 'Magica', well except for that story reading he does on the end of the disc.

I don't think I've ever bothered to listen to that spoken-word track in the decade or so that I've owned that CD. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

I actually like Angry Machines...

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Just a matter of preference I suppose. I prefer the live versions of "Burn", "Mistreated" and especially "You Fool No One" from Made In Europe to the studio renditions.

Dio. I LOVE Angry Machines and Strange Highways.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
I LOVE Angry Machines and Strange Highways.

I honestly don't know why people don't...it's some of the Dio-band's darkest, doomiest stuff...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I LOVE Angry Machines and Strange Highways.

I honestly don't know why people don't...it's some of the Dio-band's darkest, doomiest stuff...

Because Tracy G. wasn't a Vivian Campbell clone, he made the mistake of being himself...can't do that when you play straight-ahead metal. It's a cardinal sin in the land of the patch covered denim jacket...

Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Some people may feel compelled to choose an album that is regarded as shitty by the majority, instead of laying down the album they feel truly sucks. I'm pretty against the grain and speak my mind on everything.

For the guy that said he disliked Burn, I stand with you brother.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Andy wrote:
Some people may feel compelled to choose an album that is regarded as shitty by the majority, instead of laying down the album they feel truly sucks. I'm pretty against the grain and speak my mind on everything.

For the guy that said he disliked Burn, I stand with you brother.

If you are referring to me, and my like for ' Come Taste the Band' I stand by that album and I stand by my statement that Bolin was a genius.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst albums by the following bands Part 2   Worst albums by the following bands Part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst albums by the following bands Part 2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next