Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nightwish and Wal-Mart

Go down 
+4
Rex
MetalRob331
Troublezone
DallasBlack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Nightwish and Wal-Mart Empty
PostSubject: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:06 am

***Nightwish haters, please sit this one out, I'd like to talk to those who like them***

I was finishing up the pharmacy this morning at work and all of a sudden I heard The Islander by Nightwish but I didn't put that song on my playlist, it was actually being played on the Wal-Mart intercom! I know it is not a heavy song, but still, it suprised the hell out of me that they would play it. This coupled with the fact that I got my copy of Dark Passion Play there as well is unusal. It looks that maybe Tarja getting the boot from Nightwish (though I love her voice) was the best thing to happen to the band. Not only did they get to finally tour the U.S., they're getting a good amount of mainstream attention as well. Let's hope that the quality of their music doesn't become effected like it did with Metallica, Queensryche, Megadeth or others in the past. What do others think of the mainstream attention Nightwish is getting?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:12 am

Who is Nightwish?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:12 am

I think its awesome, this band has spent so much money on DPP that i hope it gets recognized. Not having Tarja sucks but Annette's voice is awesome as well and i think more ppl can relate to her more pop sounding voice then Tarja's operatic tone..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:14 am

Quote :
Let's hope that the quality of their music
doesn't become effected like it did with Metallica, Queensryche,
Megadeth or others in the past.

It's positively inevitable. And then, all the newbies will think they sound like Evanesence and all the old fans will hate them for selling out. It's cyclic.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:28 am

I heard Opeth played inside Best Buy one time. It was from the Damnation album, but still!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:36 pm

troublezone wrote:
Who is Nightwish?

Are you kidding? Nightwish thought everyone knew who Nightwish is!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:30 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Who is Nightwish?

Are you kidding? Nightwish thought everyone knew who Nightwish is!

Wargod48

very most popular in Europe than rest of the world Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Quote :
very most popular in Europe than rest of the world

So is David Hasselhof.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:38 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
very most popular in Europe than rest of the world

So is David Hasselhof.

Who doesn't love THE HOFF?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:52 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
***Nightwish haters, please sit this one out, I'd like to talk to those who like them***
You shouldn't even have to do this here. If we need these kinds of disclaimers, the forum is toast.

Anyway, Nightwish toured here with Tarja.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:03 pm

thats cool for them as they really struggled to get attention outside europe. i cant wait to go see them on my birthday in march
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
You shouldn't even have to do this here. If we need these kinds of disclaimers, the forum is toast.

I just didn't want this to turn into a Nightwish bashing thread, there seems to be some hostility towards Nightwish lately. Thats fine, but I'd prefer them to start a separate thread for that. That is why I asked nicely and didn't demand anything (I have no right to anyways).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:37 pm

I'd prefer them not to start a separate thread. Haha. Keep it positive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Also, it might lead to more bashing just to get a rise out of somebody.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:59 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Also, it might lead to more bashing just to get a rise out of somebody.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. If someone wants to do that it is their decision, they won't get a rise out of me, I've learned my lesson (I hardly ever make the same mistake twice).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:32 pm

I wasn't reffering to you, as I was to anybody.

Me? never heard Nightwish.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:02 pm

What's a "Nightwish?"

Is that like when I lie awake at night and wish my wife looked more like Traci Lords?

Too much information. Sorry.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish and Wal-Mart   Nightwish and Wal-Mart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightwish and Wal-Mart
Page 1 of 1