Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Nightwish (October 2nd)

Go down 
+9
Todd Jaymz
Smindas
DallasBlack
stormspell
nevermore
TheGooch
iamrockerfun
mc666
kmorg
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:50 pm

MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS!!!!

I'm with Dallas in that I have to wait though. It's not that I can't afford it - it's just that my wife has me on a 'cd budget'. She wants me to appreciate what I buy - so I can only spend around $100.00 a month on cds. Problem is - with all the new stuff coming out - I've already spent my budget for now! I'll have to wait another two weeks before getting this - and it's THE next cd on my list!!! I've not been this excited about a new cd since Testament released "Practice What You Preach".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:53 pm

By the way, GREAT review Eyesore. You had me drooling on me keyboard. I think I'll share your opinion too - based on the few songs I've heard online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 11:00 pm

That wasn't a review. Haha. Although I did post the same thing on the metalreviews.com forum and the guy who reviewed it got all snotty with me. They have this complex over there where they don't like forum reviews. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 11:04 pm

Oh brother. I won't plan on going there then.

insane
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:02 am

I got mine today at Walmart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:41 am

blackieboy wrote:
Oh brother. I won't plan on going there then.

insane
Yeah, don't. Someone just accused me of plagiarism because I mentioned something similar to what the guy that did the review wrote.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:48 am

THE ESCAPIST

That's one of the Japanese bonus tracks. The US 2CD version has the demo for "Amaranth" as a bonus track. It was called "Reach" then, and Marco sings on the entire song. It's different, too, has a different chorus.

Apparently there's going to be a 3CD version released eventually that'll have all the bonus tracks and such. Anyway, so there's a hard-to-find bonus track. Great song, but the riff is reminiscient of "She Is My Sin," so I guess that's why it's a bonus track. Great tune, though. 🤘

Oh, and has anyone heard of Operatika?

http://www.myspace.com/operatika

Blatant Nightwish clone. But really good. Just a bit faster. They don't have the song up there that totally steals a Nightwish riff, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:50 am

Yeah, I have heard Operatika. Had some of their songs on a comp a friend made me. They're good - but nowhere near the majesty of Nightwish.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:53 am

Got my copy yesterday. So far I'm really liking it alot. I think the new singer Annette does an excellent job and seems like a more natural fit for the band. This will definitely end up in my top cds of the year list.

Anyone else get the 2 disc version where the second cd is the orchestrated versions of the new album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:46 am

nevermore wrote:
Anyone else get the 2 disc version where the second cd is the orchestrated versions of the new album?
I did. I was actually let down a bit. It says it's the orchestral version, but it's not. It's just instrumental. I thought it would be cool to have a CD of just all the orchestra stuff, something nice to listen to while writing or whatever. But it's still cool, no doubt. It's just going to be weird listening to these after I've gotten to know the versions with vocals so well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 12:22 pm

Well, I decided to cheat on my cd budget. I'm going to WalMart today and going to pick this beast up. I just cannot wait any longer.

lol!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:21 pm

can't wait to see 'em live with Anette.
i own new release but ... dunno. nothing special.
wanna hear highest top of Tarja's song singin' by Anette.
just wanna see her how she looks alive and her voice.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
I did. I was actually let down a bit. It says it's the orchestral version, but it's not. It's just instrumental. I thought it would be cool to have a CD of just all the orchestra stuff, something nice to listen to while writing or whatever. But it's still cool, no doubt. It's just going to be weird listening to these after I've gotten to know the versions with vocals so well.

Years ago, Samael did kind of the same thing with their album Passage. There was a disc called XYstras that had keyboard and piano versions of most of the songs.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 4:09 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
She sounds good on the old songs. Check YouTube. She gives the songs a different flavor, but she does them well. Plus, he voice may not be as operatic and Tarja's, but she does belt out some powerful things on the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYScvbsaykY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:24 pm

Just picked up this beast today! I AM LOVING IT!!!

This is easily the best Nightwish album to date. In fact, this album is my album of the year!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:59 pm

blackieboy wrote:

This is easily the best Nightwish album to date. In fact, this album is my album of the year!!
Settle down! You're frightening the pidgeons.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:23 pm

Yup that was the song I was getting at-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:30 am

Eyesore wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Settle down! You're frightening the pidgeons.

lol!

maybe they need to be. This album is beyond incredible! I got the 'goosebumps' while hearing it. That just doesn't happen to me much. Man, you were so right Eyesore. I'm gonna start listening to you. I like your taste in music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:40 am

Anyone else notice that "Master Passion Greed" is quite obviously about Tarja's husband?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 12:53 am

blackieboy wrote:

not even close to my album of the year... but it is indeed the very best Nightwish thus far. i'm enjoying it very much! Anette just sounds so natural with them.

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:02 am

Quote :
Anette just sounds so natural with them.

I completely agree. I'm just in love with her vocals. I know this seems too soon to say, but Annette Olzon is quickly becoming my favorite female metal vocalist.

She sounds rugged, yet soft. She can do operatic, yet it's not overdone - like some of Nightwish's early stuff, where it even started sounding a bit cheesy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:03 am

Quote :
Anyone else notice that "Master Passion Greed" is quite obviously about Tarja's husband?

I didn't pick up on that. Of course, I've only spun the cd twice now. It's quite apparent that "Bye Bye Beautiful" is about Tarja though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:34 am

blackieboy wrote:
Quote :

I didn't pick up on that. Of course, I've only spun the cd twice now. It's quite apparent that "Bye Bye Beautiful" is about Tarja though.
Well, Tuomas said that "Bye Bye Beautiful" was about her. Read the lyrics to "Master Passion Greed." If you remember what they said about Tarja's husband you'll see it clear as day. They basically said she became his puppet, that he controlled her and changed her for greed, made her greedy, even. It doesn't get any more obvious.

And knowing this, and listening to how heavy the song is, and how angry Marco sings it, I'd have to venture and say the band despises her husband and blames him for the change in her. It seems like she hurt them, and the lyrics reflect pain, but "Master Passion Greed" is pretty vicious and angry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:36 am

Oh, and I'll also mention that I've downloaded the demo for "The Poet And The Pendulum" with Marco singing, and Nightwish could actually carry on with just him singing! Haha. He does a killer job!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 1:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
She sounds good on the old songs. Check YouTube. She gives the songs a different flavor, but she does them well. Plus, he voice may not be as operatic and Tarja's, but she does belt out some powerful things on the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYScvbsaykY

what a shitty crap style. hate it ! boo boo ...
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Nightwish (October 2nd)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next