Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The offical Kiss thread

Go down 
+30
Vexer6
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
akeldama
James B.
Cliffy
jstate
iamrockerfun
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
kmorg
Mglaffas81
ZombieHavoc
manny
Nosaj2493
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
tohostudios
nevermore
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
exact33
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
Witchfinder
Smindas
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:35 pm

He mentions taking themselves seriously is why Aerosmith has been around forever.

So has KISS. So way to end it on a contradictory note.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 pm

It does come off rather douchey. Nice job, Steven.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:38 pm

He doesn't like the fact that KISS easily blows them away live.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:27 pm

nevermore wrote:

I don't know about that. I've seen both bands many times and 'Smith always put on a great performance.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I don't know about that. I've seen both bands many times and 'Smith always put on a great performance.

I've seen both before as well. And I'm not saying Aerosmith put on a bad show but it just isn't as good as a KISS show,imo.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:49 pm

I don't know that there's anyway to spin that story that doesn't make Steven come off sounding like a dick.

They've both started in the 70's, had great success, had some rough times, came back and still produce decent rock albums. Both sold platinum, had radio hits, etc. The biggest difference really is their on-stage antics. Different, but equally good in their own way.

KISS took the marketing thing to dizzing heights though, so maybe that's what Steven's salty about. Noone wants to market an Aerosmith coffin.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
Steven Tyler not a big KISS fan....

Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler and Joe Perry didn’t mince words when asked about Kiss in a recent radio interview. Tyler admitted he never cared for his counterpart’s music after calling them “a comic book rock band.” With Gene Simmons and company also doing media rounds to promote a new album, one expects Tyler’s comments are only the beginning of an entertaining back-and-forth.

“They’ve got a couple of hits, but they’re more the comic book — you see them in their speckled faces,” Tyler added while talking to the Cowhead Show on Tampa, Fla. rock station WHPT in an interview that aired Wednesday. “I remember when we went out with Kiss in ’76 or something, one of our roadies got into a knife fight with their guys. So I hated them ever since.”

The singer added that he’s learned to like Simmons and Paul Stanley on a personal level since that incident, but his thoughts on their music haven’t wavered.

“It is different. A Kiss lick and a Joe Perry lick — two different worlds. And I, sometimes, depending on the time of day, get offended. I hear that and go, ‘It’s all right, but do they really mean it?’ And, ‘What’s this all about?’ And that’s why I think Aerosmith has been around forever. We really do take ourselves seriously.”

wow. When Steven Tyler has to say they take themselves seriously then you know something is wrong.

MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:17 pm

nevermore wrote:

Not anymore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 am

I think Steven is comparing the larger than life spectacle that is Kiss, with the visual trappings standing about equally with the music...to Aerosmith's more stripped down approach by "letting the music do the talking".

Essentially it sounds like Steven believes the music is insincere and only there as a vehicle for the marketing.

I'm sure Kiss will respond back and we'll have yet another hard rock soap opera...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:52 am

Odd that Steven mentions marketing surprised

It would seem his stint on "Mericun Idle" was a mere marketing ploy for himself and his band. At least KISS was invited to perform, for whatever thats worth.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:16 pm

James B. wrote:
Odd that Steven mentions marketing The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 685534

It would seem his stint on "Mericun Idle" was a mere marketing ploy for himself and his band. At least KISS was invited to perform, for whatever thats worth.

Nahhh, Idol wasn't a marketing ploy. It was all about money. I'd judge the stupid show for the millions they offered Steve if it were offered too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:37 am

just dont talk bout Aero and Steven in KiSS thead. angry
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:48 am

ultmetal wrote:
James B. wrote:
Odd that Steven mentions marketing The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 685534

Nahhh, Idol wasn't a marketing ploy. It was all about money. I'd judge the stupid show for the millions they offered Steve if it were offered too.

Everything is showbusiness is a PR thing. Of course his stint in AI gave the band attention too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:16 am

Quote :
I'm sure Kiss will respond back and we'll have yet another hard rock soap opera...

Instead of talking, I'd much rather they settle it through songs. Like the old battle raps of years gone by.

I'm still waiting on my non-existent bonus track Best Buy version to arrive. According to the tracking it'll be two more days. So I not only got gypped but it's taken over a week till it might get to me. Yeah I'm bitter about the whole thing. Only way this turns out cool is if the album kicks my ass nine different ways.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 am

I listened to Monster a few times this weekend and I thought it was a little bland. Aside from that first single, nothing stood out. It was decent enough while playing, but immediatley forgotten once it was over.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:12 pm

All this Aerosmith vs Kiss stuff will culminate in a co-headline tour in 2013...consider this pre-marketing.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
All this Aerosmith vs Kiss stuff will culminate in a co-headline tour in 2013...consider this pre-marketing.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm diggin' it.

Me too, though I've given it numerous casual listens but haven't really dug in and focused on it yet.

"Hell or Hallelujah" is easily the best track but I'm not hearing anything else that comes close to "Modern Day Delilah", "All for the Glory", "Danger Us", "I'm An Animal" or "Say Yeah". Maybe I will after a few more listens.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Standouts for me thus far are Hell Or Hallelujah, Wall Of Sound, Back To The Stone Age and Shout Mercy. There are no bad tracks. It's not as immediate as some of their albums, but that's not a bad thing.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I'm diggin' it.

Me too, though I've given it numerous casual listens but haven't really dug in and focused on it yet.

"Hell or Hallelujah" is easily the best track but I'm not hearing anything else that comes close to "Modern Day Delilah", "All for the Glory", "Danger Us", "I'm An Animal" or "Say Yeah". Maybe I will after a few more listens.

i think it sound muddled to be honest. I like it but it is not nearly as good sounding as Sonic Boom.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 pm

exact33 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I'm diggin' it.

i think it sound muddled to be honest. I like it but it is not nearly as good sounding as Sonic Boom.

I'm listening to it on Spotify at the moment (CD should be arriving today) so it's hard to tell about the production side of things. I don't really hear that stuff unless something is REALLY wrong anyway. Sounds just like Sonic Boom to me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I'm diggin' it.

I'm listening to it on Spotify at the moment (CD should be arriving today) so it's hard to tell about the production side of things. I don't really hear that stuff unless something is REALLY wrong anyway. Sounds just like Sonic Boom to me.

I dont think so - and I dont normally hear differences like others here. I dont hear the guitars like I am used to on a kiss record.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 pm

I must be the only here that thought it the production sounds better than Sonic Boom...... I still think Sonic Boom had better songs and the album is good, but not great.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm diggin' the new one, but then I'm a fanboy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 pm

I went to the big city today (at least for Montana anways Laughing very hard ) and got it (Monster) at Hasting's for a 10 spot. Listened to it on the hour or so drive home and was expecting far less than what I actually think of it. Sounded like KISS to me. I just hope they finaly fet that elusive number 1 album, who knows ? I see Gene's and Paul's sons following in thier daddy's footsteps. Afterall, it has been said KISS don't have to die just because no original dudes are left.

PostSubject: Re: The offical Kiss thread   The offical Kiss thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical Kiss thread
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next