Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Nightwish (October 2nd)

Go down 
+9
Todd Jaymz
Smindas
DallasBlack
stormspell
nevermore
TheGooch
iamrockerfun
mc666
kmorg
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:24 pm

who knows eh who knows. i like both singers so either way i win lol

Last edited by on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:30 pm

I love both singers too! And frankly I'd probably love "Dark Passion Play" the same if Tarja was in the band.

I do not think Anette detracts from what Tarja would have provided though.

By the way, did you guys know that "Dark Passion Play" debuted at number 84 on the Billboard Top 200 album charts?

cheers
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:32 pm

it was number 25 here in the uk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:33 pm

🤘

The USA can be lame that way! It should be much much higher on the charts. I'm glad it made it though!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:37 pm

25 in uk is about the same as 84 in us i suppose
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The new singer doesn't even compare. Tarja blows her away. The new singer is just typical. She's good, and I think the album is killer, but he vocals aren't special. Tarja's voice is just captivating. Just compare Tarja's new video to Nightwish's:

TARJA - I WALK ALONE
NIGHTWISH - AMARANTH

You've got a really good singer and an amazing singer, and that's Tarja. My opinion, of course. =)

We are in complete agreement on this, I just checked out some clips on their page, this new singer is far too poppy for my taste, not a bad singer, but not a good fit, imho.

Still going to the show tomorrow night, Paradise Lost is on the bill as well! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:32 pm

They're pretty good. I love their rendition of "the phantom of the opera". the bass line gets to me. I'm seeing 'em in a week or two as well.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:35 am

phantom of the opera is a very good cover for sure
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Totally off subject but doesn't Marco have a bad a** gotee (a while back when it was shorter, it looked like devil horns IMO). I'd like to grow one like that but I doubt the companies I work for would allow me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 pm

it is a pretty bad ass goaty to be sure!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:18 pm

i actually tried growing one out, but it took way too long
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:21 pm

i could not do it anyhow i have very little facial hair. beats shaving but then i am only 18
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:53 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i could not do it anyhow i have very little facial hair. beats shaving but then i am only 18

I started growing facial hair when I was thirteen, but my dad made me shave until I graduated from High School. When I finally did I had a different mustache/beard every three weeks. Had to shave for four years when I was in the navy and now I hate shaving so much that I'm back to changing appearance every now an then (currently I have Lemmy style muttonchops). I just hope that once I do find a career path, I am allowed to shun shaving when I want to.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:17 pm

the lemmy muttonchops sound cool. i have to shave for work cos i work with food but there aint a lot to get rid off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:23 pm

Dallas! Badass avatar! I remember when I first saw that thing, I fell in love. I love the QR symbol; it's so cool. Anyway, years have gone by and I'd forgotten about that guitar until I went on vacation to Maui, Hawaii. The Hard Rock Cafe there has that guitar autographed and mounted on their wall! I totally wanted to steal it. Hahaha.

Anyway, does anyone know how Nightwish got so popular in the US? Was it really because "Wish I Had An Angel" was on the Alone In The Dark soundtrack? If so, that's pretty damn amazing.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:30 pm

no idea but i just listened to that song and its awesome. they are not as big as in europe still though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:42 pm

TheGooch wrote:
no idea but i just listened to that song and its awesome. they are not as big as in europe still though
Have you not heard anything else by them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:19 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Totally off subject but doesn't Marco have a bad a** gotee (a while back when it was shorter, it looked like devil horns IMO). I'd like to grow one like that but I doubt the companies I work for would allow me.

My goat is getting pretty long, but it's nowhere near as long as that yet. Mine's about 3-4 inches is all.

Plus I have both ears pierced with rather large diamond studs and I wear eyeliner.

So yeah - I'm a sight.

I work from home though .. so I can get away with all that fun stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:54 pm

mms://twotf-78.wmod.llnwd.net/a551/d1/11A/BOXCP2J2MV8HU7U6T59NAPCOBPCOT3EF4.wma

Tarja's cover of Alice Cooper's "Poison." Can't say I really dig it. It sounds weak. Maybe hearing the full song will change my opinion. I know the original too well.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mms://twotf-78.wmod.llnwd.net/a551/d1/11A/BOXCP2J2MV8HU7U6T59NAPCOBPCOT3EF4.wma

Tarja's cover of Alice Cooper's "Poison." Can't say I really dig it. It sounds weak. Maybe hearing the full song will change my opinion. I know the original too well.

WTF????? Well, Tarja is not the one destroying that cover. The wretched band is!!!!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:43 pm

Wow! That just sucked. Man I just cannot get into this girl's vocals AT ALL.

My son walked into the room JUST as I was playing that clip and said,
"What's this a church choir singing Alice Cooper." LOL! Well, at least
he knew who the song was by.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:46 pm

Oh wow. That was...

Oh dear.

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 4:56 pm

Tarja needs to join a real band, not hire a band to write second rate Nightwish songs for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:17 am

I thought it actually sounded pretty cool. I'm going to be picking up Tarja's new album in a few weeks I think.

It's certainly not as good as the new Nightwish, but I still have a place in my heart for Tarja.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:34 am

blackieboy wrote:
I thought it actually sounded pretty cool. I'm going to be picking up Tarja's new album in a few weeks I think.

It's certainly not as good as the new Nightwish, but I still have a place in my heart for Tarja.

I think i will pick up her new album as well. besides it has a cool cover art

just listening to the new nightwish album for the millionth time and it is still awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Nightwish (October 2nd)   new Nightwish (October 2nd) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Nightwish (October 2nd)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next