Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:33 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
interesting, ill wait for album reviews especially form 80s era.
btw. animalize is not '86 but 84 !

Yes, but the flag said TOUR 86  Laughing . Yes, a lot more videos about KISS to come in a future. Thanks for watching.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just picked up the book "Nothin To Lose: The Making of KISS 1972-75" by Gene, Paul and Ken Sharp, from the library today. Looking forward to digging into it later this week. Anyone here read it yet?

I'm about halfway through this book at the moment and I'm really diggin it. Ken Sharp dug up interviews with a lot of people who were pivotal in KISS' early days but haven't been heard from very much since then, and they've got lots of funny/entertaining stories.

The photos are great too, lots that I've never seen before. There's some great shots of them playing at small clubs like Coventry and The Daisy in jeans and t-shirts, with half-assed early versions of their soon to be famous makeup on their faces. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:49 am

Speaking of books, Paul Stanley's will be out this April...
Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Paulstanleybook

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:56 am

^^ Yup, and I'll read it, fanboy that I am. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 am

may be a real truth gonna be revealed
we will have 4 angles of the inside truth of kiss.
which one will u choose.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:40 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
which one will u choose.

5 sides to this story - Ace, Peter, Gene, Paul's and the truth....
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 am

thejokeriv wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
which one will u choose.

sorry, i miss last one, exactly.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 am

thejokeriv wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
which one will u choose.

I'm going with the truth on this one, since you have two narcissistic personalities regarding both Gene and Paul, and then you have two individuals in that of Ace and Peter who had drug/alcohol dependency issues. The truth is really blurred within the ranks of this band. I don't put much stock into what Gene says most of the time. I think Paul tows the line when it comes to what Gene says. Ace has gotten his life together, but he at best was a functioning alcoholic in the 70's and 80's, so he's Ozzy in a nutshell. Peter is sorta the wildcard; he's probably more believable than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:59 am

Of the three KISS members' books that I've read, Peter's seemed the most "real." They were all good reads though.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Of the three KISS members' books that I've read, Peter's seemed the most "real." They were all good reads though.

I would say that Peter at least seems like a sympathetic figure. I've actually seen the guy cry, whether it dealt with his closeness that he felt towards his mother, hitting rock bottom, or his cancer scare. Not that a rocker needs to cry to become a sympathetic figure, but I find Gene and Paul to be very robotic, and Ace tends to laugh about everything. I simply can't relate to people like that, so yes, Peter seems the most down to earth, and a guy you could sit down and drink with, if he wasn't a recovering alcoholic...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:36 am

I'm behind on these books. I've only read Gene's so far.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 2:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Speaking of books, Paul Stanley's will be out this April...
Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Paulstanleybook

Cool cover!  I am really looking forward to Paul's book.  So far, I've read the books by Ace and Gene, but have yet to read Peter's.  I'm sure I'll get to it eventually, but I've got a lot of books on deck right now including Nothing To Lose and My Life with Deth.

Last edited by JBall_Z on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:39 am

Finished the "Nothin' To Lose" book last night...I really enjoyed it. Bring on Paul's autobio!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:24 pm

I don't know how current it was, but surfing around last night, I caught an episode of 'Toy Hunter' on the Travel Channel and Gene Simmons was on it. He called the host and said "Find some KISS memoribilia I DON'T have".

The guy tracked down 4 vintage items (giant comic book, panties, viewmaster slides and a remote-controlled van), and hand delivered them to Gene's masnsion in LA. Gene had 3 of the 4 itmes already and only took the rc van. He gave the host a signed gold record in return.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't know how current it was, but surfing around last night, I caught an episode of 'Toy Hunter' on the Travel Channel and Gene Simmons was on it. He called the host and said "Find some KISS memoribilia I DON'T have".

The guy tracked down 4 vintage items (giant comic book, panties, viewmaster slides and a remote-controlled van), and hand delivered them to Gene's masnsion in LA. Gene had 3 of the 4 itmes already and only took the rc van. He gave the host a signed gold record in return.

Cool.  Hopefully, I'll be able to catch that episode some time soon.  It's probably the nostalgia factor , but I like Toy Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park director Gordon Hessler passed away earlier this month at the age of 83. Gene and Paul had some nice things to say about him to Fangoria.com:

Fangoria wrote:
“Gordon Hessler was ever the gentleman,” Simmons told FANGORIA today. "He was kind, he was considerate and caring. He would actually take the time to talk to us on set, not just about the filming we had to do that day, but also how we were feeling about everything, which is rare. He will be missed."

KISS frontman and co-founder Paul Stanley also spoke to FANGORIA, whimsically recalling that period so long ago when the biggest band in the world made their first movie. “Gordon Hessler had the misfortune of being thrown into the impossible situation of trying to create a film with a cast led by four idiots who had no concept of acting and a script that had little pop and too much corn,” Stanley said.

“But he was a lovely, soft spoken gentleman and I truly felt for him, in what was clearly going to be a futile effort making KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM OF THE PARK.”

Full article:
http://www.fangoria.com/new/kiss-co-founders-simmons-and-stanley-remember-gordon-hessler/

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6379

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Anyone see KISS perform at the NHL outdoor game in LA?

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 465762825
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 12:52 am

Did anyone else see the KISS vinyl reissues available for preorder on Amazon?  Apparently a vinyl reissue campaign is beginning in April, but there are virtually no details.  Right now the prices are high, but they may not be fixed.  I'm kind of excited about the fact that Psycho Circus will finally be officially released on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Here is what a bit more news on those vinyl reissues

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/kiss-confirm-40th-anniversary-box-set/
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:06 pm

I want Revenge, Alive: The Millennium Concert, Carnival Of Souls: The Final Sessions and Psycho Circus.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:49 pm

That all-vinyl-in-a-real-road-case box sounds sweet. I can only imagine the price tag though...

It also seems that "Sonic Boom"is the only studio album that's not included in the box. WTF is up with that?

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Finished the "Nothin' To Lose" book last night...I really enjoyed it. Bring on Paul's autobio!

I've been meaning to pick up Nothin' To Lose. From what I've read about it the book should be a very interesting read. I'll also be getting Paul's book when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:21 am

KISS and Def Leppard are teaming up for a summer tour. I like both bands, but don't think I'll be going to this tour. Considering how Paul has sounded so far this year, I can't imagine what kind of shape is voice is going to be in by the end of August:

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:22 pm

That vinyl box set is awesome. I would buy it if I had won the lottery - which I did not.

I will definitely get the Creatures of the Night vinyl.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:35 pm

KISS after 40 years finally made the cover of Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kiss-finally-get-the-cover-of-rolling-stone-20140325
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 7 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next