Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya

Go down 
+34
bgsully
Leatherface
glassprison
scottmitchell74
stormspell
manny
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Vexer6
akeldama
ZombieHavoc
Chairman_Smith
Gilbert
ultmetal
Hadley
Dark Horseman
Runicen
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
kyleblack
MoonChild
Troublezone
Lari
Thelemech
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Boris2008
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 6:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Mortification - Silver Chord is Severed
Ted Nugent - Penetrator
Black Sabbath - Forbidden
UFO - Ain't Misbehavin'
Kiss - Crazy Crazy Nights
Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibit A & B
Holy Soldier - Promise Man (Love love love the first two albums, but PM? Blech!)
Deliverance - Assimilation
Saint - The Perfect Life
Molly Hatchet - Lightning Strikes Twice
Judas Priest - Turbo (has a few good songs, but never really "clicked" with me.)
Aerosmith - Music from Another Dimension (I'm a diehard but this album is just all over the place and lacks focus.)

What about Metallica- St. Anger and Van Halen-Diver Down? Also I thought "The Deed is Done" was your least favorite MH album.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Metallica- St. Anger
Iron Maiden- A Matter of Life and Death
KISS-Music From The Elder
Alice Cooper-Pretties For You
Def Leppard-X
Van Halen-Diver Down
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 7:40 pm

Obituary - World Demise
Slayer - Diabolus in Musica until present stuff. I was a HUGE Slayer freak!
King Diamond - Conspiracy
Black Sabbath - Forbidden, Never Say Die, Technical Ecstacy
Wasp - KFD
Death - Sound of Perseverence
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:37 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'll take the Dianno albums over No Prayer For The Dying or Fear Of The Dark any day of the week.

Same here, even if Fear of the Dark does have one or two of my favorite Maiden songs ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:16 pm

Judas Priest-Turbo/Demolition
Iron Maiden-The Final Frontier
Kamelot-Ghost Opera
Nightwish-Imaginerium
Iced Earth-Iced Earth/The Crucible Of Man
Dio-Angry Machines
Testament-Demonic
Helloween-Straight Outta Hell
Shadow Gallery-s/t
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:06 pm

Alot of albums that did not click, like for example Dio-Angry Machines- I later on, I may have not grown to love it, but I have grown to like the album somewhat
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 11:56 pm

CORONER - Grin sick
TESTAMENT - The Ritual (one of the most boring heavy metal albums ever)
OVERKILL - The Years of Decay (apart from one brilliant tune, the rest is total MEH for me)
BLIND GUARDIAN - A Night At the Opera (aka the symphonic cacophony disaster...)
SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Violent New Breed (decent hair metal gone @#%$^)
IRON MAIDEN - Albums with Blaze (just awkward, bad incompatible combination)
JUDAS PRIEST - Albums with Tim Owens (see above)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:55 am

Savatage- Pretty much everything after Hall of the Mountain King, their new direction just wasn't really to my liking.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 6:32 am

Vexer6 wrote:

What about Metallica- St. Anger

I don't think that's a case of a good album just not "clicking" with you. It's more of a case of a bad album being a bad album.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 7:05 am

Bride - Everything after Drop. Bride were my absolute favorite band and I loved everything up through Scarecrow Messiah (very underrated, I think) and then Drop was so/so, and then I don't know what happened.

Tourniquet - Crawl To China and Microscopic View...a two album hiatus from a band I adore.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 7:28 am

Motley Crue--Girls, Girls, Girls

This is the only 80s-era Crue album that I only like the singles from.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:44 am

Flotsam and Jetsam-Cuatro
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:45 am

I'll take the Dianno albums over the last 6 MADIEN albums and any of Bruce's solo albums!

Agreed about "Grin" and "The Ritual"!

I like "Cuatro". I think it's head and shoulders better than "Drift" or any album since then.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Mortification - Silver Chord is Severed
Ted Nugent - Penetrator
Black Sabbath - Forbidden
UFO - Ain't Misbehavin'
Kiss - Crazy Crazy Nights
Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibit A & B
Holy Soldier - Promise Man (Love love love the first two albums, but PM? Blech!)
Deliverance - Assimilation
Saint - The Perfect Life
Molly Hatchet - Lightning Strikes Twice
Judas Priest - Turbo (has a few good songs, but never really "clicked" with me.)
Aerosmith - Music from Another Dimension (I'm a diehard but this album is just all over the place and lacks focus.)

What about Metallica- St. Anger and Van Halen-Diver Down?  Also I thought "The Deed is Done" was your least favorite MH album.

Some people already stated St. Anger, so I didn't add that one.

I like Diver Down, I just think it was a bit of a rip-off in that it's an EP being sold as a full length album.

"The Deed Is Done" isn't Hatchet's best either, but I like all Hatchet records. I just think both "Deed" and "Lightning" were doomed due to Sony forcing outside writers and a change in direction. Molly Hatchet were a heavy Southern rock band, not .38 Special.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Living Sacrifice - Conceived in Fire

This album doesn't do much for me; though I love the rest of their catalog.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Speaking of Living Sacrifice, I could never get into their 2nd album "Nonexistent". I hate the vocals! I wish they would re-record it with Bruce because the music is great.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Speaking of Living Sacrifice, I could never get into their 2nd album "Nonexistent". I hate the vocals! I wish they would re-record it with Bruce because the music is great.

That's actually the first "Christian" death metal album I ever had (my dad monitored what I listened to at the time and with the album art of most death/grindcore bands, I couldn't get them-but something from a Christian book store was safe). And yes, the vocals are pretty bad, but at the time it was the best I could get in that style at that time. Once I was able to drive and could keep stuff hidden I was no longer hindered.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:10 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
For me:

King's X - Please Come Home...Mr Bulbous [too jazzy]

Probably the most obvious choice for me also.. I'm a huge fan of the band but this did not work for me..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:48 pm

I dig both Manic Moonlight and Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous.  

Last edited by S.D. on Fri May 08, 2015 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 1:00 am

I'm confused. Is this a thread where people list bad albums, or is it good albums by good bands that for one reason or another didn't "click" with you personally?

I think universally frowned upon albums don't necessarily have anything to "click" with. If the majority of fans hates the record, maybe you're not the one having issues with connecting with that album?

If it's just about listing bad albums per se, I'll have to revise my list. Queensryche sure made a hell of a lot worse albums than Rage for Order... but I just thought it was an example of a highly acclaimed album I personally as a listener never quite "got".
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 8:40 am

Ok - this is a good example. Me n assault_attack are huge King's X fans, but Mr Bulbous did not "click" with us. Not saying it is a good or bad album, just one that we bypass on most normal days.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:24 am

Savatage - Dead Winter Dead

Unlike a good few people on the board, I don't mind Savatage going "pretentious" and doing concept albums. Unfortunately, DWD didn't play to any of the band's strengths and felt like a car that refused to start. It was competently played, sung and performed, but very little of it grabbed it and it had that sterility that still puts me off most of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's stuff. Follow on for things like Wake of Magellan and I feel like the band scored a balance of high concept and their down and dirty tendencies.

Look no further than the Jon Oliva-sung tracks on DWD vs. Magellan. In the former, he gets no real melodies to work with, the songs are pretty monotonous chug-fests and it seems like he's there just to lend the thing credibility on vocals. On Magellan, he's singing songs that suit his voice and lend character to the album. Paragons of Innocence in particular is easily one of my favorite songs on a GREAT album.

And yes, Magellan has grown on me something fierce. I think that one failed to click initially, but crept its way in.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:58 am

I like both. I can understand why Dead Winter Dead wouldn't appeal to fans of old-school 'Tage. But objectively, there's a lot of excellent music there. I agree it pales in comparison to Magellan. That's a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Nothing by Savatage after Gutter Ballet clicked with me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 12:23 pm

Savtage barely clicks with me at all. Like Queensryche, I don't get the cult-like worship of this band. I like Sirens, Power of the Night and Fight for the Rock...after that, it gets a little boring for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya   Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums from your fav bands that never "clicked" with ya
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next