Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Nightwish (October 2nd)

Go down 
+9
Todd Jaymz
Smindas
DallasBlack
stormspell
nevermore
TheGooch
iamrockerfun
mc666
kmorg
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

new Nightwish (October 2nd) Empty
PostSubject: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:35 am

Who else here (besides me) is excited about this new album?

Man, I feel like a kid again. I'm about to pee my pants in anticipation. The samples I've heard from their new album KICK bunghole!!!

I just can't wait to get this!!!

Anyone else planning on picking this up?

How many Nightwish fans are in the house?

By the way, I'm seeing them live in a few weeks!!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 2:02 pm

I have it downloaded, but haven't given it that much attention. I think I'm a little "over them".

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 5:46 pm

Really? Over them? Do you not like the new singer? I personally feel she outshines Tarja! Of course, I need to spend some time with the new album a bit before really judging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:54 pm

The new singer doesn't even compare. Tarja blows her away. The new singer is just typical. She's good, and I think the album is killer, but he vocals aren't special. Tarja's voice is just captivating. Just compare Tarja's new video to Nightwish's:

TARJA - I WALK ALONE
NIGHTWISH - AMARANTH

You've got a really good singer and an amazing singer, and that's Tarja. My opinion, of course. =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:58 pm

I love Tarja - don't get me wrong. I have every intention of picking up her new album too. I'm just really happy with Annette. I think she's a fine replacement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:04 am

blackieboy wrote:
I love Tarja - don't get me wrong. I have every intention of picking up her new album too. I'm just really happy with Annette. I think she's a fine replacement.
Oh, I think she does a great job. The only thing is that Nightwish lost a lot of their identity when Tarja left. Annette is just not the same kind of vocalist; she's what you'd call a dime-a-dozen vocalist. That's no knock against her, because she does a fantastic job, but Tarja was just in a league of her own.

Her new album will hopefully be good, but I think it's going to be sort of a second-rate Nightwish. I've heard three songs so far, one has been great and the other two were just OK. Definitely something like a Nightwish clone, but not as good. We'll see...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:08 am

I'll have to hear more of the new album before really saying too much, but I've heard a few songs already - and the impression I'm getting of Annette is not 'the dime a dozen' type.

Just me of course, and I realize many will see things as you do.

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:15 am

blackieboy wrote:
I'll have to hear more of the new album before really saying too much, but I've heard a few songs already - and the impression I'm getting of Annette is not 'the dime a dozen' type.

Just me of course, and I realize many will see things as you do.

:)
I want to see how she does on the old Nightwish songs. I want to hear how she does on something like "Kinslayer." If she can pull that off I'll be impressed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:17 am

Yeah, I'm interested to see how she does here as well. I'm seeing them live in a few weeks for the first time. I wonder if they will play any old stuff. I sure hope so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:21 am

blackieboy wrote:
Yeah, I'm interested to see how she does here as well. I'm seeing them live in a few weeks for the first time. I wonder if they will play any old stuff. I sure hope so.
I fear they'll play the songs where Tarja never really went operatic, but I hope not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:26 am

Are you catching them live on their new tour also? Where do you live? They will be touring North America pretty extensively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:37 am

blackieboy wrote:
Are you catching them live on their new tour also? Where do you live? They will be touring North America pretty extensively.
Unfortunately I have little time to go to shows these days, and I'll be honest and say that me and shows don't mix. I tend to get into fights. Haha. I'm not a fan of getting an elbow to the back of the head, and I don't react well to that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:59 am

i think the new singer is more identifiable & blows the old singer out of the water. just my opinion.

i don't go to shows either.

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 1:34 am

can't wait for TOUR in 2008 ! wanna see her live ! the were here with Tarja 2x. hope that see them in 08 or 09.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 1:45 am

Quote :
i think the new singer is more identifiable & blows the old singer out of the water. just my opinion.

Like I said, I'm gonna wait until I spend a little time with the new album, but I'm pretty sure I'll share your sentiments.

Quote :
can't wait for TOUR in 2008 ! wanna see her live ! the were here with Tarja 2x. hope that see them in 08 or 09.

They have never toured the USA (at least not extensively), so I'm quite stoked that they are starting their new tour here. Wow, you've seen them live TWICE??! You are a very lucky man.

Where are you at anyway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:43 am

mc666 wrote:

Really? Why is that? I've heard a few people say this. Is it personal taste? I can't imagine anyone truly thinking Tarja is a worse singer.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 10:47 am

yeah i cant wait for this either the bits i have heard sound awesome
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Really? Why is that? I've heard a few people say this. Is it personal taste? I can't imagine anyone truly thinking Tarja is a worse singer.

Tarja was never more then a mediocre opea singer. It was the odd match with her voice and melodic power metal that got all the hype. She is not a good singer per se, just a unique choice for a metal band. The new singer can actually sing! Just my 2 cents.

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:43 pm

I think Tarja was a great singer! I can't wait to get her new solo album, "My Winter Storm". It's coming out just after Nightwish release their new one.

That said - I think both singers are great in their own right. I just feel that Annette is best suited for them right now. In the direction they have taken (which is certainly a more gothic one).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:18 pm

Mediocre opera singer? I don't know, bro. Have you heard her solo EPs?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:42 pm

I've pre-ordered the new cd from Newbury Comics. It's a 2 disc version with an autographed booklet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:22 pm

a two disc version? What does that one have that the other will not?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You've got a really good singer and an amazing singer, and that's Tarja. My opinion, of course. =)

I agree with you Nightwish lost some of their identity, but on the other hand comparing the songs above I dig the Nightwish tune, but Tarja's "I Walk Alone" does nothing to me... quite boring tune sung by brilliant singer - can I listen to it, yes; will I ever play it again, probably not. That's the major difference for me I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 10:01 pm

blackieboy wrote:
a two disc version? What does that one have that the other will not?
The bonus disc will be an instrumental version of the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:21 am

NICE! I want that one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Nightwish (October 2nd)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next