Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya

Go down 
+34
bgsully
Leatherface
glassprison
scottmitchell74
stormspell
manny
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Vexer6
akeldama
ZombieHavoc
Chairman_Smith
Gilbert
ultmetal
Hadley
Dark Horseman
Runicen
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
kyleblack
MoonChild
Troublezone
Lari
Thelemech
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Boris2008
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Empty
PostSubject: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 3:16 pm

For me:

King's X - Please Come Home...Mr Bulbous [too jazzy]
Dangerous Toys - Artist Formerly Known as Dangerous Toys [too all-around shitty]
Saxon - Forever Free [still better than most albums from 1992, but the weakest in their catalog, imo]
Raven - The Pack is Back [Again, a couple of good songs. Otherwise, WTF?]
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Megadeth - Risk

Try as I might, I just can't get into that album. It's a big, steaming turd in the Megadeth punch bowl.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Judas Priest - Turbo, Demolition, Nostradamus
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 3:23 pm

Agree with Risk and Nostradamus. I listen to "Demolition" and imagine it is not JP and, then, it ain't too bad!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Metallica - And Justice For All
Anthrax - Among the Living
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
W.A.S.P - Inside the Electric Circus
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Iron Maiden - No Prayer For the Dying
Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer
Saxon - Innocence is No Excuse

Rather than go for albums that sucked, I've gone for records that I know are good but there was just something 'off' for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 3:38 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Rather than go for albums that sucked, I've gone for records that I know are good but there was just something 'off' for my tastes.

Yep - that is what I was going for.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 3:54 pm

VH - 1984 through OU812
Overkill - White Devil Armory
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son
Iced Earth - Dark Saga
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Agreed about Risk.

This latest Priest album was a chore to get through.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 6:55 pm

I think most people here to tend to agree about Risk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 6:59 pm

Just to keep it interesting, I'll stick to albums that are usually well-regarded by fans.

Judas Priest: British Steel and Screaming for Vengeance
Iron Maiden: Killers
Bloodgood: Out of the Darkness
Van Halen: Fair Warning 
Iced Earth: Something Wicked this Way Comes
Deliverance: Deliverance
Believer: Extraction from Mortality
Saint: In the Battle
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Agree with Risk and Turbo. Also would like to add KISS' Unmasked and Overkill's I Hear Black.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Dream Theater - Awake
Dokken - Shadowlife
Helloween - Chameleon
Kiss - Hot In The Shade
Ozzy - No More Tears
Queensryche - Everything since Tribe
Van Halen - 3
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:05 pm

I'll add Kiss: Destroyer
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Carnival Of Souls - KISS
Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin
Forbidden - Black Sabbath
Load and Reload - Metallica
Risk - Megadeth
God Hates Us All - Slayer
Virus - Hypocrisy
Hate Them - Darkthrone
Stiff Upper Lip - AC/DC
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:13 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Just to keep it interesting, I'll stick to albums that are usually well-regarded by fans.

That's kind of what I understood this thread would be about. Not about listing the universally agreed upon worst album of an otherwise celebrated band (Megadeth - Risk).

I'd pick Dio - Sacred Heart. An album released during the "golden era", and hailed by many as an equal to others of that time. But to me, that's clearly the weakest Dio record of the 80's. Kind of tired compositions, coupled with a lazy/uninspired performance by Vivian Campbell (getting Craig Goldy in for the next LP was a necessary kick in the butt by this point). I just don't think it compares to the albums before and after.

Dream Theater - Awake. Some say it's their best. I never really connected with this that well. Objectively it's still a really good collection of songs though. But it must be how much more I liked Images & Words that I can't really appreciate this as much. With all the songs I don't "get", to me, this is an album that's less than the sum of its parts. I'll listen to Space-Dye Vest, Lie and Silent Man any time though, and be happy I did. Good shit, but I don't understand the worship.

Metallica - ...and Justice for All. A failure of an album. To me. At least after this they had straight-forward main stream appeal with their Black album, and before this they were thrash metal proper. Now this is just something in between. Are they trying to be progressive? A couple of songs could be, and are, great, but it also sounds so flat instrument and production -wise. I kind of understand the love this band gets, though I don't necessarily share it, but I especially don't understand the worship this album gets.

Queensryche - Rage for Order. An unfocused, semi-commercial sounding, confusing album. Yet, I hear nothing but praise for it. What the hell? I love the Warning. Prog metal bliss. I love Mindcrime. Prog power masterpiece. I've tried to like Rage for Order. I've tried so hard. I now kind of like half of it... but the songs lack punch and the kind of oomph that to me make it special. It's also lacking any sort of an epic.

Those are just the first four that I thought of. Maybe I'll post more later. Watching hockey now...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:57 pm

Each to their own, but shit. Most of these are just shocking.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill
Metallica - St. Anger
Suicidal Tendencies - Free Your Soul and Save Your Mind
GnR - Chinese Democracy
Van Halen - III
Megadeth - Risk
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:10 am

A Matter of Life & Death, and Final Frontier - Iron Maiden
Nostradamus - Judas Priest
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 1:58 am

Destruction - The Least Successful Human Cannonball
Sadus - Out for Blood
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 7:56 am

Savatage - Streets, A Rock Opera
Iced Earth - The Dark Saga (their weakest album, I think)
Iron Maiden - Killers (a bit of a letdown after the amazing debut)
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:36 am

Iron Maiden - No Prayer, the Blaze albums (I do like the music, but his voice doesn't work for Maiden)
Dream Theater - falling into infinity
Kiss - crazy nights, hot in the shade
Metallica - st bullshit
MegaDave - Risk
Priest - ram it down, the Ripper albums
Van Halen I I I
Ratt - reach for the sky
Anthrax - the bush albums after sound of white noise
Barren Cross Rattle your cage
def leppard slang and everything after euphoria
Fates warning inside out
Queensryche hear in the now frontier and all of the Tate albums post DeGarmo
king's x manic moonlight
Scorpions Savage Amusement, Face The heat, Eye To Eye
Twisted sister love is for suckers, come out and play

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:10 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Metallica - st bullshit
Priest - ram it down, the Ripper albums
Van Halen I I I
def leppard slang and everything after euphoria

Yeah that!!! Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya 543534 Same here too!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:37 am

A lot of my would-be "picks" have already been mentioned so I'll just add these:

W.A.S.P. - K.F.D. and the Neon God two-parter

Iced Earth - Framing Armageddon: Something Wicked Part One

Warrior Soul - Chill Pill

Deliverance - Learn, River Disturbance and Camelot in Smithereens

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 11:24 am

One that I'm surprised not to see on here: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero

If there was an album that felt like it was designed by focus group, TWNaH is it. You can almost hear the boardroom conversation.

"Ok, so they didn't like Risk, but you know those kids will eat anything up that references the old stuff, so how about a song sequel?"

It just felt like a tired retread, and not a very good one either. The System Has Failed was the return to form some seemed to wish TWNaH to be. It just never had anything on it that grabbed my attention. Love or hate Risk, at least that album had an identity. TWNaH just felt like a half-hearted grab at the past. Seemed like Dave was burnt out and maybe the enforced (temporary) retirement was the way to go. Everything that has come out since has been head and shoulders above that turkey.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:38 pm

I'll get hate for this but the Maiden albums before Bruce don't do much for me. I enjoy many of the songs but these aren't the Maiden albums I often reach for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next