Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Bands that rely heavily on image/gimmicks are always going to have to fight an uphill battle for respectability. Whether that is fair or not is beside the point, it's just the way it is and always has been.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Unless you're Lady Gaga. Or Blue Man Group. Or Miley Cyrus.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:51 pm

I couldn't really care less about that guy's opinion, I just wish it was more informed. He 's so way off base on most points it's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:42 pm

He can say whatever he wants - as can I. And I think the guy is a douche bag based on that article.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Paul Stanley will be signing his new book at a store in Jersey tomorrow (the same place where I went to Dave Mustaine's book signing a couple of years ago). I'd love to go but by the time I get outta work, drive down there, and find a parking place, the signing would probably be over.

Naw. Paul would still be there saying all kinds of derogatory things about Ace and Criss. It seems his and Gene's goal now to smear the two of them.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Rolling Stone.com article about Vinnie Vincent:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-long-kiss-goodbye-the-search-for-vinnie-vincent-20140408
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:03 am

Now that the HOF thing is over, what are we going to talk about?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:05 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Dunno. What's Geoff Tate up to this week? Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Word on the street he formed a supergroup with Vinnie Vincent
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 12:51 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Word on the street he formed a supergroup with Vinnie Vincent

Lol! I was surprised nobody posted about the induction. Just so it's official and written in the halls of HOM, all four original members showed up and shared the stage. yayyy.

Honestly though I'm really happy they got in. It's about time. But still so many bands to go...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:22 pm

For the record, for all the ire Gene & Paul have received over the last couple of months, Peter & Ace (Peter, mostly) were the ones who did a little bit of subtle mud-slinging in their speeches.

Gene & Paul completely embraced Ace & Peter as the originals, "the real Fantastic Four", and the reason they were all there. They then went on to thank Eric Carr, Mark St. John, Vinnie Vincent, Bruce Kulick, and of course Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer. They were true to their word of including ALL members of KISS while showing nothing but respect, gratitude and love for Ace & Peter and their positions as co-founders of all things KISS.

So, what did Peter do? Looked right into the crowd and said "With or without make-up, I'm still The Catman!" which, IMO was a not-so-subtle middle finger to Eric Singer and the current KISS. Ace mumbled something (or maybe it was also Peter) about being the "one and only Spaceman" or something like that...again, verbally flipping off Tommy Thayer.

So, for all the "fans" giving Gene & Paul so much shit over "bashing" Ace & Peter, and not giving them credit, and not showing them respect, I give you Ace & Peter: Bitter Old Men.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 pm

At least they (KISS and the RnR HoF) managed to squeeze more publicity out of it in the press than last year's GnR will-they-or-won't-they-reunite debate. Now it's over and the world didn't spin from it's axis. Super-duper.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

So, for all the "fans" giving Gene & Paul so much shit over "bashing" Ace & Peter, and not giving them credit, and not showing them respect, I give you Ace & Peter: Bitter Old Men.

Why would they be bitter about telling the truth ?  In this instance at least.
Ace honored original manager Bill Aucoin (RIP) by having a photo of him at his table.
So he was respectable about something.  Read the after induction interview Rolling Stone did with Ace Frehley and you'll see somebody takin the high road.  At least Ace never told the HoF to "blow me" and then stand up there and act honored like Paul Stanley did.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:39 pm

Its a ploy for attention because they will never be better than they where when they were together. Its like like Mick and Keef, only more childish.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:49 pm

James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Why would they be bitter about telling the truth ?  In this instance at least.
Ace honored original manager Bill Aucoin (RIP) by having a photo of him at his table.
So he was respectable about something.  Read the after induction interview Rolling Stone did with Ace Frehley and you'll see somebody takin the high road.  At least Ace never told the HoF to "blow me" and then stand up there and act honored like Paul Stanley did.

Paul acted honored because he knows the only reason they were accepted was because of years of fan pressure...he was there out of respect for the fans' efforts to get them there. He also, eloquently, said the HOF suits were full of shit.

There's the truth, and then there's "f*** you". Eric & Tommy know who Ace & Peter are. They know who the originals are. They know why they're there. They don't need self-validation the way Peter apparently does. Everyone knows you're Peter Criss, dude. But even when being inducted into the HOF, he felt the need to reiterate that HE is "The Catman". Yeah, we know that...that's why we're all here.

Like I said, Gene & Paul were very vocal, gracious, inclusive and affectionate about Ace & Peter and the fact that, in that moment, "the real Fantastic Four" were standing on the stage. They left no doubt that they know that Ace & Peter are just as important to the foundation and establishment of KISS as Gene & Paul are.

That's cool about Bill Acoin's pic.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:58 pm

I understand your point Shawn
suppose it depends on perspective...

I guess it's my issue with all the emulation going on with current KISS
Tommy and Eric play way better than Ace and Peter probably could right now, but still.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 3:02 pm

I watched the youtube clips - I didn't think Ace was being a dick. Peter did come across as bitter to "Mr. Stanley and Mr. Simmons."

I am sure some of the "war of words" was to generate interest in the induction.....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 3:07 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I am sure some of the "war of words" was to generate interest in the induction.....

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Chuck-norris-thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Well, either way, what Ace and Peter said are true...regardless of their intention behind saying them.

I love Eric Singer, particularly, and Tommy rules too.

But Peter is still The Catman. And Ace is the one and only Spaceman.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Peter Criss is a textbook passive-aggressive, I think anyone who's ever had to deal with people like that can spot one a mile away. His speech is a perfect example of him making subtle little jabs at Paul and Gene while still coming off as the "victim". His current career seems to consist entirely of going on radio shows and whining about how big bad Kiss hurt poor, helpless Peter.

He's a mediocre drummer and I completely believe Paul when he says Peter's creative input was minimal. Just listen to one of his solo albums, the guy can't write a song to save his life. You'd think the guy would be grateful for the free ride he got but no, he's going around playing "poor me" because his former bandmates are playing with someone who wears his facepaint. Y'know, the one he sold to them.

Paul and Gene may be loudmouth jackasses but at least they try to back it up.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 4:19 pm

i hope you've read the last Paul's:
On KISS bandmate Gene Simmons with whom he founded the band more than 40 years ago:

Stanley: "No, I didn't like him at all [when I first met him]. There's days he annoys me now. You know the squeaky wheel gets the oil. So he's the guy who everybody sees as like the brains behind KISS, which is really he is the mouth behind KISS. I always tell people he lives two minutes away and I can see his ego from here."

On KISS' other two original members, guitarist Ace Frehley and drummer Peter Criss:

Stanley: "They don't belong in the band. And they don't belong in a position to represent the band."

On his refusal to perform, for old time's sake, one more time, with Frehley and Criss at the Rock Hall induction:

Stanley: "How about for old time's sake you go back and spend the night with your ex-wife?... You wouldn't make good music." - See more at: http://www.metalwani.com/2014/04/news-paul-stanley-says-ace-frehley-and.html#sthash.wFrWp4If.dpuf
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 4:23 pm

I think Peter's solo albums have some decent songs on them, but I have no doubt he was the least "creative" member of KISS, he was kicked out mainly for his ego problems, so i'm not surprised to see that hasn't changed much.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:11 pm

So apparently some old acetate recording of Ace Frehley has surfaced. It's from his pre-KISS band Molimo and can be heard here.

WARNING: It's NOTHING like you'd expect from the Spaceman we all know and love. Think more 60's psychedelia and filthy hippies. Ewwwwwww.

My opinion is that the recording should be taken out behind the bard from which it was discovered and put down forever.  blech

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Hilarious Chuck Klosterman article on Kiss: http://grantland.com/features/chuck-klosterman-kiss-hall-of-fame/

His review of Peter's solo Kiss album is spot on. Ha!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Paul has had enough of Gene:

lol! 
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 11 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next